You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mean Spirit Or Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Mean Spirit Or Demon?

 

Just a little bit of background before I begin. This is my first time submitting a story on here so please keep it nice and professional. I will welcome all opinions and suggestions but nothing negative. This takes place between the years of 2008 - 2011. I am mashing up everything in the house into one story and will be glad to go into more detail if desired.

We had just moved from Florida to Virginia in a new house that no one had lived in before. The only owner before us had been finishing up the house when he just suddenly left. Which I didn't find weird until recently. Anyway, I always felt like someone was watching me in the house, whether it was downstairs, in my room, outside the house, day or night, didn't matter. My mom ran an in-home daycare during the day so I didn't spend much time inside the house because it was always noisy. When I was home, it just felt weird. I never liked being alone in the house.

Fast forward to when activity started. One day in the springtime, I was walking out of my room and looked up, the attic door was open. No one went in the attic; there was literally nothing in the attic. We stored everything in the garage so we didn't feel the need to go up there. I told my mom and she came up with the conclusion that the draft had blown it off. I didn't believe it but just accepted the story at the time because I couldn't come up with another explanation.

After that, I started hearing footsteps in the hallway. Not loud enough to be my stepdad but not soft enough to be my 11 year old brother. This started to freak me out because I would constantly look in the hall and no one would be there, no one would be in the bathroom, and no one would be awake. After a while I stopped checking and began sleeping with my iPod on.

After another year my mom decided to join a paranormal investigation team and then more trouble started. I started hearing more footsteps and children laughing. I did have four younger siblings living with me but they would always be asleep. After a while I told my mother what I was experiencing and she just brushed it off. It wasn't happening in her home.

After a while I moved out for a few months and then moved back in to save money to move to New Jersey. They gave my old room to my other sibling so I slept on the floor on an air mattress in my two younger siblings room. One night, I was feeling scared. I tried to brush it off as me being paranoid but it didn't go away. Eventually I fell asleep and the scariest moment of my life happened.

I was having a horrible dream. All I remember about it is that I was walking down a flight of really dark stairs and out of nowhere a small red and black demon came and tied me up with authentic rope, rolling me up and down like a yo-yo and squeezing the rope so tightly around my stomach that I could have popped. I tried waking myself up in my dream state but couldn't. I don't know how long I was dreaming but when I finally woke up, I sat up in bed horrified. I tried not to wake up my sisters but it was hard. They didn't, thankfully, but then I fell asleep. In the morning I went to us the bathroom and felt pain on my sides. I pulled up my shirt and saw rope marks and bruises on my sides, just like if I had literally experienced the dream. Thankfully I never experienced anything like that again but to this day it freaks me out.

I am submitting this story to see if anyone has any thoughts of what happened to me? Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by ifihadyoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ifihadyoux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
That is horrifying to me... I had something happen to me once along those lines. I was standing beside my bed folding laundry, my feet were under the bed. I suddenly felt what felt like something grab my ankle so I jerked my foot back. I looked under the bed but saw nothing. Later that night my daughter asked me what happened to my ankle. I looked down and there were bruises in the shape of fingers around my ankle. No pain... But bruises for sure.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
nightwish - I am beginning to believe it was just a dream but it has scarred me to the point where I have had a really really bad fear of demons. I still am scared of them but not as much as I used to be. Meh.
Thanks for your input!
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
i agree the dream could have been just a very vivid dream and maybe the rope marks could have been you pulling your shirt or covers really tight around yourself non intentional ofcourse while the nightmare was taking place... I also agree that your mom very easily could have had things follow her home. As for why spirits would be in a new house... They could be attached to the previous place that was there... That was weird about the original owner just leaving. He probably had experiences too.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Thank you guys for reading my story and sharing your feedback. I highly appreciate it and have considered both scenarios.

Elnoraemily- They weren't scratch marks, it was like rope burn. Or rug burn. If that makes any sense. But you're right, I could have done that. I honestly don't know. I am at more peace, stuff still happens in my current house but nothing like that anymore. Thank you!

Rookdygin- the home had to of been fairly new, considering it wasn't on google maps when it updated in 2006. [We moved in Feb 2006] Upstairs was carpet but downstairs was wood. The stairs itself was carpet also. No one was awake, this had to of been around 11pm - 1am at night. As a teenager I went to bed super late and was up when no one else was. It would vary as far as seasons go, one time I remember it was July and another in October. I don't recall anything about humidity or the dryness considering this was years ago. It might have been a living residual however since my mom started ghost hunting when these things started to happen, I'm thinking she brought something home with her. I believe it even followed her when my family ended up moving to NJ years later because I can still hear them when I visit them. It's just giggling and things will move, but other than that nothing extreme so we just let them be.
My mom admits to hearing the children giggling and the footsteps too. I asked her if she remembers it and she says she did but she didn't have a dream like I did. I told her about the dream and she looked concerned but again, nothing else like that has happened so maybe I did have a night terror.

Thanks again guys!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Interesting...

How old was the home when the footsteps began AND was the hallway carpeted or wood or laminate flooring AND what time of night did you hear the footsteps? I must also ask this... Had anyone walked down the hallway 10-20 minutes before the steps began? What time of year did they happen? Was it really humid or dry outside?

Sorry for all the questions but the steps may have been the floor 'flexing' back into place after someone walking on it... It happens more frequently on stairs but if conditions are right it may have been something like that.

The kids giggles and laughs may have been something we here on YGS have come to call a 'living residual'...What that means is a repetitive event from living person (s) has imprinted on a space and replays under the right conditions no spirits nessasary.

Your dream... While horrific may have been just that... A dream... One that seemed so real your subconscious mind caused actual marks to appear.

These are a few things that may have caused your experiences...

Did anyone else experience anything? If so then compare what they experienced with yours... What matches... What doesn't? Investigate the common events more throughly.

Thanks for Sharing, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Generally, if you are feeling pain in the dream, you are experiencing pain in reality.
I remember dreams where I broke my knee, but in reality, I had been thrashing in my sleep and bashed by knee against the wall. The pain translated into my dream.

It's possible that you were scratching yourself and such in the dream, leaving marks and bruising. My fiance has punched himself and scratched himself until he bled in his sleep during nightmares when he was dreaming of being attacked.

Personally, I don't think a dream is means that this was a demon encounter. The other experiences you mention are not demonic in nature, but how they are described. I think your subconscious picked up on your fear and you had a form of a night terror.

Hopefully, you are in a more peaceful part of your life now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: