You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: When Grandad Came To Visit

Real Ghost Stories

When Grandad Came To Visit

 

I'm not really that great at this but something happened to me when I was younger and I thought I would share it with everyone seeing as everyone is on here to share theirs.

I was around 6-7 years of age and the only reason why I remember this is because my parents were still together (which they are no longer are.)

It all took place when I was taking a nap in my parents room on a late afternoon. The room was really dark as they had huge red curtains to match the roses on the wall. Most times I would end up falling asleep in my parents bed as I had a thing about them being alone together, like when your a child and you don't want to miss anything. Such as when we would be sleeping in our bed around 8'oclock my parents would order themselves a nice take away without us knowing.

I remember waking up in my parents bed, feeling clueless to a point I couldn't remember laying in their bed. But what freaked me out the most is that my head was under the covers (that is how I slept when I was younger as I was scared to see stuff in the dark anyways.) As I raised my head from under the covers I could never forget a face started to appear just in front of the fan light on the ceiling... I could never forget the features of the face appearing, I was so frightened but so confused as I didn't know what it was going to be.

I felt as though I needed to close my eyes and open them again, to which I did to then see that in fact it was my Grandad appearing in front of me. He not long ago passed away at the time and my Dad was still grieving for him, which was sad. But they usually say they come to you when your young. I remember him smiling at me and telling me not to frightened and to be honest I wasn't I was over the moon to see him as he always told me I was his favourite... I don't remember him talking much to me but when he was alive he would sit me on the sofa arm and listen to me read and that's what he did the night he appeared, which he sat on the end of the bed and listened to me read. He asked me to comb his white thin hair which he would used to do when I would stay round or visit. I felt as though it all happened so quickly but my Grandad loved a shot or a glass of Whiskey, he even pretended when he was alive to dip my dummy in his Whiskey and would say it will help me sleep!

However he asked me to go and collect him a small glass from the kitchen so he could pull himself some. But when I came back to the bedroom he was no longer to be seen and I was devastated and heartbroken. I ran upstairs to the living to then explain to my dad who I just saw, to which I knew deep down he believed me but my mum didn't believe a word.

A couple of weeks go by and me, my mum and my two sisters was sitting on my mums bed, my dad was in the kitchen cooking us breakfast. My Grandad appeared but only I could see him which made my mum not believe me even more, I was so frustrated that she couldn't see what I could. So in front of my mum and sisters I asked my Grandad to make some sort of appearance so she would believe me. When I asked him to do something he just disappeared and I got upset again but out of nowhere a screw dropped in mid air and rolled from my mums bedroom (which was all flat surface) into the hall way and then into the kitchen to my dad. To which then my mum jumped out of her skin and was screaming saying 'HE IS ACTUALLY HERE, HE IS HERE!' to also my sisters started smiling and everything seem to be so loud but happy in a couple of seconds.

Till this day my mum still apologises for not believing in me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elivia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elivia (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
babygoatpuller - It was and mainly for my Dad he needed him the most... The fact he made that appearance was amazing. Also the fact that my mum was speechless kind of made it even better lol!

Thank you guys! ❤
Elivia (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-14)
Jubeele - It was amazing experience and nope not anymore. I haven't done since I was a little girl. To be honest if it was to happen now I think I would have a break down. I suffer from anxiety and I'm also anxious so I think it would make me worse lol! Specially because I live on my own.

Thank you for making me welcome ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
Elvira, to reply separately to each comment simply type in the comment box, then click preview, then post for each one you wish to reply to. Example: Jubeele commented first, so you might wish to thank her>click preview, then click publish. Then move on to the next member you wish to reply to. It's really a lot easier then it sounds, but a bit different then a typical forum set up.
I really did enjoy this experience of yours!
Elivia (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
Hi Guys, how to I reply to each of your comments separately? Xx
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-04)
What a lovely bit of vindication! Sounds like your grandad was a character and a wonderful one at that! I'm glad you were able to interact with him this way and that he was able to do you a good turn!

My guess is that he's been looking out for you ever since ❤
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
What a wonderful memory for you. It's so reassuring to know that the people that have passed are still looking out for you. Your Mum must have been so shocked when that screw cane rolling out. Bless her for admitting to you at that young age that she was wrong and that she believed you. Too often we brush off things that children say, when they can see things best of all.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
This was a delightful read Elivia! Whether there was any significance to the screw or not, your Grandad got the message and proved to everyone that he was really there. I'm sure he stuck around just keeping an eye on everyone.

Like Jubeele, I can just imagine all the excitement going on as this all played out.

Welcome to the club! 😁
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-03)
Elivia - what a lovely experience. Does your Grandad still visit, perhaps in your dreams? I had a chuckle imagining the excited happy drama in the kitchen. Such a great memory to cherish.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Welcome to YGS. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: