You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Son Says He See's A Bird At Night

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Says He See's A Bird At Night

 

To be honest, I do not know that this is paranormal in anyway but it's been going on for so long now and so consistently and has produced one or two rather terrifying incidents that I am wondering if it is more than just a 3 year old imagination.

My youngest son (the only one that lives with my (ex) wife and I) has been saying that he sees a bird or birds in his room at night for about the last year and a half, two years now. We recently moved from one end of town to another and on the night the move started, the worst experience of all happened. My wife and I were woken from a dead sleep by my son screaming bloody murder. I can't remember off hand right now exactly what he said but, when we asked him what was wrong I remember him mentioning "the bird" above his bed. There was, and is nothing above his bed. I have placed a Guardian angel and a blessed Icon of St. Anne and Our Lady above his bed. This seems to have mitigated things but, he still sees this "bird".

We thought that it might be the fact that our old apartment was built above an old municipal pool but the building we live in now was finished last August (2014). I still can't dismiss the fact that both my wife and I are currently full time students and this may be a way for him to get our attention but, that would suggest to me that he would be doing this every night. He is not. He also had little to no trouble sleeping a few weeks ago due to being sick. Well, accept the night he woke up 3 or 4 times to throw up.

Has anyone else had this happen to their child and if so, what have you done about it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tannalas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

effieefrrl (1 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-01-19)
it's funny because when I was three in brazil I used to see a huge white bird and I couldn't sleep bc he was everywhere
psysch (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
I have seen a bright light bird twice, the size of a pigeon over Kuching city sky, East Malaysia (Borneo Island). It was about 1 km away from me and around 150 ft above the ground. It just hover there in the sky for more than half an hour. It was last year 2015 when I saw this bright entity and I was under attack mentally by entities. I am also curious what this it. My conclusion is that it is a negative entity since I am under attack mentally and this bright light bird just hover over the sky there and not doing anything to help me.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Loneybone--This is off topic of the story so I will be brief. You wrote in a comment that you heard an owl outside your window that was "screaming and trying to speak." You just gave a good description of the Screech Owl. Screech Owls are called that because they, literally, screech. They also have another cry described as, " a shrill descending whinny" and one that sounds like "an even pitched trill." They also make sounds that could easily sound like a person trying to talk. It just the wonderful and varied world of nature!
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
-3
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Well I can tell you one thing I am a huge beliver in witches. I know for a fact that witches can transform into birds. This may sound crazy but it's not. I have actually had something like this happen there was an owl outside my home it didn't sound normal it sounded like it was screaming and trying to speak. I got scared my mom knew just what it was she said it was a witch who know what it wanted but she started to say her prayers she said one verse backwards and that thing went away. I think that the birds he is seeing could be witches. You need to find some preyer verses and you need to repeat them there is a certain one you say backwards but I can't remeber which one my mom has it. I met this lady once I didn't know but she was a witch and a she liked having statues of death. We were in the car with her and she told us she needs to find a cementary so she could transform her self into an owl... After that day me and my mother got away from this woman never saw her again. So if I were you i'd do something about it because most likely this isn't good news and they could maybe harm your son. Now I could be wrong but maybe not. Also light some white candles in his room put some crosses and pray pray pray. I hope this helps good luck.
Tinaf0505 (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
does you're child get depressed a lot I know this may not be what your looking for but when parnomeral things are happening to 1 person that person usually has depressed moods, anger mood swings, gets chilly alot. If so I suggest getting a bible (Please do not take offence). Thing slike this happened to my family (me) and I got a bible and the animal has went away.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
I know that this may be going out on a limb here, and a rather long one at that, but I would assume that there is the possibility that he may be seeing his animal spirit guide. Again this is just an idea but hey who knows.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Has your son ever describe the bird more specifically, as in size of the bird, possibly color, and does it glow, or is it transparent, or mist/ smoke like or solid shadow? Also does it make any noise?
I don't have much to say about this because this is new for me, I have never heard of something like this happening.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
He could be having nightmares or his imagination could be messing with the shadows in the room.

Does he sleep with a nightlight? If not, getting one may help. That may help if it's shadows and may also help him when awaking from intentional nightmares.

If you are worried about him, which is normal if your son is experiencing something that scares him, maybe doing a blessing/cleansing that fits your beliefs could help.
Texan92 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
The fact that he is three is very telling, there is an off chance it could be a series of night terrors. I know, because when I was a toddler I experienced the same thing except with a large black dog instead. Rest assured it is probably nothing paranormal, but it is a traumatic experience! Basically picture your nightmares projecting into your real world surroundings. Best of luck!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
You've probably already checked this out, but, is there anything he's had in both rooms that could cast a bird like shadow? I've had screaming meltdowns over wall hooks making spider shaped shadows, so I have to ask.
If you've completely ruled out bird like shadows and such, ask him about as others have suggested. Be as nonchalant as possible. If you act like it's not that big a thing, he might be more relaxed during the conversation. Maybe catch him at a time when he's drawing, ask him if he's willing to draw a picture of the bird.
My final thought, and I'm not saying his vocabulary is anything but awesome, but he is 3. He may not know the word for what he's seeing, and "bird" is the best word he knows to describe it. That's the main reason I think asking him to draw it might be a good idea.
Anyhoo, just a nonparent's thoughts.
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Dont stick about ghost in his mind. Ask him about the bird which see often encounters with at nights. Dont force him too much to answer be normal with him. And good luck!
Tannalas (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Thanks Tweed, I'll give that a try. My wife may have more information about it already but I'm not sure.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Tannalas,
May I suggest you ask him about the bird (if you haven't already). Ask him at good times, peaceful mood, during the day. When he's in a good mood. I wouldn't press him too hard. Just maybe ask a few questions and let him talk or not talk (which ever suits him is fine).

It's important you don't 'shun' the topic of the bird too much. Let your son know you're there to talk if and when he's up to it.
This might lessen the impact this bird is having on him.

I haven't a clue if it's ghost related or not. The fact it's inconsistent has me wondering if it's a ghost and not attention seeking.
If he wakes up too hot or too cold when seeing the bird it could be a nightmare. An uncomfortable body temperature can induce scary dreams.

I hope this comes to pass soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: