You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandad's Rocking Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Grandad's Rocking Chair

 

I'll start by telling you about my granddad, he died in 1985 I think and he had a rocking chair which my gran kept until recently, a few months ago she gave it to my dad and my step brother put it in his room. I go see my dad every week or so depending what I'm doing. He had said a month or so ago he woke up in the middle of the night and he saw someone sitting in the rocking chair, a dark figure that turned around and looked at him. Then he said he fell asleep and was woken again later by someone trying to pull his covers off, so he pulled them up and fell back asleep. Then just the other week he said that he woke up because he felt someone's hand on him above the covers on his shoulder and waving around above his face, he was kind of half asleep, he thinks, and he was trying to swat it away, then he fell asleep.

Well that's what happened to my dad and what he told me. Now I'll tell you what happened to me. It was a week or so ago and I was sleeping in the bed my dad had when he saw what he saw, not while he was sleeping in it. I got in bed and was on my phone texting people and then I put it down and closed my eyes for a bit and couldn't sleep, so I turned around. My back was facing the wall, I looked towards the rocking chair and there was a dark figure sat there, not looking at me, I think, looking forwards. I ducked under the covers a bit and rubbed my eyes, I looked back up and it was gone.

That's my story, it may not be as interesting or as exciting as some of the other ones, just wondering what you guys think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Myers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
Sounds as if your grand father may be havng a hard time crossing over. I am certain he loved his family very much and it must be very hard to let go and say good bye.

Talk to him, even if you do not see him. Let him know you all still love him and it is okay to cross over to peace. You all will join him when your time comes, you will not foget him and will be comforted by his memories.

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear Myers Aaron,

It would be nice, as well as helpful for brain fogger, foggies as myself to have both names of the author and poster be the same. Hallows Ho Hum!

Did you think it was your grandfather in the rocking chair? What did your dad think?

I think it was your grandfather. If you are not afraid you could speak to him like when he was alive and remind him that he has passed and might want to visit the other side if he has not already. You can also tell him to quit scaring you and to do less scary things like showing up like that. What really helps for anyone caught as an earthbound ghost or for a spirit just checking in is to send them love by telling them you love them out loud, in thought and in prayer. Love helps immensely. Be prepared to observe and feel the same love returned in a warm and comforting way. If your loved one, grandfather was a loving, positive person he will radiate from your love and will be able to give his love to you in return.

The way you know if a spirit or ghost means well or means harm is to "feel" how you feel about it. Does it feel warm and loving or does it feel icky, nauseating, scary and negative. Remember to also use your common sense too. Treat any uninvited guest alive or dead the same.

Your grandfather must have missed you and your dad and family, as well as his rocking chair. Just stopping by, to let you know he was checking up on you and that he was a rockin' around the midnight clock. --Abby
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
Hey Aaron!
I didn't check who the writer was and I was wondering why this story was so familiar LOL. Well now I know it's you. Great Story!

Take care and much love,
Shenny. 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
Hey, Myers! I also think it was your Grandfather. He was probably just checking up on his family, he still loves you. You could ask him to pass on and go where he should be. He might not realize he can or he may be afraid to go. Let him know that you all love him but it would be best for him to go on, that he'll be happy and safe.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-09)
It is not a matter of what we think Myers. Just what you think and believe. I believe it could have been your grandfather, especially if this rocking chair was one of his favorite possesions. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: