You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Imaginary Friend

Real Ghost Stories

The Imaginary Friend

 

When I was really young my parents, my infant brother, and I all lived in a house in Clarkston, Washington. This house was very old and bigger than any of the other houses we had lived in up to this point.

At first the house seemed normal with no weird sightings or anything like that, but then when I was about 3 years old, I began to play with an imaginary friend. This was not unusual for me; I often had imaginary friends when I was a small child. This one was different though. For one thing the imaginary friend's name was Selena, a name I had never heard before. Then I told my mom that Selena used to live here and I told her that Selena was in a "dead box", now remember I was only three I had never heard about death or coffins or anything, so that was unusual.

I later told my mom that Selena was hot then cold, and then she was in a dead box. My dad later did some research on the house and found out that a long time ago a school stood where our house now stood, and that there was a fire that killed an entire classroom full of children. We have since then moved and after that my parents told me that none of my other imaginary friends were like Selena. Although at the age of about 4 I would scare my parents by yelling about people who were not really there.

All the information about Selena was provided by my mother, because I do not remember any of my childhood imaginary friends. So was this girl a spirit or just a little girl's imaginary friend? I believe it was a spirit, what do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annalinnmurphy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
I believe my youngest child had 2 imaginary friends who were spirits. I think it's very possible your friend might have been a spirit from what you said, and because of the strange things my youngest said when she had a friend. I figure child spirits show themselves to other children. They know that adults don't see them, but children don't know that ghosts "aren't real" so they show themselves for companionship.
Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
I'm reading a lot about imaginary friends that people believe as adults to be spirits which I support the idea, however most seem to not remember the spirit as an adult but the family members remember well. So I don't think that should mean it is any less valid as a paranormal entity. Interesting.

Much love and respect ❤
annalinnmurphy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-21)
elt- No I did not because we moved about a year after all of this took place, and I now live in a different state and am unable to go check it out...
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
she sounds like a ghost to me
did you ever do a investigation on this yore self?
annalinnmurphy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Miracles51031- I have recently tried to find more information on the fire, but could not find anything. My dad is extremely good at that sort of thing, (finding information online), but I don't know where he found it. I'll have to ask.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
annalinnmurphy - I tried to find information about the fire but wasn't able to find anything. Do you know anything more about it?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
It could have very well been. I believe you did see a spirit. My imaginary friends were names I had heard of before, one was jennifer... My aunts name... And the other started with an m though I can't remember the name. Anyway, yeah.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: