You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Have A New Friend?

Real Ghost Stories

I Have A New Friend?

 

This story won't be very long because there isn't much to tell but it was a pretty clear encounter that I might be dealing with more than I think I am dealing with. Allow me to explain. Those who have been reading my stories know that there is a man who likes to say hey and never make me breakfast. When I try to get other words out of this man he never responds so all I can go by is his greetings. He's never violent and I don't know what to think of him.

My old friend hasn't been around in a while and I have not heard from him. I have yet to do a cleansing of the house because it has just been so busy but nothing has happened since my last story from him. However, about a month ago now when I was laying in bed and trying to go to sleep, I heard a woman's voice clear as day whisper in my ear. The weird thing about this is I was laying on my side and she whispered in the ear that was covered by my pillow. My boyfriend was watching television next to me and he said he didn't hear anything but had asked me what it said. It sounded like gibberish, but if I had to repeat it, it would sound like "Neh-shoe-ma". I don't know if this is even a word in any language so if someone does know, please let me know as well.

I looked around my room and so is my boyfriend; we're checkering under the beds, outside, the dog, and everything we could think of that would have made that noise and we found nothing. The television was on but it was Family Guy and it wasn't making that type of word. Also our computers and phones were not being used and/or off. No music was playing either. Perhaps my friend has a new friend or I attracted something or someone else? What do you all think?

UPDATE: Since I have been having trouble submitting the story, I just wanted to say that ever since then I have not been seeing anything but just hearing things. Like last night I was working on my new business and no one was in my boyfriend's brother's room and there were footsteps walking about inside the room. The door was open and the lights were off, it was night time, and I could physically see no one in the room. He didn't say hello but it made me wonder.

Other hauntings by ifihadyoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ifihadyoux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
Hey Elnora!
Sorry I haven't responded in almost a month, hope all is well with you and the wedding you're a part of. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Ifi, are you still here?

Word. Words. Wording. Wordiest. Most words.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
thank you both for your explanations! I feel blessed knowing this information and that many of you are helping me out:]
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
ifi:
The Head of the Hebrew Language Department (called "Ivrit" in Hebrew) tells me that both of Valkicry's definitions are correct. However, the standard form of a noun such as this one is derived from 3 etymological roots; in this case, the first 2 syllables are the verb which means "to breathe."
I thought that this was pretty cool, as Respiration, Inspiration, Spirit, and Expiration are etymologically connected in English, too.
If the phenomenon is repeated, "Shalom" is hello in Hebrew, and "Nachon" (Na-khon) is a word meaning something like "I hear you" or "just as you say."
Hope these help.
-Biblio.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello:
"Neshuma" is the Ashkenazi pronunciation of the Hebrew word נשמה, which means "soul".
Yiddish texts show the pronunciation as "neshumah".
Http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1535440
It makes sense that; if spoken softly to you, that it would be used as an endearment like Val suggested. Perhaps you have a female Ashkenazi ancestor? If not, maybe it was someone that lived in your residence before you. She just as likely could be a spirit guide, a female spirit that you might have attracted along the way, or simply someone that likes you from spirit.
It also sounds a lot like a Native American tongue, but I haven't had time to search.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
valk; I would have to agree that that is pretty out there haha! But yes, a blessing indeed!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
ifi,
One possibility that has risen in my mind (and it's pretty far out there) is MAYBE this is someone in relation to your male. Basically you know nothing about your 'friend' right? Not even when he passed on? Well, let's say that he left early enough in life that his love was left behind. Perhaps she has finally joined him... I warned you it was pretty out there. But the idea that we rejoin our loved ones has been around for a very long time.
Then again, perhaps you only picked up a word, spoken at another point in time wafting on the astral air... Yet, if neshama is the word you heard, then what a wondrous gift to be bestowed on you! A word of love. 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
valk and biblo; yeah that's pretty much what I heard but a woman was saying it. Which I find odd because there's a male in the house and I was not aware of any female. Makes me wonder.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Ifi:
My first thought was the same as Valkricry's more detailed definition. However, I'll still check with the Hebrew Language department at work to see if there are any potential homophones or obscure meanings. If I don't post anything else, stick with Val's explanation.
Best,
-Biblio.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-09)
ifi,
I wonder if what you heard was Neshama -- [neh-sha-mah] Hebrew for soul; it's also used as an endearment like darling but more so; like saying 'you are as important to me as my soul.'
I thought audio might help so I found this: https://www.howtopronounce.com/neshama/
I think the third sound bite closest to as I've heard it. Is that near what you heard?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: