You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What Is Happening?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is Happening?

 

For the past few weeks I have been seeing shadows out of the corners of my eye and tried to write it off as something that my mind is making up so I don't psych myself out. However what happened last night left me scared and it makes me more than happy I am leaving to another state for a week. Please give me advice on what this could be because I don't want to be scared of a home that I have no choice but to stay in at the moment.

At this moment I am living with my boyfriend, his mother, and his brother. They were very kind to me because I was being kicked out of my aunt's house and had nowhere to go. They let me live there and I've been there since Dec. 22, 2013. Since moving in I noticed shadows all the time; however, I keep that to myself because his mother would flip out if I start mentioning spooky stuff.

One morning my boyfriend and I woke up and his mother was telling me when she was sleeping, she felt a hand grab her foot, hard, and it was so hard she moved a little and then woke up. She said she looked around to see if it was the dog, who is a small-medium sized shih tzu-poodle and sleeping soundly next to her in the bed, next to her head. He has three dog tags on his collar so she would have heard his collar if he moved away and pretended to fall asleep. Plus, he's not that clever to pretend to sleep. He'd be all over her if he knew she was awake.

Another night my boyfriend went out with his friends and I stayed home because I had work early the next day. Our bed is right next to a desk, which holds an old CD/radio player, his computer, and our phones with chargers. I was playing on my phone before bed, trying to relax, and all of the sudden his CD player randomly turns on. I blinked and sat up, looking at it to try to figure out how the hell it turned on. In my 3 years of knowing him, he never used that thing. It was never on. But the blue light glowed brightly and I unplugged it. I went back to sleep but I had a feeling something was in the room. Like I said, I tried to keep it to myself but was freaked out.

Now what happened last night, Oct 30, 2014, creeped me out. I just came home from the gym. I am trying to keep myself in shape because I've been having health issues. I walked into the bathroom to take a shower and as I undo my hair, I was looking myself in the mirror. You know when you do those poses and goof off with your crazy hair? Yeah, those. All of the sudden the shower curtain punches out and comes pretty close to touching me. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around, immediately opened the shower to see if the dog was in there, but he wasn't. The shower wasn't even on, the window and door were closed, there are no vents in the bathroom, and nothing fell in the shower. It honestly looked like someone was in the shower and the curtain got too close to the person and it got annoyed and punched it away from them. I use this example because it happens to me in the shower. It wasn't like a gust of wind, it was a punch or a shove.

What do you think? I am trying not to be scared of the place but I don't want it to escalate into something worse. If it's touching people and punching curtains, it could turn harmful. I haven't tried communicating with it, though I used to be a ghost hunter and know how to. I follow a rule: never investigate your own home. Should I do a house cleansing?

Other hauntings by ifihadyoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ifihadyoux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Eh I don't think it's a poltergeist and I didn't have a falling out with my aunt. She needed my room in order to take care of my grandmother who has stage 5 parkinson's disease. But kicking me out led me with no where to go. Kinda fkd up if you ask me but it wasn't because she didn't love me.
Anyway, no I don't think it's that. I have updated stories if you haven't read those yet and you'll see why I believe that.
Thanks for your comment though!
TuBZ (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
ifihadyoux I enjoyed reading your story. But from what i've gathered, I wod definitely do a cleansing and I may be reaching a bit with this as it's a total guess just from what i've gathered from the story, but I think you may have a Poltergeist living with you. This 'Poltergeist' probably appeared out of nowhere because of the negative energy coming from you been as you've fallen out with your Aunt. But hey ho ifihadyoux, chin up and stay strong. This is just a theory.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Nightwish- yeah definitely. Rational people can be so irritating;[ haha. But yes I will look into it and if anything else happens, I will let you know.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
yeah those damn rational people... Lol. I'm rational to a point but if there is no normal reason then its time to look into it more... Granted I live with spirits who are quiet for the most part... Occasionally theyll let us know theyre still here... Anyways though it doesn't sound residual the footsteps maybe but if its touching people and things... Most likely not... Also cleansings can cross them over IF they want to... Which is why I suggest finding out more. Maybe have someone else come in to investigate? Just a suggestion. You shouldnt be scared unless you feel threatened. And you don't seem to feel threatened...
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
nightwish- [btw love the name] I have asked my boyfriend about his experiences but he is super into debunking every little thing and coming up with a solution that he doesn't see where I am coming from. He believes that I believe I saw these things but hasn't said anything more. He's a huge skeptic. So as far as me finding out if he's experienced anything, if he has he won't admit it. I can ask his mother though.
As far as any more activity, it's only been the occasional footsteps. I don't think it's a residual haunting because the house is from the 60s. Then again it could be, I don't know much history about the house.
Agreed that it isn't harmful but it can always turn to be. I feel like I can be an expert on other people's situations but when it comes to my own I become a dunce. No need to apologize for the rambling, I get it! Haha.
And the only reason I asked about the cleansing is because I was told a cleansing helps those who want to crossover to crossover. As in they are trapped and they need help. I never know cleansing didn't always include that, so thank you for telling me that and I will look more into it.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Hello, ok a few things here. Have you asked your boyfriend if he has experienced anything in the house? And if so were his experiences before you moved in or only since you've been there? Also I may be the oddball here but I don't think a cleansing is the best idea. At least not yet. Because like you have said it has not been harmful in any way. And has just been seeking attention from the sounds of it. Even if it is a negative entity hiding behind the guise of a harmless spirit just looking for attention like some do. It still would be a bad idea. Doing a cleansing may only make it angry. It could be a former tenant or something. And that would make it angry because you would be trying to evict it in a sense. Wouldn't you get angry if you were being pushed out of your home by someone new in the house? And if it is a negative entity cleansings rarely work at first especially if you do it before knowing the true nature of this entity. I know you have that rule of not investigating where you live. At least acknowledge it. Talk to it say that you are aware it is there and that you are not there to harm them and have no problem co existing there with it. As long as it doesn't harm you or scare you. If things take a more negative turn after this and you feel the atmosphere of the house has darkened then yes you may want to do the cleansing. But remember cleansings only work on negative energies. Unless you do a crossing over ceremony as well. But again I just think doing the cleansing before knowing anything about the entity is a bad idea. Because like I said before it may get angry that you are trying to get rid of it from its house if it used to live there. (sorry for the long comment I tend to ramble when it involves the paranormal.) good luck and keep us informed as to how you go about dealing with it.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It hasn't done anything harmful so I believe a house cleansing would be best.
And valkricry, the only reason I say that is because I have mentioned that we have a ghost and she told me to stop speaking about "stupid stuff".
I'm just looking to see if people think this is my imagination and everyone has been imagining things or if you believe there is something there.
Thanks again.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
Hi ifihadyoux 😕

I wish you and your boyfriend's family good luck and hope that you can do something about the entity.

Regards
Spookie1
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
I find it odd that you feel his mother would flip out if you start mentioning 'spooky stuff', but then told you about a hand grabbing her foot. (People are so weird sometimes.)
A house cleansing would not be a bad idea.
LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-08)
Hello ifihadyoux,
Welcome to YGS. First of all, as you have mentioned that you are staying with them since Dec. 2013, then since when your boyfriend and his family are living in that place? Try to find out about any past history about the house and if the encounters are occurring frequently then its better to get done the House-cleansing!
Wish you and your family a very good luck!
REGARDS!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: