You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Paranormal Experience Or Paranoid Experience? Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Experience Or Paranoid Experience? Part 2

 

Just wanted to give everyone a bit of an update. If you read my other story, you know the strange things that have been happening to me. If you haven't read my other story, then, please take a look at it and comment.

The other night, after reading some stories on this website, I decided to try doing a bit of an EVP session. So, I used the Voice Memo app on my phone, and started recording. However, when I went to check it again the next morning, it had been mysteriously deleted, although, every other voice memo I had on my phone was still there. When I did the session, it was about 3:00 a.m., and I was the only one up. I was in the living room alone, and there were no sounds at all. However, I remember exactly what I said, and what I got in response, so, I'm going to transcribe it for you, and see if you can give me any input.

Me: Is there anyone there?

*Pause* THUMP *Pause*

Me: If there is, can you say something?

*Pause* Inaudible Whispering *Pause*

That was the gist of it. I didn't go any further than that, because I wasn't really sure what I was doing, so that's all I could think of to say. I do know for sure however, that while I was recording, I didn't hear the THUMP, I only heard it once I played back my recording, I also didn't hear the whisper until I played back my recording, and to be honest, since I didn't expect to hear anything, I was kind of freaked out about that.

I also find it strange that I couldn't find that recording the next morning.

Another, strange thing that happened about two nights ago now, which I believe is completely unrelated to the events in my previous story was this:

I was in the living room, and I got up to go to the bathroom. To give you a little bit of the layout of the house, once you walk out of the bathroom, you can see part of our kitchen, including our kitchen table. You have to walk through the kitchen to get to the living room.

I was about halfway down the hall, between the kitchen in the bathroom, when I saw this white thing under the kitchen table that looked like a cats front leg. It was as if it was batting at something, from the chair behind the table. I'm sure you probably know what I mean. At first, I didn't think much of this. We have cats, but when I got to the kitchen, and looked under the table, there was nothing there, and there was definitely nothing that looked like a paw. There was nowhere that the cat could have ran without me seeing it from where I was standing, but I decided to check out where our cats were anyway, figuring that maybe I blinked and missed them.

All of the cats were outside. There was no way for them to get in, or out without someone opening the door. My mom was in bed, and I was the only other person in the house. I didn't let the cats in, and she was asleep. So, they couldn't have been the culprits.

However, we did have a cat that passed away in May. I shouldn't say this, because when you have more then one pet, you aren't really supposed to pick favourites, but the one that passed away had been my favourite. Am I really losing it now, or could that have been her?

It seems strange that I am suddenly experiencing all these things that I can't explain, because I've NEVER experienced anything like these things before in my entire life. I have never been in tune with the paranormal, and to be honest, up until these strange things started happening, I was a skeptic. I thought that everything had a logical explanation, but now, I'm experiencing these things that can't be explained.

So, to recap, my questions are as follows:

Why would that recording have mysteriously vanished, and what did the recording mean?

How can I explain that "paw" under the table?

And why do these things suddenly appear to be happening to me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you have any questions, about anything you need clarified, or if you have any answers for me, please leave a comment, and I'll get back to them as quickly as possible.

Other hauntings by Blizzards_Echo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blizzards_Echo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
Why would that recording have mysteriously vanished, and what did the recording mean?

Technical glitch; not possible to analyze since it's gone

How can I explain that "paw" under the table?

Pareidolia

And why do these things suddenly appear to be happening to me?

You are vulnerable and preoccupied with mortality and the afterlife since your father's death, and you are seeing possibilities everywhere as a result, and clinging to even the smallest incident, which you probably wouldn't even have noticed before, as proof that he is still with you. That said, not all your experiences are as easily explained, and I happen to believe it's very possible your father is still with you and letting you know in some way. You should be extra skeptical of your senses right now, but if you believe your father is still with you, then he is. I am sorry for your loss. My father passed away some years ago and I still miss him. I think he was with me for a while, but hopefully he has moved on to wherever one is supposed to move on to by now.
Blizzards_Echo (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
Griff84,
The recordings save automatically, and it is identical to my old phone, the phone that I had had for three years before. The only difference was that my contract was up, and I upgraded to a slightly newer one that worked exactly the same. And white I was recording, I didn't move a muscle. I was literally barely even breathing, because I was half expecting to hear something with my naked ear.

As for the paw, there was no way it could be a trick of the light or tiredness. I work nights, most of the time, so I sleep during the day. I had gotten off a night shift the previous night, and had slept most of the day, because I had another night shift that night. (12 a.m to 6 a.m.). I had gotten up about two hours before, and had been sitting in the living room playing on the computer. I was wide awake and well rested, and because there weren't any lights on in the house. The only light that may have possibly been on was my computer, but I have that set so that the screen automatically goes off after 1 minute, so the house was pitch black. We are far enough from the road that streetlights cannot shine through our windows, and that night the moon was clouded over. When I saw that shape, there was nothing that could make my mind play tricks on me.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
Hi Blizzards_Echo. You say your phone is brand new, and that you have only had it a week or so, could it just be the case that you are unfamiliar with it and perhaps didn't save, or deleted the recording by mistake? And as for the thump and whisper, the recorder on the phone is sensitive, and the slightest movement of your hand, even unintentional, could have caused those sounds.

With regards to the paws you saw, other than saying it could have been a trick of the light or perhaps even tiredness, I would like to think really that it was your cat just letting you know it was still there๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š
Blizzards_Echo (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
SirGawain,
My phone is brand new. I just upgraded it less than a week before I posted this, so, there was no way it could be because the phone was getting older.
SirGawain (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-13)
Phones are erratic sometimes. I have had phones delete things for no apparent reason, especially when they get older. I wouldn't automatically go to paranormal on that one.

As for the paw, it very well could be your cat. You said it was your favorite and you probably had a stronger emotional connection. I am not an expert by any means, but those are my theories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: