You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Doppelganger Cats?

Real Ghost Stories

Doppelganger Cats?

 

This time I will tell two stories in one since they are short and related. I do not remember specific dates nor do I remember what time of year they happened, so I will just say they happened a few years ago. I know it wasn't more than 6 or 7 years ago.

One night I was laying in bed listening to music but not asleep yet. I happen to look over as I saw something with my peripheral vision. It was my cat Snowflake or so I thought standing on the edge of my bed. I thought it strange I didn't feel her jump up.

I just stared at her because I felt something was off about her. Then I noticed that her front paws were on the bed but her back ones were not. (and no there was not a table where she could have been on. I had a table net to my bed but further down) Yet her back legs were level with her front ones. I just stared at her then she slowly faded away.

Now I know I was awake as I did what I always do when I have a paranormal encounter while in bed. I pinched myself. Snowflake is not with us anymore, but she was alive when I had this experience.

This next story I was also laying in bed. This time I was facing the wall that my bed was against. I rolled over and saw my cat Astarte sitting on my nightstand. When I looked more closely at her, I saw that her face was contorted and her paw was reached out like she was having a seizure or something.

This creeped me out and I went to kind of swat her gently to get her to snap out of it. When I did she faded away. Now again I know I was awake as I pinched myself this time too. Astarte is still alive and well.

These two incidents happened no more than a year between each other. Not really sure what they were. Doppelganger cats? Shape shifting entity? I do know that we have ghost cats in this house or something that mimics a cat. We often will see cats in the corner of our eyes or feel one brush against us when there are none nearby. Now it wouldn't surprise me that we have ghost cats as we have had so many cats over the years.

It would be nice to see what y'all's thoughts are on this. I thank all of you that read my first story as well as this one. There will be more to come.

Other hauntings by Nightwish13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightwish13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
I read a good way of knowing when your asleep is to create something you know is not real and train your brain to put it in every dream you have, for example having more fingers then you should.

This is easier then it sounds just constantly think of having more fingers then you should in your dream or what ever you want. Mines a fictional character.

If I see them then i'm dreaming. Eventually (hopefully) if you keep the exercise up it should start to work. Hope that helps.

Your probably already doing it with the pinching.:)
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
I've never experienced this, but the theory of a random imprint of paths they generally take sounds reasonable. Alternately, even if you did the things you generally do (like pinching yourself) to determine whether something might be a dream isn't foolproof. There's a dream I have on occasion... Not often, but often enough that I'd classify it as recurring (maybe once a year or so in the past six or seven years). It always really bothers me as I am dreaming it, and every time I go through all sorts of things within the dream which convince me that THIS time it is actually true. But every time, I awaken to the knowledge (because in this case it's something verifiable as opposed to a phantom cat presence) that it was just another iteration of what MIGHT happen someday.

Not that these things are really at all related except to show that pinching yourself in a dream might just mean that you dreamed of pinching yourself.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
pickabiggerweapon: yes it definitely made me wonder. I wouldn't of been so surprised if they were cats that had passed on before the experience. But while they are still alive is definitely odd. And yes I think that too. After all if our human loved ones can come back to visit us why not our animal loved ones.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
sushantkar: yes I definitely didn't confuse which cat was which... Also I wasn't saying they were doppelganger cats was just saying it's something they could have been.

Elnoraemily: my cats rarely got on my nightstand so that one was out. And as for the first one yes they sometimes used to get on my bed but they wouldn't just stand there. Besides I haven't seen anything that clear before or since those two experiences dealing with the cats. I'm not necesarily dismissing your viewpoint. I'm just saying that if it was the energy imprint I would see it a lot more often just as clearly.

GypsysHeart: at least I'm not the only one. Lol. And it is annoying when you see them at the corner of your eyes and everything because you never know if it's just your eyes playing tricks or something really there.
pickabiggerweapon (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Very interesting! I've had so many cats over the years, but I've never had these experiences with cats that were alive. After my cat Pumpkin passed about 8 years ago I would often feel her paws climbing on my bed and settling down when there was nothing there. I think we tend to love our animals so much they might even be drawn back to us after they pass.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
I've been having a similar experience lately with my kitten, Lilly. I will feel her rubbing against my leg or see her walk across the room then once I look again she's gone. Then I'll look beside me and she's been right there cuddled in a blanket. It's odd.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I don't see how you could have confused the cats, since they faded away.

My theory would be that what you were seeing was just a random energy imprint left over from paths they normally take.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I have never ever heard about Doppelganger of animals. In our culture, cats are associated with ghosts or evil things. If think opposite, cats some times looks similar to others; so you might have been confused.

Regards
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
oh that is a little odd. I am not too familiar with animal spirits, messages, etc. When it comes to terms of the paranormal but I am interested as far as what other people have to say!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: