You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: People Just Don't Believe Me

Real Ghost Stories

People Just Don't Believe Me

 

Unlike most people on this website having extreme experiences with the paranormal, I've just started seeing a few things that really scares me. Every now and then I'll try to fall asleep, and I'm talking about once every month, I just can't fall asleep. I've noticed that these certain nights have increased. I can be brave, for example, things like horror movies or scary shows do NOT affect me. I get scared when these things actually starts happening. It's mainly just feeling bad energy when I sleep.

Ex: Say there was such thing as ghost seeing glasses. You sit up, placing them on to see two people standing in the corner of your room. As soon as you take the glasses off, they're gone, but you know they're still there.

I feel like I'm being watched. I remember once in school I looked up signs of spirits. I related to the loud thumbing noises (like something was dropped), footsteps, the feeling of being watched, closing doors, etc.

I had a breakdown at lunch, everyone thought I was crazy. Even my closest friends looked like the didn't know what to say. Until my favorite teacher talked to me, the only person who really understood. She told me her experiences and how she fixed. Over the weekend it got worse, but when I arrived to school that Monday, my teacher had a necklace for me. It's a black stone surrounded in silver wrapping around it, like vines. She said I can see them, but they can't touch me, and that I should try to talk to them.

What should I do? I'm only 14 in 8th grade, I shouldn't be dealing with all this fear, right?

Other hauntings by Haunta

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haunta, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
It says up top that you live in Virginia - I do too and have spent the last fifteen years working in and with Virginia history... Our state has a 400 years of it and that's only if you start counting with European contact. It may serve you well to research the history of your particular area - knowing the story may help the pieces fit and help you start feeling a measure of control again.
It's good that you have an adult to confide in. Definitely pay close attention to what your teacher has to say - and maybe she could recommend some reading materials for you that may help.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
Katy, you've been here plenty long enough to know and follow the guidelines. Since you chose to ignore the guidelines, your comment was deleted. Have a nice day.
RazersharpShadow191 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
I think you should listen to your teacher. Since your teacher already has experience you can trust that what they say is true.
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-02)
I do agree, at 14 you shouldn't be dealing with all these fear... But whatever it is know that you are stronger. I applaud your teacher for being there and I know as much as the people from the site can;you will get all the help you need.

Is there anything stressing you out besides this? School work can be quite stressful and stress plus lack of sleep aren't good a combo.
As the other members suggested... A little prayer to whatever you believe in can help give comfort. Are there other things that help you relax?... (nothing relaxes me better than a cup of ice cream and my favourite book)
Right now you need rest and good sleep to get your mind at ease.
If this is PMS or a poltergeist, or even an haunting... Know you are stronger and you will over come.
If it's possible you could talk to your mum. Please no more breakdowns... You will be fine.

Keep us updated.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Haunta, I am thanking Tweed here for her excellent advice. I am not political. But... It does take a village. We need many to help with all of the possibilities. These are wonderful sites. What GREAT company we have here!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Hi Haunta,

Hope you find comfort in Winipu and Hecate's advice. Thems wise women.

Thought of another angle to consider, since you mentioned this happens monthly. Your sensitivity to the paranormal could be exasperated by your menstrual cycle.
When I was in my early teens I had to learn to cope with PMS or PMT (premenstrual tension/stress).
Like you, I had a teacher who was on the ball with paranormal matters. This teacher recommended lavender oil, a couple of drops rubbed onto your temples during the day. Also a couple drops on your pillow at night.
I have used lavender oil (and other oils) ever since during times of stress and have found them very helpful and grounding.
I also have a restless night or two around that time of month and tend to be a bit more sensitive to ghosts around then too. It could help you to keep a journal of your experiences to find a pattern.

Also, on the topic of keeping a journal, look into the moon phase of when you experience this. You can find a moon report on the internet, there's plenty of sites which detail this. The moon's phase could also influence what's happening with you.

Take care, please keep us posted. 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Hello:

I suggest that whatever your personal belief system is, say prayers of protection. You are obviously sensitive to spirits and are very young & at a point where you are just starting to notice and trying to understand what is happening.
These beings may simply be ancestors watching over you, but it can still be unnerving when one is young and just beginning to experience these things. I learned early on to say prayers of protection. Over the years, you can instinctively learn how to accept those that are there to guide and protect and to ask for shielding from those that are not.
We all have those in spirit around for protection and guidance; i.e., guardian angels, ancestors, or whatever your faith calls them. All you need to do is ask. You can learn over time to overcome the instinctive fear of anything we cannot see and learn to discern which ones are there for your betterment.
If you do some research, you will find that spiritual activity is often associated with those in your age group, for various reasons.
If you are frightened by seeing them, you could try telling them that and ask them not to materialize. I have known of cases where this has worked.
If prayer and speaking to them do not bring you peace, then you can always try a house cleansing/shielding. It need not be religious, or you can do one consistent with your beliefs.
I do NOT recommend experimenting with any forms of communication outside of prayer and simple speech, as some of these can lead to opening yourself up to things far worse.
In time, you will also come to know who you can speak openly about these things and who not to, as not everyone is open to this sort of thing. There are many who might not believe you or judge you, which is why many of us turn to sites like this to discuss these experiences and our feelings about them.
I wish you only the best in your journey, which can be an exciting adventure. Invite love, light & positive energy; push away fear & darkness.
Ask and it shall be given you, seek and you will find...
Blessings,
Lynev
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Haunta, I was thinking about your story and just wanted to suggest one more thing. Have you investigated the idea of poltergeist activity. Google it for a detailed description. But the short version is that especially during adolescence, many people have A LOT of excess energy. It can manifest in these feelings of being watched, things moving, the feeling of being touched. And it doesn't mean it isn't real. Learning to control your own energy through meditation and yoga can help. This can help even if you do also have other energies around. Just another thought to help you on this journey. I wish you all the positives!
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Haunta, fear unnerves you, as you can tell. No matter what you are actually experiencing, your teacher is helping you get control of your focus of attention, your intent, giving you back your power. This teacher, by giving you a stone, helps to protect you, but also guides you in continuing to focus on self-protection. Many here on this site will talk to you about staying safe. You usually want to build you own strength and courage before trying to talk to them, especially alone. There really is strength in numbers. They can tap into our fear, using our energy when we are scattering it. So, if you now feel comforted with the necklace your teacher gave you, get used to this feeling. Feel the protection, and continue to ask that it be there.

You might also think about a house cleansing/blessing. One of our members here, Rookdygin, has a good one on his profile, or you can simply google it. Basically, you are telling anything no conducive to your growth and positiveness is not welcome in your home. It allows positives to remain. And these often help us.

I wish you the best. I hope this helps.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Shimeji - I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by your comment.
Shimeji (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Will there was once a girl 5 years old that saw the Demon trying to take her down (you know what I mean) and also if they don't believe you, you would be ake some pictures for evidence for people to see if it's true 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: