You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Lady On The Beach

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Lady On The Beach

 

This incident happened when me and my friends had been on a trip which was arranged by our college. The location chosen was Konkan.

We arrived in the evening around 5pm. Everyone was tired after a long day of travelling so we decided to hit the hotel which was already booked by our college. The hotel was next to a beach which wore a deserted look when we arrived. I guess it was a private beach. Soon it was dark and we decided to go to bed.

Me and my friend couldn't control our excitement and thought of exploring the beach ourselves, but were warned by our third friend that we wait until everyone is asleep. So as we were waiting, we were sitting near the window flashing our torches at the coconut trees on the beach, that's when I saw a lady-like figure walking on the beach very close to the water. I told my friends to switch off their flashlights immediately. We observed the lady as she walked towards the rocks on the beach. That is when we decided to go and find out what was a lady doing out at this time of the night.

We went out equipped with our torches and headed directly towards the beach. We could still see her walking calmly. We thought of calling and asking her. As we were walking towards her, my friend tripped and fell on the sand. We picked him up and flashed our torches ahead. To our surprise there was nobody there. We kept staring at each other's faces and even did a quick search but, there was no one to be found. We headed back to the hotel.

I don't know who she was or what was she doing there at that time of the night. We even asked the hotel manager about the lady but he just kept staring at us like we were idiots.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _tonybalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
_tonybalo: Konkan is a huge region. Where exactly was this place located? Not trying to disbelieve you; just curious about the location as even I am from India. My folks are from Ratnagiri in Konkan.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
_tonybalo: perhaps the lady was just looking for some peace and quiet, not to mention some privacy.
And, the heck, what woman wouldn't fear a trio of strange men following her... Anywhere in the world but specially in India?
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
_tonybalo;
My native place is in konkan and it is pretty near to the sea. And it is said in our village, that the sea shores are haunted, because many sad things like suicides & accidental deaths often occur there. So most of the people avoid going on sea shore in night.
Thank you for your story, I liked it. 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Hi:
The term torch is often used in India, a remnant of the British Empire. With so many American corporations doing business there and giving American English classes to employees, our terms are making their way into Indian popular culture as well.
This one doesn't seem unbelievable; in fact, there may be a scientific explanation. If I were alone on a beach at night and saw several flashlights coming toward me, I would probably take any opportunity to lie low or try to disappear. One would never know who was coming toward you or why, especially with the fear of being outnumbered. Living in FL, I know that beaches at night are often places for crime to flourish. The noise from the waves crashing and the wind is most often louder than human voices, which is another reason a woman might not feel safe as well as an explanation as to why they might not have heard her dive in.
But I wasn't there, so I don't know the noise conditions or the visibility.
Interesting account, anyhow. Thank you for sharing.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Hello_tonybalo, welcome to YGS. It is a strange experience indeed but difficult to comment further because of with only one experince and lack of information, I cannot comment further.

Regards anr respects to you.

SDS
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
You're very curious by nature... If I was you, I wouldn't have followed that lady... I would directly have run back to the hotel itself especially at night roaming around isn't safe! I am no coward but still anything odd might have happened at that moment... Just need to be careful...Btw, thanks for sharing your experience! Oh well, I am surprised that you used 'torches' as well as 'flashlights'...'Torch' as a British word and 'flashlights' as American word...Cool!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
_tonybalo - I wasn't sure how close y'all were to the water in order to hear or see if she'd jumped in. Thanks for answering that for me 😊

Now, torch/flashlight? 😉
_tonybalo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Miracle51031 - We didn't know what happened. One moment she was there and the next she was gone. Even if she had jumped in the water we could have heard splashes.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Oh, also you use both the word torch and flashlight. Just wondering why. This same subject came up on another story today 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
_tonybalo - did you and your friends check to see if, just maybe, this was a real woman who jumped/walked, whatever into the water?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: