You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: An Old Parsi Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

An Old Parsi Hotel

 

This will be my first submission to this site. I am a regular reader of Real Ghost Stories since very long time.

This is a real incident which I experienced during March, 2019. My wife and I, along with a friend and his wife, planned a weekend getaway to a nearby beach. It was approximately 2 hour drive along the coast of Northern Maharashtra (a state/province in India). We started our journey in the morning and reached the destination just before noon. Since it was an ad-hoc plan, we didn't book a hotel to stay overnight. After reaching the place, we saw an old hotel just in front of the beach entrance. Since it was old, we first enquired about rooms in some newly built hotels nearby, but they were all booked for the weekend. Now, it was 1.00 in the afternoon and we were tired and hungry. So, we decided to enquire for rooms in that old Parsi hotel. To our luck, there were only 2 rooms available and we decided to take them instantly. We checked in and went to our respective rooms. The hotel was old Parsi house, converted to hotel. The hotel building was 0 + 2 floors and we got our rooms on the first floor. My room had a pool facing and it had a balcony with pool view. The window against the balcony faced a large mirror which was placed in the room, and in between was the bed.

We settled down, freshened up and went out for lunch. After finishing lunch we directly went to the beach and spent time there until the place went dark (after sunset). We returned to the hotel and it was really dark. We already had our dinner at a restaurant nearby. We went to our rooms and crashed out.

Just as I was lying down on the bed, I felt that some one was watching us. I checked the balcony and there was no one. I didn't realize when I dozed off. Suddenly, I woke up in the middle of the night with a feeling that someone is sitting on my chest. I was unable to move. I was facing the balcony and I saw that someone was there. It was a shadow figure with no clean distinct features. I tried to wake up my wife, but I couldn't move. I started murmuring holy verses (Hanuman Chalisa) in a hope to scare off ghost. Listening me murmur, my wife woke up. She switched on the lights, and saw me unable to move. She shook me and then I became free. I had no guts to get up and check the balcony for someone's presence. We decided to keep the lights on and sleep for the rest of the night.

I was awake the whole night, while my wife was asleep. We freshened up and checked out in the morning. While my friend was busy doing some formalities at the hotel reception, I enquired about the hotel. It was really old building, built by the Parsis which moved to India from Persia due to persecution. This property belonged to someone who was among the initial settlers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Asleep, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-18)
Hi Asleep,

I agree with lady-glow. This definitely sounds like a sleep paralysis situation in which someone may have tried to communicate with you. It could have been one of the initial settlers. Like Rajine said, they may not have moved on yet. Especially since you mention they were fleeing persecution; I imagine there was a lot of anger and fear there that the person might not have let go of.

Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-18)
Hi Asleep.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear enough. What I mean is if you remember having a dream that could be considered a visitation just before waking up that night, as in someone trying to give you a message while you were asleep, or having a nightmare.
Asleep (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-18)
[Lady-glow] I was not dreaming. I saw a black figure in the balcony, which made me believe that the room was haunted. My wife won't tell me, but she also felt weird in that room.
And, definitely it was a sleep paralysis.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-18)
Welcome to YGS.

Your experience fits the description of sleep paralysis. A normal stage during which the body gets paralyzed in order to avoid moving during our sleep, it's not uncommon for the brain to wake up before the body and the person is unable to move for some time, sometimes even experiencing hallucinations.

Since you have been reading stories in this forum for some time, you must have read some about this topic.

Also, during sleep, a person may be open to the spirit realm and dreams can be a way of communicating with a spirit.

Do you remember if/what you were dreaming before opening your eyes?

Perhaps you only experienced an episode of sleep paralysis... Perhaps it was more than that.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-18)
Hi Asleep

Definitely a interesting and creepy experience for you, I can only imagine how old that building must be, I suppose someone or something has an attachment to that place and has not moved on yet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: