You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paranormal Awakening

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Awakening

 

My sister is two years older than me, and we shared a room until I was eleven. My sister is sensitive and when she was about eight she woke and saw our uncle (who had died) walk into our room and try to talk to her, he said he had something important to tell her, but she was very scared. He then asked her if she wanted him to go, and she said yes and he left. While this was going on, I was asleep.

A year or so after that my dad said he heard my sister calling out in her sleep, he went into our room and my sister was standing on the bed and reaching out the window (asleep) calling out to Sylvie (our cat) to come back. I don't know how she got back into bed because I was asleep. The next day our cat got ran over and died at the vets.

Now I am telling you this because I don't want to forget, and this next story happened last week. [I actually wrote this last year on my profile - since they weren't submitting stories at the time]

I was asleep in my room. I was having a dream about a ghost, and in my dream I was saying that a ghosts eyes are light, and when you are looking into the eyes of a ghost you see bright lights. In my dream I was a ghost look at me and I was looking into its eyes. I woke up with my eyes open and I was on my side and looking into a bright white light, it was next to my pillow. I then felt my blankets being tugged towards the direction of the light. When it went away after a few second, I thought it wasn't real, that was until I blinked and I saw the purple impression of where the light was against my eyes.

After it had happened I had the impression that it was a ghost lying in my bed next to me and tugging the blankets.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GirlSixteen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
so your sister "predicted" your cat was going to die the next day? Through a dream and your dead uncle visited her?
That must be so hard on her
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Thank you for sharing your experience. The ghost you saw was likely the afterimage of a hynpagogic hallucination. I have personally experienced all sorts of weird sensory illusions from hearing popping/tapping noises, whispers, rustling; seeing things--spiders, lights, shadows, figures; weird sensations--the blankets moving or being pulled, nerve spasms in my legs and arms that make it feel as though someone's touching me. I say all this because you were dreaming and asleep before you experienced this, so it sounds like a hynpagogic hallucination, which is the onset of sleep paralysis and makes for some very believable scenarios.

However, I fully believe the situation with your sister. It technically could have been a coincidence that she knew about the cat but I don't think so. I think she KNEW, knew.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
That's too bad about you being put off by your experiences. I'm surprised that not many comments are on here. That story also sounds like (from re-reading it) you had a possible glimspe of "the other side".Just pray and try and maybe bless the house if you are put off by it. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
GirlSixteen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
I'm in Taranaki. I felt wierd at the time and I don't know what to think of it. But part of why I wrote it on here was to know it was real. Looking back at it now I still can't believe it happened. And other things have been happening aswell lately and I'm quite put off by it. 😕
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
I'm from New Zealand!, What part do you live in? Anyway, great story!. Sounds a bit like an out of body experience.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: