You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disembodied Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Disembodied Voices

 

I didn't have any ghostly visit for a very long time and I was beginning to think that maybe I'm not the one haunted and I have just been sensitive enough to experience whatever I have experienced in the past. After I came to this site, I researched somethings about the paranormal and kind of made peace with the "The Other Side". But it all sort of came crashing down yesterday.

Well day before yesterday, I was in my apartment and in the morning around 6 a.m. IST, my boyfriend came over from Kazakhstan. He was tired after 17 hours of journey, so he right away went for the bath. And being really cold that day, I again went back to my bed and fell asleep.

I was awoken to a pat and then a kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw no one and the moisture of the kiss was still there on my forehead. I thought it might have been my boyfriend and just as I was about to yell and ask him to make coffee, he yelled out my name from the bathroom asking me to stop kidding and open the bathroom door. I jumped out of the bed and saw the bathroom door lock was unlocked and yet he was struggling from inside to open it. So I just pushed the door and it opened easily to my boyfriend's surprise. He was really, really surprised as he told me that the door just wouldn't budge, no matter how much he pulled it.

I joked off this incident thinking he lost his strength. But it was in my mind as I knew the pat and kiss felt very very real rather than a sleep paralysis dream or anything.

This was the first incident of that day which we later concluded to be "paranormal", if I wasn't going crazy.

Second incident happened when I was out with him to the famous locations in the city. We were at a Buddhist monastery and he was talking to the head monk of the Gompa (Buddhist temple) inside the temple and I was sitting outside and admiring the Tibetan buildings, a young monk boy came and stood next to me staring. I started talking to him and he kept looking behind me, then he held my hand and pulled me inside the temple. I was kind of hesitant to go inside (I have always been hesitant, never known why!) but he looked at me and said, "Just... Come. Come." He pulled me until where the head monk was standing and then looked at the entrance of the temple. Then he went running to the other monks in the other room of the temple and got me a red thread with 8 knots in it and said it was a charm for me as gift.

We came back and my boyfriend went to get some snacks and I went straight to my apartment. When I entered, I reached for water pitcher on the dining table and as soon as I poured water in the glass, I heard a distinct "Go!" and it appeared to have come from my bedroom. It was an angry harsh voice but couldn't understand whether it was that of a man or a woman. I jumped and ran towards the front door when I dashed into my boyfriend and asked him to check out the room. He thought I was being paranoid for no reason.

Then later at night we both were watching re-runs of the show "Supernatural" and he joked about me hearing disembodied voices, flickering lights, scratches and just then we both heard a faint laughter of a woman. We both were stunned and at this moment he rewound the DVD to see whether the laughter was in the show but it wasn't. Then minutes after that, we were discussing about ghosts and we again heard someone humming (I think it might have been the old Cantonese song "Tears of Love"). This freaked me out and I asked him to stop speaking nonsense and just watch the show.

And then, when we were getting ready to sleep, he suggested that maybe we kept salt near us so as to protect against the ghosts and I told him to do whatever. And at this point, he went to the kitchen and when he came back, he jumped onto the bed. I yelled at him for that as he took me by surprise, and just then he said that he saw something in the kitchen. Though the kitchen was pitch dark but he saw a shape of a man sitting on the kitchen platform. He switched on the lights and the shape seemed to disappear. He took the rock salt from the shelf and while switching it off again, looked at the same place where the shape was supposed to be (he thought maybe he mistook some shadow) but the shape or shadow wasn't there. Then he realized that something is definitely wrong.

Then he said that he is going to recite some Buddhist prayers for us and at that time I took the salt and threw it on the blanket and room (That's what Winchesters do (Supernatural shows heroes)). During this time while I was throwing salt, I heard a faint whisper "Don't". I interrupted my boyfriend, and then we both heard a distinct harsh "NO".

And that moment, I just prayed and while praying I fell asleep. Nothing has happened since that day except that I think I might have been poked by thin air. And I guess something or someone is angry in my apartment and I am scared.

Other hauntings by AngeLeeS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngeLeeS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
Hey, Thanks for your suggestions. I had gone for a trip to my hometown after meeting the Buddhist Monk and my grandma and mother revealed a lot of things which has made my life a little better (at least in the area of supernatural). I have submitted my experience. Do read it as it explains much of the stuff. 😁
Classicvintagechic (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
AngeLees, while reading your story, it made me remember a similar experience from a very good friend of mine. She and her boyfriend had encountered such experiences that it came to a point where they could smell sulpher in the apartment but couldn't really find any logical explanation where it came from since the apartment was surrounded by huge trees.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
OMGosh Khizie, spoiler alert please! I'm only on Season 6 now. D:

Ahem, anyway, AngeLeeS, I agree with the others about the salt thing. Also, I'd love to know what the head monk has to say. Might you also ask that little boy why he brought you inside that day? What a precious gift. I'd hang it above my door and cherish it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
Hi AngeLeeS, where did your experience take place in India? Just would like to know. Also I am also interested in knowing what the Head Monk says to you, well if it could be disclosed. As far as the encounter is concerned, I feel that you have to cleanse the house. Rookdygin has an excellent cleansing method, which he has posted in his profile. Please do make use of it. It helps. But you and your boy friend should do it continuously for a few days.

Keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
That movie is beyond fantastic in ways that I cannot even put into words!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Before I read the story...
Holmes & Emily, I can't help but make an uninvited drop into your discussion about the parallels in Christianity and Buddhism;
Have you guys watched the movie "The Man From Earth"?
There is a clear reference made about this same stuff, and it is a bliss to watch (IMHO).
Warm Regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
I have read a bit on their similarities:) it's really quite interesting:) I've always thought the world would be better if people actually followed a lot of their teachings more literally.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
elnora, Buddhism is a very interesting religion. Amazing the parallels that can be drawn across the teachings of Buddha and those of Jesus.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Thank you, Val:) I love finding new stuffs to read that can teach me something:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
AngeLeeS,
I'd be very interested in knowing what the Head Monk had to say to you, if you're willing to share.
Elnora, you might find this helpful http://www.xavier.edu/jesuitresource/online-resources/Buddhist-Prayers.cfm
I've always heard that sea salt was best to use or 'raw' salt.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Salt is supposed to be pure, which keeps evil from crossing it. Great in theory, but there is not enough evidence to really show it works great in practice. Interesting, though. You probably actually have to use pure salt as well, not bleached and processed salt that most people have in their homes now. Does sea salt work, or just rock salt?

In Buddhism and Kabbalah, red thread is a symbol of protection, unity and connection. Sort of a sweet gift to get.

A lot of what happens in the Supernatural show is not honest nor real, so be careful if you try their spells and rituals to get rid of something.

I am also a bit confused as to why you mean by Buddhist prayers? They have chants and meditation practices, but I am not aware of any actual Buddhist prayers.
KLange (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Khizie - That season finale made me cry btw. Salt, silver and certain stones represent purity and protection in some cultures. Not sure if it actually works but then again, I have never tried it.
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
[at] Khizie, [at] Miracles51031 & [at] Revajane Thanks for reading my experience. I did get my place cleansed and blessed from a Church Pastor. Strangely, yesterday after submitting my experience, I received a call from the Buddhist head monk and he asked me about any of my imaginary friends (which I have none!). He asked me to visit him once again. I hope I get some info. To help me out.
And I love Supernatural too. And I searched on internet and yeah, many cultures use salt for protection. So, I'm sticking to it for now, drew lines of salt on doors and windows. (just in case!) :)
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
I'm a fan as supernatural as well... But really, salt does the trick of keeping ghosts at bay though... Too bad dean is vulnerable to salt too since he is a demon now: (
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
AngeLeeS - I'd like to add to what Revajane has said. I also watch Supernatural (love it LOL); however, it is just that... A TV show. And the Winchesters, like many other people not on TV, do use salt as protection. However, I think that is where I would draw the line when doing what the Winchesters do. I would hate to think anyone would dig up a body and burn the bones, or some of the other scenarios seen on the show.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
I think you should do a cleanse and even more prayers to help. Rook has one on his page that I have used.
Now just an FYI about the Winchesters and salt: If you will notice they actually usually place it along window sills, in front of doors or in a circle as a ward against the supernatural. The only time I have seen them just toss it was when they were throwing it on a body before burning it. Huge fan of the show myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: