You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Whispering Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Whispering Window

 

It was about 2.30 am in july and I had just got off school for summer holidays and all my family were asleep. Because of my insomnia I couldn't get any sleep but I tried. I had closed my eyes for five minutes, that's when I saw are back security light come on. I thought it was odd because everyone was asleep and our cat was in my room. I ignored it thinking it was someone else's cat.

Oh how wrong I was. Unless cats can talk, it was one but I highly doubt that. I then saw a shadow, just one shadow and they were whispering I couldn't understand what they were saying, it was a different language, nothing I had ever heard before, then I saw someone else walk over to my window. Now I was really scared and I couldn't move, I didn't want to look out my window because I knew they were looking right at me, then they stopped looking at my window and started talking, well, whispering.

I was straining to hear what they were saying, I picked up some of their words, it was "sorry, dead, angels" I had no idea what I should do, so I sat there, watching them talk, they were moving with grace and my room was so cold when I first saw them. Once they had left, my room warmed up, I was in shock but I got some sleep, though not that much.

I woke up at 9am. I went where my family was and I acted like nothing happened. I haven't seem or heard the people since but a lot of strange things have happened to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-07)
Hello Laura.
I am wondering where the security light is outside that window. The reason I ask is because on our security light, shadows would not turn it on. If something blocked the light or crossed in front of the eye it would, but as far as a shadow going across it, no. Thank God too, as we lived in a congested area and the thing would have been going off constantly. I do think they are sensitive adjustable though.
I have no idea what this occurrence was. I would think you had a visit from the shadow people, but I do not remember reading that anyone heard whispers or saw conversations going on with them.
Sleep paralysis, uh, you were awake, so that is out. I will have to research this a bit more. Very interesting story.
Thank you.
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Sounds very much like sleep paralysis. I suffered with it most of my life, luckily, I just heard noises, like people talking, but I could never make out what they were saying. I also felt a presense in the room, but never visually saw anything. Now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me much anymore. Take care.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Laura, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: