You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Flying Notebook

Real Ghost Stories

Flying Notebook

 

I was eleven years old when I had this experience, and it was not the last. Since then many more things have happened that have left me terrified. These happenings only ever seem to occur in my own bedroom, never anywhere else in the house.

It was about 9:30pm and I was about to go to bed. I had just got my pyjamas on when I noticed that a notebook that my best friend gave me was on the floor. I picked it up and put it on my desk. I then turned around to pick something up off of the floor. When I turned back, I saw my notebook hovering in the air. The next thing I knew it was being thrown... At me. It just missed me, and I was terrified.

I had had the notebook for about a year and a half, and nothing like that had ever happened with it before. In fact, I had never had any experiences like this before it, and since then there have been many more.

The notebook contained many memories of me, my family and my friends. Maybe it was something about the memories. Maybe it was something to do with the person who gave it to me, my best friend. Or maybe the spirit just wanted to hurt me. Whatever it was, it made me really scared and since then, I have experienced other ghostly activity. No one knows about this except me and my best friend. I have not told my family, because I know they will just brush it off and say it just fell.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Please help me to understand what this was, and why it happened. It was really creepy, and I don't want anything like it to happen again. This experience happened at my house in Kettering, England.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DoubleTrouble, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

WhiteRing (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
[at] valkricry - Thank you! I'm pretty sure that I am not alone in my room and some entity is in there with me, that's why I don't want to do anything. But now that it seems okay, I will really need to do something. Thanks a bunch!
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
WhiteRing, by taking ownership of your own space, you aren't provoking a ghost. I mean you are not demanding that it proves its existence, or even demanding it leave. You aren't even challenging it. You are simply telling it that it is not welcomed, nor is anything that is not positive in nature.
Then go about, actively being as positive as you can be. Think of negative things, like fear, anger, etc. As being food for unkind spirits. With hold the 'food' and it will go else where.
If you want, you can even try burning sage (evidently they hate the smell or something), or if your religious having your area blessed. The most important thing is knowing that you and you alone are responsible for your happiness.
WhiteRing (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
[at] valkricry: "just say out-loud, this is my room, my space, and anything negative is NOT welcomed here". Hi, is it really okay to do this? I wanted to say this many times, but I can't because iam scared. I mean, I don't want to provoke these ghosts.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
DoubleTrouble,
It's difficult to give any real advise with so little to go on. I noticed you said you won't participate in the conversation, which makes asking questions (which would aid us in developing theories) pointless.
I will say this though, you wondered if maybe a spirit just wanted to hurt you. By tossing a notebook at you? If you have a typical teen room, I'm sure there are much harder objects to throw at you. If a spirit wants to hurt you, it will. Now that I've said that, I will also say this; most spirits don't hurt people. It's our reaction TO what is happening that gets us hurt in most cases.
With the little you gave, and the fact it is only in your room, with no witnesses, it's possible that something is trying to get your attention, or there's a mundane explanation that you're over-looking, or your imagination is working overtime.
I suggest you start keeping a journal of these activities. Note the weather, time of day (approximate is ok), how you were feeling right before it happened, and as much detail as you can. You might find a common thread that might shed light on what is going on. Also, try not to dwell on it. Fill your room with as much positive energy as you can. Happy music, bright colors, things that make you feel good. Next, just say out-loud, this is my room, my space, and anything negative is NOT welcomed here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: