You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Noises, Shaking, Flying Stuff, And Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Noises, Shaking, Flying Stuff, And Shadows

 

Greetings Your Ghost Stories readers.

Before we get into this I'll just let you know I'm not the best with punctuation although I'll try my absolute hardest so please bear with me.

Other than these experiences I haven't had any other major dealings with the paranormal.

So let's get into it. For years on end I have heard a muffled tapping noise from inside the walls of my bedroom. It's sort of like the noise a cat makes when it scratches itself. (For those of you who don't own a cat a cross between a tapping and a shuffling sound would be the best way to describe it) I can never hear it in other rooms or outside so I know it's not something causing it there. It also tends to jump from wall to wall or in other words stops and starts again in another wall. It's been there for so long that I don't think anything of it when I hear it.

However since last year more things have been happening. The weird thing is they are only experienced at night and in my bedroom. The first thing I noticed was the noise increased both in intensity and volume and occurred more frequently. I also began to constantly experience sleep paralysis which I'd never experienced before although I don't know if it's related. The other events are in no order since I can't remember which happened first.

There would be times when things would randomly fly off my desk and dresser. The scariest time was once when the bag which I keep my mailer collection in (OK let's just put it out there, I collect mailers from my favorite supermarket chain. We all have weird things about us) fell down off the hook I keep it on which really scared me because you have to physically pick up the bag to get it off the hook. There is no way it can just fly off and it couldn't have been the wind blowing it because there is like 5 kilograms (11 pounds) of mailers in that bag and I don't think wind can blow things weighing that much unless it's like a tornado or something. (which there certainly wasn't)

Also often my bed will start to shake then stop as suddenly as it started then start then stop again and once I saw the shadow of a sideways face on one of my walls although this only happened on that one occasion. Sometimes I'll see a silhouette/shadow of a person standing in font of my door if I wake up in the middle of the night and I have my light off but leave the hallway light (which is right next to my room) on. On the first occasion I called out thinking it was one of my parents checking on me. There was no answer and the silhouette/shadow vanished. I then went to my parents room and they were asleep. I then went to see if it was my brother but he was asleep too. This really scared me because I thought it was a burglar although in my short search of the house, I couldn't find any evidence of a break in.

I get so freaked out whenever I see these shadow/silhouettes that I now always turn off the hallway light before going to bed.

Just last night I saw a small red light (kind of like the the light on some appliances that show they're on) on my wall but when I got up to investigate it went out. There is no appliances or anything that can light up on or anywhere near the wall.

I've never felt threatened by this presence just scared because I don't know what it is.

If someone could please help me out or give me advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tawa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-19)
all I can say is wow. Have you had anymore activity since then
tawa (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Hi Buthaya, I could also try getting a cleansing. It is the same for me it just dissapears when I look directly at it.
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
tawa,
I used to see a shadow person in my house too. All it did was standing few feet away from me and watch me. It was a really creepy experience because I saw him day and night. He moves so fast if it notice I saw him. I always kept him on my sights as long as I can from the corners of my eyes. I did many things to stop seeing this thing but only a cleansing worked for me.
tawa (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Hi Terranigma, Smudging with white sage could be worth a go. It would make sense the face they feed off negative emotions as when I see them is usually when I've been feeling down or upset. Sam222, I too wonder what it is and why they want to stand outside bedroom doors? It's real puzzling.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Tawa,
Holy cow! You are like the third person I've read a story by that also sees a shadow outside the bedroom door. I see that too. I wonder why they like to stand outside bedroom doors. And yes, what is it? Well, I just call them shadow people.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
It sounds like a shadow person or people. All I know is they are said to feed off negative emotions. They don't like light or positive things. I've heard a smudging with white sage works, although I've not tried this personally.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: