You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Sitting Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Sitting Shadow Man

 

My first encounter was when I was about nine. My mom and dad were going to an event of some sort, they never told us (my brother and I) what it was. But they did say they would be out late and that we were going to stay at my grandparents' place.

After they dropped us off, we played with some toys, went swimming, and roasted s'mores over their fireplace. But it wasn't until it was time for us to go to bed that something out of the ordinary happened.

I woke up at around 3:00 am. This happened often so I really didn't think much of it, but I decided to go get a glass of water since I was up. Now, in the guest room my brother and I were sleeping in, there's a small couch. My grandma always keeps it clean and I was positive we didn't set anything on there the night before. But as I was walking back to bed, I saw saw an extremely lean, grey colored shadow.

At first I tried to convince myself that it was only the light trickling my mind, but being nine and scared of the dark and ghosts, I ran to the bed and hid. But I knew that I couldn't stay under there for long. So when I mustered up enough courage, I peeked out. He was still there, but in a different position. This time I felt that if I looked away, he would lurch forward. Then all of a sudden he stood up, took two or three steps toward me and a second later disappeared. Although I didn't get a particularly evil feeling from him, it scared me to death.

Sorry if this was poorly written, it's my first time posting on here.

Thanks for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, glowing_turtle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

glowing_turtle (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Bigryano20192, it turned it's head a bit in my direction, but then looked back.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Wow this is unusual, it's rare that shadow people move right in front of people's eyes, usually they are shy and run away.
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
glowing_turtle (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
I saw him one time after, but that was it. The second time, I think was 3 weeks later. This time it was standing in the kitchen at maybe 9:00 pm nichole87.
glowing_turtle (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
***next morning, oops. Also sds, there was a window in the room, but on the opposite side of the room.
glowing_turtle (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Revajane and sds, the nextorning I told them about it, but they just laughed and said it was dark and I was seeing things. But that's the only time I've asked, I think.
bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Wow that's creepy. Do you remember of the shadow man reacted to you entering the room?
nichole87 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Must have been scary for a child. Did you ever see it again? Ps. I thought it was written just fine.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Hi glowing_turtle, I have the same question as Revajane. Did you ask your grandparents if they had seen anything like what you saw? Still with only one encounter, it will be difficult to comment further. I also want to ask if there was any window nearby wherein you could get the refraction of light from outside?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Have you had the opportunity to ask your Grandparents about it or even your parents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: