You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Horrible Little Man

Real Ghost Stories

Horrible Little Man

 

When I was 10 years old, my family had moved to new Mexico and bought a big two story house, we lived in it for about a year. The first few weeks in that house seemed normal, but about a month of living there, me and my brother were sitting in my room playing video games when out of nowhere, we heard someone fall down the stairs. We went out of the room to look and no one was there, so we went downstairs to talk to my mom, only to realize that there was a note on the kitchen counter saying "Joey had to go pick up your father at the airport be back soon".

Me and my brother really didn't think much of the occurrence that had happened that night. Two days later the family was sitting around the dinner table eating dinner, when they heard laughter of children, then the power just shut down completely. My father and mother had thought it was just a blown fuse or something of the sort, grabbed two flashlights and went to the fuse box in our basement.

About a minute after the went to the basement, my brother, who by the way was seven, had gotten scared, so me and him went to the kitchen pantry where we had stored a few extra flashlight just in case we ever needed them. When we got the flashlight turned on we saw a horrible looking little man standing there with little red beady eyes, I had gotten scared and tried to hit it away with the flashlight but when I took a good swing at it it just laughed a horrible laugh. We ran as fast as we could into the kitchen about two minutes after the lights came on.

For weeks we would see the horrible little man, after a while we really didn't think of him as much of a threat, but about a couple months living in the house, we decided to move because my father had found a better job. One day, while I was loading boxes of my kid stuff down stairs, I felt something smack me hard on my back, I fell but caught myself when I went downstairs to tell my mom what had happened. She told me to lift up the back of me shirt, when I did, she seen a hand print on my back.

After that occurrence nothing else happened, it took us about two days to move out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Joey b., has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
His story is somewhat entertaining, though likely not so as it happened to him. As soon as I saw the title of this story I thought of Daniel Quilp, the little ogre created by Dickens in his novel THE CURIOUSITY SHOP.
When I read paragraphs 3 & 4, I knew it was him! Nice to know the ol' boy is alive and well out there in New Mexico...
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hey Joey. Although I enjoyed your story and thank you for sharing it, I remain a little skeptical. The thing that confuses me is that the reactions you and your brother had to the "horrible little man" was not typical of a seven and ten year old. If I had seen something of that nature when I was 7/10, I would not have stopped at the kitchen, my Dad would have had to prise me off of him with a crowbar.
Secondly, I take with a grain of salt any story where the author doesn`t take part in the discussion after saying they will.

FRAWIN 🤔 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hello Joey, what I find the most interesting is right before the lights went out you all heard children laughing. But when you and your brother went into the pantry, there was this "horrible little man". That, believe it or not, would tell me that he is not near as "horrible" as what we humans picture as horrible. Ugly maybe, but not horrible as the children's voices heard may have been different. Did you check into Nature Spirits to see if any of them matched the figure you saw? They may not be the prettiest beings, but it would be one unanswered question that had an answer. Thank you for your story.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Hey Joey, that is down-right scary. I would not want to experience something like that at all, even if I'm over-bearingly interested in the paranormal. It's weird, right? Well, I believe that it was the devil coming to try and lure you to his laire, to take you away from the bowels of our existence... I'm joking, I'm not that dillusional. I don't even if I said it right for the love of God. Well, this does sound a down-right creepy experience and I'm sorry if this thing of making jokes about it is offending you. Well, thanks for sharing this interesting story... I have another story to scare my sisters with... If you don't mind of course 😉
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear Joey b,

You do not say how tall this man was or if he seemed human or less human to you. Just because a being does not look handsome in looks as humans judge a being to be, does it mean a being is "horrible". There are a number of possibilities in regards to this being. This being could be a dead human who is an earth bound ghost, a spirit who has crossed over but returns to revisit earthly realms, a lower level entity who feeds off lower level energies of the same level, an ET, a nature spirit (elves, fairies and the like), dimensional being, and perhaps, a military and medical experiment gone wrong. Please do the research and find the best answer for yourself in which to bring you a conclusion based on your own story, experience and belief system. Beings manifest by feeding off energy such as electricals, as well as the emotions, especially fears of human beings.--Abby
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Thanks for sharing your story, I'm always fascinated by ghost experiences that are accompanied by electrical issues! There's a connection there. 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Creepy! I got smacked in the back once, too and it was NOT funny. I was petrified. Glad you got out, Joey!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Thank you for sharing your story.

I wonder what the history of the house or the property was.

God Bless!
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
I believe your story and I also believe what you were experiencing was the Spirit of a man who may have lived in the house in the past and may not have liked children when he was on earth and in the spirit world he still didn't like them and he was trying to tell you this.
Thank goodness your fathers job moved you or you two may have had quite a prolem with the mean little man who was appearing like that to you to scare you.
Some times people who move into homes that still have the spirits of former owners in them do at times experience terrible problems and the Spirits will at times torment the people until they leave the house which they still consider theirs even after death.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Sounds like a nature spirit to me, but hey don't take my word for it. Do a little research and see if what you find matches up to what you seen. Thanks for sharing.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: