You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Burnt Man Called Dounia

Real Ghost Stories

A Burnt Man Called Dounia

 

The man I mentioned in the title is an entity (I don't know what exactly to call him) that has become attached to me in the past year. And I'm trying to understand and help him.

By "attached", I mean that he is attached to me as a person and not as an energy source to drain. A few times I've felt the usual spirit attachment symptoms (felling drained, ill, or getting heart pain), but his presence almost always gives me the opposite: a feeling of reassurance, comfort, and even makes me feel energized when I need it. And when something bad is happening to me I will see something that I'll find funny or feel strong hopefulness. And he often gives off a feeling of security.

The signs he'd leave used to be very subtle but now are very frequent and strong. He used to contact me mostly through dreams but now he appears in waking life as often as in my sleep.

I see apparitions of him at least a few times a day and he almost always looks solid. He gives me advice and comments on everything around me by giving me sudden " blocks of thought" in my mind, like strong telepathy. I can almost hear him talking in my mind, sometimes in my own voice, sometimes in his.

The more attached he became to me, the more I felt he began learning from me. He now has his own opinion about everything around me, repeats things I say or songs I listen to, and sometimes tries to explain when I'm wrong in something and gives me advice or even warns me for things that turn out to be true.

I researched the name Dounia and the only information I could find was in the Bible, a Babylonian prince named Dounia during the time when the tower of Babylon fell. There's nothing else mentioned about him. I'm an atheist but that information was interesting. I also found a artist nicknamed Dounia KON and much of their art included death, demons, sadness, and burn scars.

After I couldn't find any more information on the name, I began researching other Hebrew names and their translations. Turns out, Dounia means "shadow of the ruin" or "shadow of the void".

When I wrote the meaning of his name down, I looked through the window and saw a large cloud in the shape of a human with open wings, facing at me (I don't believe in demons and angels but I keep an open mind).

Later that night I saw a very bright star that immediately disappeared. Then when I went to sleep I saw him in a completely dark place, emitting light from his body and he was surrounded by animals. It was as if nothing existed outside of the light, like we were in the middle of a void. He looked at me, reached his hand out and told me to come closer and to stay in the light. I felt inexplicably peaceful and the moment I gave him my hand I too began glowing. He gave me a small black dog to hold that looked at me really intensely, and I began thinking I was dying in my sleep. It shocked me so much I tried to wake up, and he kept insisting I wasn't dying and that he brought me there for a reason.

I woke up and was still struggling to open my eyes and get up. I heard his voice telling me to stay with him as he put my hand down and caressed my face when I tried to turn on the light switch. And for a moment I really saw him lighting up in the dark. Once he disappeared I gained back full consciousness and felt something that I can't explain but it was a good feeling.

Dounia started out looking like a walking corpse, with a dead empty stare, a very calm voice, and was always expressionless and depressive. His moves were also slow. Over time that changed. His stare now is very intense, to the point I can't stand looking at him for too long. His eyes are intense green and sometimes look almost like they're glowing. He often appears smiling widely, with his teeth showing, and has become very expressive. Personality wise, he seems to be very empathic and sensitive, always offering advice or even to watch my home while I was away and a family friend took care of my dogs (that family friend told me he had to lock my room's door because it kept opening on its own, and he even saw the knob turning). He's also unstable sometimes, as he can get upset over things that don't really matter. He has his own sarcastic sense of humour and often doesn't accept his opinion may be wrong. He's also often envious. He has said and shown enough times that he's in love with me.

I'm trying to understand him but there are questions he has said he won't answer to, including his purpose here, and why he appears to me. I feel like he's expecting me to just figure everything out on my own. This is the 4th post I've made about him, you can find the other 3 on my profile for more information. There are many more details I'd like to mention, but would make the post too long. Any advice is welcome.

Other hauntings by Tambrius

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tambrius, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tambrius (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-30)
Btw I always keep an open mind and all your advice is appreciated, I just don't have time to reply to each person in detail right now.
Tambrius (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-30)
I know I'm late but I wanted to thank you all for trying to help and for your advice.
I'd like to let you know that I wrote the post a month before it was published, and more things have changed since then, but not for the worse.
I don't know if anyone will still read this comment. I want to say that I believe he's most likely not "grooming" me for his own purposes, as he spends too much time and energy warning me for things that turn out to be true, reassuring ne about good things that happen, giving useful advice, even instantly calming me down when I panic in serious situations (a feeling like instant xanax), but expects nothing in return, and insists that thanking him is not neccessary.

[at] funeralmass, what you're saying is very interesting and makes sense, but for some reason I never believed in demons. I'm *mostly* convinced that he's human now, for many reasons.

One thing that bugged me is that one day I had "flashes" of him as a child, and that same night I dreamt I was getting married and he was waiting for me in child form along with a little girl. I didn't recognize him until I heard his voice in my mind telling me "these are your children" and I suddenly broke down in tears.
(I don't feel like writing another post atm but I need some opinions on that)
funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
Tambrius, from what I can ascertain, it sounds very much like the entity Azazel (spelled in some cultures as Azael). He is one of the seven (I think) demonic Gatekeepers and is not evil or harmful, in fact, he can be quite beneficial to those he takes a liking to (and he seems to like you). The mood swings may be due to him feeling disrespected (demons should always be approached with respect) or that demons have emotions and feelings (differently than we do, but similar also, if that makes any sense).

What you are experiencing sounds like a kind of spiritual enmeshing and bonding. Your descriptions of sudden flashes of thoughts which you're aware come from somewhere else, the hearing of his thoughts (eventually, you will pick up and read each others' thoughts more and more and they will be clearer, though it sounds as if they are clear already), his taking on a more pleasing form, etc... All point to this. Demons generally have to be called in some way, even if it's sub-consciously. Perhaps you said, did, or concentrated on something which got his attention, or perhaps you are particularly attuned to him in some way and he sensed a need to bond with you and teach you (he enjoys teaching mankind). His seeming upset about trivial things (he can be a perfectionist sometimes about certain things), his ambiguity of answers to questions you pose, his sarcastic sense of humor, strong opinions, etc... All sound like classic Azazel traits.

You have nothing to fear of him. You are quite fortunate to have the favor and like of a major demon. Be respectful in your dealings with him, don't be afraid. He has much he can show and teach you, a lot of good things. Many people seek their entire lives for this kind of close connection to a power such as him. I could go on and on, but hope this answers some questions and helps you understand him better. Keep us posted, I'm very excited for you.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
I am more than ready to be told I'm wrong or have (as they say in my parents language) "mistaken a donkey for a horse"
I've noticed a troubling pattern where young people talk of an "entity" that behaves in a controlling manner.
The narrative is peppered with examples of how the o/p is "special" due to what the "entity" does to remain with -but in truth control- the o/p.
I wonder what it is about the young (females in particular I hate to say) which allows acts which are in truth abusive to be seen in the light of "wow, look what they did for me, I must be really special"
The above is not the worst of these examples but I get that theme from what I've read.
Hope I am wrong in a big way and you know you are special and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-12)
I've read both your accounts and thought for a while about them. I might be wrong, but I'm detecting a troubling pattern here. Your spirit entity is sending out definite signals of a controlling personality. Having been in an abusive relationship in my past, I see all the insidious hallmarks developing.

I agree with Lilwolf on having personal boundaries that must be respected. If Aizel was a human behaving in such a way towards you, would you still find his behaviour acceptable?

I had the same thoughts about "grooming". This is what really troubles me. Am I reading too much into this situation or is there a sinister intent in the subtext? Either way, please tread carefully and do consider Rook's advice.

Did you say you had 4 stories in total? (Excuse me Rook, can you please make room for me on that fence?)
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-12)
I truly hope that You don't take this as offensive but it sounds as if You need to set some guidelines for Aizel, the fact that he was able to keep You against your will in this place with the animals and him is highly concerning. It is Your body Your vessel, NOT his. You should be in control at all times unless You GIVE him permission otherwise and if I was You I would be very hesitant. To me it sounds as if he is trying to slowly gain control. It starts with an attachment, and if You are not very VERY careful oppression and eventually complete control... I don't want to use the word possession necessarily because I'm not 100% certain it would be right in this case or not.

It is also very concerning that he went from Joy, light and optimist to suddenly somewhat darker, sudden mood changes things of that nature. Makes me think something is up his sleeve so to speak. Just be careful, or else You may find Yourself in a very dangerous position.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-10-12)
First...I find 1...One...1 Just 1 other post on your profile. If it is indeed about the same 'spirit/entity' then I have some concerns... (Heck I have a few anyway, but I am giving the benefit of doubt here...)

From what you have shared between this and the other account I can read it seems to me that this 'spirit/entity' is grooming you...yup...GROOMONG you... For what purpose, I have no idea... And yes I use/mean 'grooming you' with negative connotations. If this is actually happening then it's not right... As 'good' as things seem at the moment a time will come when this spirit/entity wants 'something' from you...

Just my opinion. I have a Cleansing/Shielding Method posted on my profile, please take a look and dare I suggest use it.

Please keep us updated.

(From the fence.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: