You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is A Ghost After Our Son?

Real Ghost Stories

Is A Ghost After Our Son?

 

I recently gave birth to my son. He is a very healthy baby. I set him up a nursery on the ground floor so he can sleep in there without me having to trek up and down stairs with him. I gave him my old baby stuff, so I didn't have to bring possible covid near him.

My boyfriend wanted to sleep in the nursery with him one day so I didn't have to take him upstairs and disturb him. I went to bed as usual.

In the middle of the night, he started screaming. I went downstairs to feed him and found the dangly bits on the mobile scattered on the floor. I picked my son up and started comforting him. I then woke up my boyfriend with my foot. He woke with a start. I showed him the scene and he was shocked.

He hadn't heard anything. There was nothing on the baby monitor beside my bed either.

I thought that they may have just broken, but their position looked like they'd been thrown. Both boys were asleep and my son wouldn't have been able to reach.

I shut the nursery off and took him upstairs every night. My boyfriend slept with me. There was nothing out of the ordinary for a week, then one night, he woke up screaming again. When I say screaming, I don't mean the usual crying because he's hungry, I mean screaming like he's banged his head on the floor.

I went into his room and picked him up. On his face, there was a handprint, like he'd been slapped. No-one had been in his room. Nothing on the baby monitor. I started thinking of paranormal activity. There was nothing else rational.

We moved his cot into our bedroom and so far it's been quiet.

Is a ghost after our son?

Other hauntings by Oceana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oceana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
I think just for peace of mind do a cleansing and see what happens after, also of you say that you can't hear anything on the baby monitor, there maybe something wrong with it and you should get another set.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-11)
Maybe the ghost is trying to keep him safe - in both instances when he's started up screaming you have been asleep, maybe he stopped breathing and the ghost just did whatever it could think of to snap him out of it and get your attention?
WarlockMagicSpells (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-21)
This is would definitely worry me. Go online and buy some white sage. Burn it in every room of your home around sunset, especially the baby room. That will help decrease spiritual activity.

Thanks,
Daniel
High Priest
Https://warlockmagicspells.com
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-21)
Freddy, maybe you are right.
It was pretty weird though.
Maybe I'm just being too overprotective.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-20)
[at] Ocean.
I think valkricry is right, after all you say the baby stuff was yours, then it must be old. Maybe the baby slept pressing his hand under his cheek thus making the red mark and you thought some body had slapped him. 🤔
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-20)
Oceana, personally I don't trust baby monitors very much. If you have one of those newer ones that record, you might review the footage for clues. With the older ones (audio only) it's like short-wave, you can pick up all kinds of stuff not even in the room with the child, by the same token not hear more subtle sounds. How noisy can a mobile be? Those dangly bits are usually fairly light, and could have easily 'bounced' as they struck ground.
I'm sure, as a mom you know babies can scream a blue streak for multiple reasons, and sometimes that reason is only known to them. (Back in the day, diaper pins springing open and sticking them, was often the answer, or a super stubborn burp.) As for the red mark on his cheek - there can be several explanations depending on baby's age.
You might cleanse his room and the nursery just for peace of mind if nothing else.
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-19)
I didn't take any photo's of the handprint.
It was a tiny handprint.
My boyfriend is a very deep sleeper and doesn't sleepwalk.
Obviously I have been keeping my son with me a lot. He's been sleeping in the cot in my room so I can keep an eye on him.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-19)
Are u sure your boyfriend don't sleepwalk and he's the one braking the mobile and slapping the poor babe with his tiny hand? You'd have kicked his arse for not waking up when the baby was crying. 😠 😁 😜
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-19)
Hello Oceana,
Congratulations on the arrival of your bubs.
You poor thing, it can't be easy on you having to nurture a little bubs, keep him safe, and ensure he won't come to harm. You must be overjoyed with your little bubs and at the same time concerned that there's a possibility of paranormal activity in your home.
Cleanse your home Oceana. You have made the right decision to keep your little bubs in your room until you know it's safe to take him back to the nursery.
Please update us on what's happening.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-01-18)
Hi Oceana

Thanks for sharing. You must be worried.

Have you or any others in that residence experienced any activity that can't be explained, or 100% ruled out as "normal"?

Has anyone experienced a "feeling" of something "off" or malevolent in that residence?

One aspect that you could clarify if possible; for a definite hand slap (hand print) to appear on a small baby's face, it must be a very small imprint? Did you take any photos of it?

Or was the mark a generalized red area? I ask because if you were spooked by the mobile being on the floor and attributed that to spiritual activity, then you may have then attributed the redness on your son's cheek and your child's distress to a malevolent spirit attack.

May I ask how old your son is? Is he teething? There may be another explanation for a baby's distress and red cheeks.

Sorry for all the questions but I try to steer people into a more "normal" less worrying / frightening explanation as we often just default to "evil ghosts".

Regards

Sam

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: