You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Crescent Hotel In Arkansas

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Crescent Hotel In Arkansas

 

Last weekend me, my husband, my brother and his girlfriend stayed for two nights at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We booked room 101 which was Norman Baker's office when he ran a cancer "hospital".

The first night we stayed up really late and nothing happened in our room. We started to explore the hotel at around 3:30 AM. We went and took pictures in front of the doors of some of the rooms we heard were haunted. I also took tons a pictures in the hallways. I was catching orbs, but I wanted something more.

I stood in front of 218 for about 45 minutes. Room 218 is supposed to be haunted by a ghost named Michael. The whole time I was standing there, I was talking to Michael asking him to show me something or to play a joke or a trick on me. I didn't experience anything although my brother and husband were catching a lot of green orbs around me.

We went back to the room disappointed, then something strange happened. I was getting into bed and a deck of cards that was on the coffee table when we left the room was now under my pillow. I knew that someone could have been playing a trick on me so I brushed it off, put the cards back on the coffee table in the other room and went to bed.

The next day the four of us had a late start so we refused the maid service and went shopping downtown. We were thinking nothing of the deck of cards under my pillow until we came back into the room that evening and a the deck had been dealt into four hands on the coffee table. We were all together downtown the entire time and we didn't have maid service that day. The only reasonable explanation is that the hotel staff was messing with us. The problem with that is that the hotel makes a lot of money off the idea that they are one of the most haunted hotels in the US and it would be a huge liability for them to try to fake it with their guests.

At this point we were a little spooked and skeptical. The four of us sat in the living room for a while discussing the possible ways this could have happened. While talking about it all, I kept saying out loud that if there were any ghosts there with us that I would like for them to show us something. I said I just felt like one of the people with me was playing a joke. Also while talking, my brother's girlfriend was rearranging the cards to put them back in the case so that if they were even moved around in the case we would know. She put one joker on top and one joker on bottom. She put the deck of cards in the case back to the middle of the table.

My husband was convinced it was hotel staff so he booby trapped the front door with an empty bottle of vodka. If someone didn't know the bottle was there and opened the door, they would knock it over. We took tons of pictures so that we would know if the bottle had moved.

That night we went out for dinner and drinks. A few hours later around 11pm we got back to the room. My husband unlocked the door slowly and reached just his hand around to take a ton of pictures before disturbing the bottle. What we saw was insane to all of us and still a few days later we are trying to find a logical explanation. There was a row of cards spread out in front of the door face down with two jokers face up while the rest of the cards were still in the case on the coffee table. No one had disturbed the vodka bottle. That night we all wanted more proof. We wanted something to happen while we were in the room. Nothing did.

That morning my husband woke up even more skeptical since nothing happened while he was in the room. I was the last person in the bathroom before my husband went to take a shower and there was nothing out of the ordinary. While he was in the shower, my brother, his girlfriend and I went to breakfast. My husband met us down for breakfast about 30 minutes later and was a little upset that we were messing with him. He was accusing us of writing something on the mirror before we left the room. We didn't. The word "SAVE" was written on the mirror with a soap like texture while my husband was in the shower.

We all can't figure out how this all happened and don't know the significance behind the word "save". I don't know if Michael was playing that joke on me that I had asked him for or if Norman Baker used to play cards in the parlor of his office. I would love to hear if anyone else has stayed in room 101 and/or has experienced something similar at the Crescent.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katiem25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Wow holy cow, I remember seeing an episode of TAPS on syfy where they went ghost hunting at this hotel, I foumd a clip of the episode on a website that happens to be all about the hotel.http://www.americasmosthauntedhotel.com
After reading your story and looking at that webpage, I totally want to go to that hotel, it sounds spooky and scary but mot to scary to make me not want to go, maybe ill go someday.
I do believe it was Michael, but for more proof you should have (if did not) looked at the cards closely each time this happened to see if there was any significance, possibly a message of some sort.
I loved reading this experiance and thanks.
dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
I have just looked up this hotel, its beautiful and has quite an interesting history that goes with it. Enjoyed your story...
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-20)
I have been to the Crescent MANY times. As a child I had no idea it was haunted. I just thought it was a beautiful hotel and we loved going there. I never experienced anything there, but would recommend this as a beautiful vacation spot. And who knows, maybe you will witness something!
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Very cool story! I do wonder if the empty nature of the bottle was your doing. 😉 Not important. Fun story. I'm actually using the Baker story as part of a novel I'm writing and love to hear about the Crescent. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: