You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Awakening

Real Ghost Stories

My Awakening

 

I was thirteen years old and lived with my mother, whom I didn't really get along with. We didn't hate each each other, we were just at a point where we didn't understand one another. She had was divorced from her second husband, and I was done being polite. Yep - typical teenager.

We had moved with my sister and mother. The place gave me the creeps on first sight. My sister and I shared a room, it was a pretty cool room, spacious and had two wide windows that let in lots of sunlight. It overlooked a catwalk. The condo looked no different from any other on the block. I remember telling my mom that I wasn't comfortable here, but was afraid to tell her why. Finally after many months I told her that I can sense things. She laughed and asked me what did I think I can feel? (different question from what I had admitted to her.) I, in my young age, admitted that I must have been mistaken.

One particular night Mom was working late at our family restaurant. My sister and I were home alone. No big deal - I'm thirteen, I'm a big girl. My 8 year old sister was a wimp, would not even go potty without me. We were sleeping one night and then I heard the front door rattle. Then I heard the front window rattle as well. We're upstairs- why am I hearing this as my little sister is sleeping peacefully besides me (the wimp)? I laid down trying to go back to sleep, then I heard a very female voice tell me to wake up. Wake up now! As my bed was closest to the window, I jumped! I checked on my sister who was fast asleep (nothing out my window) and proceeded down the stairs. I sat down on the couch which looked at the front door and huge bay window. My skin was crawling. As I'm looking at the front door, the stairs start creaking. One by one - fifteen in all. I freaked out. I cannot begin to tell you the emotion I was feeling. Or how scared I was. The front door rattled, then our front window started shaking. Then silence. Suddenly I hear a window breaking from upstairs. My room - my sister. I raced upstairs and the window above my bed was broken. Someone had tried to break in. The police were called and the young male was caught - still on the catwalk.

Later that night my mom came to me and admitted that she also sensed things as a child. She told me that woman that had lived in our condo prior to us had died of cancer, and that Mom only agreed to move in was because it was an accepted death and she wanted to die at home. Our home.

Little did I know, this was just my beginning.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gina5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gina5 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Hi guys- please forgive my late response as I'm not used to sharing. I had no idea anyone would respond to my simple story, you have no idea how grateful I am that you did. To start: -This story is simply told from what I sensed at a young age. I never knew who was at the door or who was calling on the phone (generally speaking). I always knew when I wasn't alone. - and it scared the crud out of me. I knew I was being watched. But my family always told me I was being silly- stop it- you're going to scare your sister. Knock it off or your grounded. So I suppressed it. I can't see into the future. I can't see the past. I can only feel the emotions given to me.

The intruder did break the glass onto my bed. My bed was near the window, my sister was against the opposite wall. Our room was directly on top of the living room. The female voice was very clear as to what she wanted me to do. Get out. Do it now. The steps heard on the stairs I listened to, as no one walked down them. My sister woke up as my parents did and the police were called out. A
This is the only story I have shared. But I have a ton more and welcome your input.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-10-04)
Gina5,
Although I agree with elnora and Miracles for the most part, something is nagging at me. Not a bad nagging, just the feeling there is more than meets the eye here.
Before I go off down a path that may lead nowhere, can you please tell me exactly what you mean by, "sense things"? Sometimes its clear from a story that the OP means 'spirits' and such, and sometimes folks use it to mean 'know things they shouldn't know'or pertaining to some form of ESP. I'm curious as to how you meant it.
xlauraloux (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-04)
I think the female voice you heard was trying to warn you that there was an intruder not only that but I'm sure if the window was broken by him the glass would of gone on to your bed, on to you! With it being so close, she was trying to save you from getting hurt in my opinion.

That must of been terrifying being home alone at such a young age experiencing a break in that can be a worse experience than paranormal ones, good thing she was there for you ❤
WhiteRing (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Ugh! I really hate burglars.
It's actually good that you didn't meet, you and that thief, because you might get hurt if ever. And you and your sister's safety is the best part
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
I too would like to know if your sister woke up with the broken window as Miracles expressed.
I also agree with Miracled and elnoraemily that the door and window shaking were from the breaking in. He decided he couldn't get in that way so he came in through your window. The stairs could have also been impacted cause he was by your room.
The voice could have been your intuition/subconscious telling you that there is danger. Our bodies still process tons of information while sleeping. That's why when we hear noise in the morning we wake up.
Very interesting story!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
I can relate on the divorced family teenager anger. Sorry you had to go through that, it is a sad experience.

I think the window breaking, the door and the other window shaking were all a part of the break in. I don't think any of that was paranormal, but the young man who was caught outside your house. What you heard as the stairs creaking may very well have been a misinterpretation of hearing the man outside moving around and getting onto the catwalk outside your room.
The voice yelling at you to get up could have very well been your own mind, telling you that there is a problem. It sounds silly, but it happens. Your mind knew there was a problem and released adrenaline, trying to get you to react.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Gina5 - I just have a minor question about when the window was broken. Didn't your sister hear it and react to someone breaking into your home?

And this is just my opinion, not knowing anything about your home except what you have shared, but perhaps the door and window rattling were all part of the attempted break in.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: