You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hello Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Hello Woods

 

I am here to share a short encounter of what happened since Halloween night. This might sound confusing so please bear with me. I am a "coming home" Wiccan, meaning I am new to the religion. Long story as to why I changed but I won't get into that. I met with a local coven who was having classes on the craft. To further explain this, in covens, which is nothing Satanic and nothing to be scared of or looked down on, in order to join and to be a serious member, you usually have to do a few classes and some public events, such as Samhein [oct 31] and Yule [dec 21]. Well I am in the process of doing this.

The class was held at an older members home in the middle of the woods, and when I say middle of the woods it was just a road and a whole lot of trees. Of course the first time I was going there I was terrified, especially because I was isolated but I found my way and went into the class. After having a lovely evening I bid them farewell and got into my car. I turn out of the driveway and I see a shadow in front of my car. I instantly took it as I am just imagining things because I am freaked out of the surroundings. As I continue down the road I see something run into the road and I slam on my freaking breaks so hard the ABS system light turns on. After stopping I look up and nothing is there, no one is around, just the woods. I look behind me and nothing is there, I didn't run over anything. It looked like a dog of some sort to be honest but since it was night time and my high beams can only light so much, I honestly have no idea.

Another incident, which I am sure is unrelated to the first, was the same night when I came back home and was changing into my pajamas for the evening, my hair on the left side of my face blew in front of me. The AC is not on, as it is fall/winter time now, and no one was by me. My boyfriends mom was fast asleep and my boyfriend and his brother were not home. I look around and not even the dog is awake. I was freaked out so I change and run into the room, under the covers, and try to close my eyes. Obviously wide awake I just lay there for a while and try to rest. I am not sure how long I was laying there but I hear this distinct whisper in my ear saying "Hello." I flipping freaked out and called my boyfriend, telling him to come home. I have NO explanation for the hello. I was not asleep, it was a male whisper, and the only other person with me in the house was a female. And the dog though he is male, cannot say hello.

What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by ifihadyoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ifihadyoux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Haha elnora! Same here. Work was super busy prior to Thanksgiving. Now it is kind of slowed down a bit.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
I've actually been busy at work, so my stalking abilities and ghost addictions had been put on temporary hold: (
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
HAHAH ELNORA. Geesh 😨 you scared me over there! Where have you been hiding?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
*continues to stalk ifihadyoux around the site*

Bahahahaha.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
well I appreciate it spookie very much. Nothing has happened since thankfully. Hopefully it won't for a while.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Well count me with the people who are interested 😁 And I also think the "hello" is possibly frim the ghost of your previous stories
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
no problem! I love typing out my experiences and seeing what you guys think. Especially since they are currently happening I can keep you guys in the know, at least for those who are interested.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
And by the way thanks for sharing, I like reading stuff about voices and stuff like that 😆
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I agree with BJJ, Just a critter the first time. And I can imagine that you really freaked out, I know I would haha 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Maybe it could be lonely. I'll try the next time I hear from it and see what's up. I'll acknowledge it next time:]

[at] Rita, No! The jersey devil is more south than I. I used to live in southern nj and the legends say it would be east of that. Now I live in central nj and where I was driving was more towards NY/NJ area.
RitaCMW (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Your first experience made me wonder if you were near the Pine Barrens & caught a glimpse of the "Jersey Devil." But I am pretty sure everyone else is correct & it was probably an animal. You are lucky you didn't hit it.
As for the "hello" it does sound as if something would like your attention. I agree that you might talk with it/him. If it frightens you, you could ask it politely not to scare you.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I can imagine just talking to it in a normal, talking to the air (we will pretend that's normal) kind of way. Like if you feel it there, just saying something like: "Oh hello" or "I know you are there." Maybe he/she thinks that no one can tell. Could just be lonely: (
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I believe you guys are right. It probably was just a critter in the woods and I was already freaked out because I am one of those people who freaks out in the middle of nowhere as well as a big city. Only time I am calm is places I am familiar with or rural areas.
As for the ghost, I don't know if I should talk to it or not.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Hi Ifihadyoux,

High five for the Wicca-is-not-Satanic part:P

I do think that the first experience could have been an animal that managed to get into the darkness before you could see where it went.

I agree with Bjj, be careful driving in rural areas at night. There are lots of critters that come wandering out.

The second one, as BJJ says, definitely sounds like someone wants you attention. It doesn't seem to be mean or want to cause you any harm.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
I think the first experience was just an animal of some type. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, woods all around. Dogs, coyotes, you name it, it was running across the roads. Being that it was your first trip out to that house and area, I think maybe you were nervous (understandably so) and reacted a little more strongly than you might have during the day or if you were more familiar with the area. I don't know how much time you've spent in the sticks, but always keep an extra close watch on country roads at night. No one wants to hit a cute little bunny, but hitting something big can really mangle a car and injure you.
The second experience sounds like someone trying hard to get your attention. Is this the same house you mentioned before? It could be that whatever is there is trying a more direct approach. Sometimes when an entity feels ignored, they start ramping up their attempts to be noticed until they get extremely annoying. As long as they aren't doing anything harmful, I usually just talk to them a little. Seems to appease them, and make them less inclined to do really annoying things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: