You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stick It To The Man

Real Ghost Stories

Stick It To The Man

 

For those who have been following this whole ordeal, this is the same "man" that has been coming and going out of my house and my life. For those who are scratching their heads, feel free to catch up with my previous stories. The "man" has been quiet for some time now and I thought nothing of it until last night, Jan. 7, 2015.

I had a bad day at work and wanted nothing more than to come home and do nothing. I came home, ate, played MTG with my boyfriend and his friend, and then by the time it hit 10pm I was tired. So I got ready for bed and crawled into it. I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep and at first everything seems fine. My boyfriend's mother is sound asleep in the next room while my boyfriend, his brother, and their friends are in the basement. The only bathrooms I do have are upstairs; however, if the guys need to use it, they just go outside. It's relevant why I told you this, no worries.

As I was saying, I was falling asleep when I heard footsteps in the hallway. I'm thinking it's one of the guys and then continue going to sleep. But the footsteps get louder and louder to the point they're coming from my room, where I am sleeping. Now it is cold outside, almost 12 degrees F. But it was even colder once the footsteps sounded like they were in my room. Now I'm in a big, thick blanket that was keeping me warm and whatever this was, was making that not even work. That bad feeling was rising up inside me, which normally let's me know it's "him" and I can't ignore it anymore. I get the courage to open my eyes and of course, no one is there. I walk out of the room and get a drink, check the thermostat, which is at 70 degrees F and hasn't changed. Should at least be comfortable correct? Nope.

I check my window and it's sealed shut; I check windows near my room, still closed. Ultimately I have decided I just need to go back to sleep. As I am trying to the footsteps come back into my room, and still no one is in my room, and the TV turns on by itself. Now this is puzzling. We have Verizon and with the TV you have to turn the TV on and then some black screen comes up that says you push the menu button to get the feed. Well the feed was on, meaning that whatever just turned the TV on pressed both buttons. Now this cold spot is coming right on my cheek and by now my eyes are sealed shut because I have this feeling that it's going to be right in front of me and I am going to die. [Not really die but you know, I can be a scardy cat.]

Some minutes pass and finally I open my eyes and no one is there, again. I told myself that I just need to sleep and everything will be ok. My plan starts working and after awhile I am in that state where you're falling sleep and you're so close to being asleep but you're not there yet. While in that state I hear the "man" yell in my ear "HEY!" Of course this jolted me awake and I looked to see who was there, no one. I walk downstairs and asked if anyone just yelled and they said no. I wouldn't have heard them regardless but I still wanted to be sure. I told the "man" to knock it off and then it stopped for the night. Really? When I am trying to sleep you need my attention?

Other hauntings by ifihadyoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ifihadyoux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Oh your welcome, I like reading stories and this one here was the last one I've read by you (a while ago), and I'm interested in remain your next one.
I can't beilieve you can't get it through maybe its just bad luck (I hope not) If you haven't already, try it one another computer, if that don't work, I don't know. Sometimes I his problem just getting on to this website, it says something about like an error I think, and something about "host gator" and there's a Big purple alligator standing next to the words. But anyway I don't know, hopefuls you be able to fet it on soon.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Sam- no. I can't get it through for some reason. I've tried about everything. Thanks for asking.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Ifi what happened to that story you said you were trying to submit? Do you eventually get it to go through?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
OK I emailed you both in one email. I'll repost my email to my profile in case people need it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
LOL somewhere that we can correspond that won't get you into trouble.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
LOL My work is making me want to bang my head, not this website. The ads keep coming in late and it's due and I'm sitting here all "YOU COULD HAVE TURNED THIS IN TWO DAYS AGO BUT NO YOU HAVE TO BE LATE" Yeah what I'm dealing with. YGS is a breeze ha!

And sure if you're email is on your profiles o_0 WAIT WHAT KIND OF EMAIL? My personal one? O-o
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
ifi - if you have a minute, can you send either me or BJJ an email? 😊 Oh, and while you're getting that cushion, you might want to pick up some very strong medication 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Congrats if! The first thing you need to do is invest in a nice, thick cushion for the top of your desk. You'll spend a good bit of time smacking your head on it lol. 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Before I go on with my replies I just wanted to say I had reached my daily comment limit on Friday and was secretly agreeing with you all. Wahh.

Valk- Ou yeah true, I've heard of the hawian one and the om. I don't know about the words but they're nice to say when I am angry and want to punch things or people. Thank you!

Elnora- yeah she was, glad she is gone because she was irritating. No matter what I said she just wouldn't accept advice.

Trisk- yes I actually am Wiccan and am familiar with the white/black candle practices. I've been using a white candle recently and the ohm and it is nice and relaxing. I've just been really sick the past few days and haven't felt like doing anything except clean ha. Thanks for the meditation tip, will try!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
*muses* I think this chicken dance idea has merit.

Also, you guys have me cracking up over here. Good grief this website is a roller coaster sometimes. Crying at one story one minute, laughing at a thread the next.

When I want to clear my mind, I do mathematical progressions. Or I count from one to one hundred with each number on an outward breath, visualizing the numbers in Japanese kanji and mentally verbalizing them in Spanish. (Counting regularly doesn't work for me anymore.) Sometimes I just close my eyes and look at the crazy colors which seem to appear, those colors eventually turn into shapes, and eventually I see interesting things and my mind starts telling a story which allows me to fall asleep.

My meditation process: Count from 1-10, each number per exhale, until I cannot feel my body any longer. Visualize a dark line tying my tailbone to the center of the earth. Then imagine a white line from the sky coming down through my head, flowing through my arms back to my torso, down through my legs, and up through my toes back to the sky. Then I allow what happens to happen. I used to find myself in very interesting places. But I do not recommend taking a divination potion before doing this... That's a teenage mistake I never repeated.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
ifihadyoux, I have allergies to fragrances, as well. There are cleansing methods which involve white candles. You could find an unscented, basic white wax candle, and get in touch with a spiritual adviser who is familiar with cleansing methods that involve simple white candles. There is also such things as black candle cleansings. I've only ever done one white candle cleansing in my life. It was effective, but sadly I do not recall the exact chant, though the process involved burying the candle in the ground. (Wiccan method, and I found it effective.) I suggest finding a spiritual adviser who is experienced with white or black candle cleansings. And if the adviser happens to be Catholic, make it very clear that you cannot use any fragranced votives.

I'm still reading through the two whole pages of comments (!) so I may add another soon after this one.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
She was unstable, to say the very least on that matter. I am very happy she is gone. Stability may now resume!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Yeah, the rant was deleted. I don't much care if someone chooses to vent (within reason) in the comments of their own story, but doing it on someone else's story? Nope.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Oh you Silly val, your replies are never, ever wastes of space:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Geeze 😆 This is what happens when the roommate interrupts while you're typing up a post; by the time you submit 2 others have answered! Sorry for the wasted space, elnora.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
elnora,
Not sure if she was banned or not. I know she wrote some vent on another's story, and BJJ told her it was bad form, but the 'venting' post was gone, and I'm thinking deleted. Then she made a couple of posts as 'guest', so I think she left. Going like she was, I doubt banning was too far off anyway.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
I missed her rant, too. I just saw her story comments from hell...
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Either way, thank god. She was horrid. Just horrid.

Words words words
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
elnora - I missed what she said in her rant, but I'm confident she left of her own. Previous members' profiles who have been suspended or banned are still accessible.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Nah, she canceled her account.
Um, gotta get to 50 characters, so random words!
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Please, someone, tell me that Angel was banned. I saw her account was inactive and since I have never seen someone lie and insult so much in a single comment thread, I am hoping that means she was banned...
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
elnora, thank you, and I'd be honored if you did. I came up with it when I realized that I was permitting the negativity of others, and situations to affect my own outlook on things. I maybe imagining it, but things have seemed much better since I've started using it.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
" Negativity may flow around me, over me, and even under me, but it cannot touch me." I like that. That's quite wonderful. I may use that.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+6
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
A tad bit late, but for meditation many use a mantra.
It keeps your brain busy and helps shut it up. Plus you can do it anywhere and even silently to help calm you.
A few of the 'old' mantras are:
"Aum" - an oldie but a goodie, you really can't mess this one up too badly. The "Om" is the sacred sound of Hinduism and is said to mean, variously: It Is, Will Be or To Become.
"Om Mani Padme Hum" - this one's from Tibet and it means, roughly, "Hail the Jewel in the Lotus." The jewel in this case is the Buddha of Compassion.
"Namo AmitaBha" - Homage to the Buddha of boundless light.
"I am that I am" - This is one of the Hebrew Torah's most famous lines, and it was God's answer to Moses when Moses asked for his name.
"Ham-Sah" - The Hindu variant, meaning I am THAT.
"I love you, I'm sorry, Please forgive me, Thank You" - Ho'oponopono (Hawaiian) Mantra.

More modern one's are:
"Love is the only miracle there is." - Osho
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Laura Silva
"I change my thoughts, I change my world." - Norman Vincent Peale

Personally, I use: Negativity may flow around me, over me, and even under me, but it cannot touch me.

And for the record: I'm Taurus, and that's no bull. 😆
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I couldn't even -read- BJJ's original without messing it up. My mind kept wanting to throw in crunchy and when I tried it, my tongue took a hike. Lol
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
LOL! I didn't even get far at all with the tongue twister... Went a little something like this... "throw crunchy in with the crusty croutons!" - The entire day I've had this stupid smile on my face, starring at the screen.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I would never be patient enough to mod. I considered asking once and then decided that I am better off just doing this for pure enjoyment.

Responsibilities are for real adults.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I tried the tongue twister, Goat, but I got to the second crouton and failed: (
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Throw crusty in with crunchy, cussing croutons and try to say that fast 3 times! 😆
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
ifihadyoux- But then you would have to put up with folks like me! LOLOLO

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: