You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Transparent Being Lurking In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Transparent Being Lurking In The Hallway

 

This is not directly something that I experienced, but it was one of my brothers and my sister. When they were younger they used to sleep with the door open for reasons I don't know, but one day we were all sitting on the couch and talking about supernatural things. My family isn't really crazy about this stuff, but this story unnerved us all.

One day my brother had woken up in the middle of the night and he noticed this almost crystal-like man standing in the doorway like it was transparent. He told us he felt completely calm about it like it was no big deal, and he didn't know why. My brother then told us that he saw walk into my sister's room. At first I thought it was probably just a dream he had until I saw my sister's face.

She looked at my brother and said, "I saw the same thing go into your room." My heart dropped. She told us about the same figure and that she had the same feeling when she saw it. There was no fear, only calmness. We decided to search this on the internet and we found "Shadow People". We heard similar accounts of this except for a couple of differences. One thing I find that might be important is that everyone else said that they had red eyes, but my siblings said that they the creature they saw didn't have red eyes.

They never, nor have I, seen it again. I almost hope to see this thing that my siblings did, and I almost feel as if I had, but I'm not sure. If anyone can relate or explain this, you are very welcome. My siblings and I would very much like some insight.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaneWest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cybaknight (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
I once seen something like what you're talking about, and like you I wasn't scared of it, I've suffered from sleep paralysis since my child hood but with that comes fear like no fear I've ever felt.
JaneWest (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
It is a curious thing because there was no sense in danger in all of this at all. This all makes me more curious about the thing that occurred in my own home. Thank you for all the suggestions though, it makes me feel better too that others have experienced this sort of being.
LoveOfAbundance (2 stories) (27 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
The descriptions of "crystal-like" and "almost transparent" seem like camouflage technology to me. Not every being seen is supernatural. Good story! It makes one ponder the possibilities.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
Princess, submissions will be up Monday. Stop posting your experiences on other people's stories. If your story meets guidelines, we'll publish it.
WOLFBLOOD16 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
😲 I am sorry I don't really know. Maybe it's a passed away relative OR an angel
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
sibsibs - I've experienced a couple different shadow people and they weren't frightening in the least. My opinion, through my personal experiences as well as stories on this site, is there may be more than one category/type of shadow person.
sibsibs (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
Actually, shadow people are supposed to appear very dark, even black (hence "shadow" people) and they are very frightening, so this probably wasn't one.

I think it is pretty remarkable that neither your brother nor your sister were shocked or frightened, so the apparition probably had a more benevolent feel to it? Maybe somebody who wanted to check on them?

I find it actually rather comforting, there are not just negative entities about.
autumnwind (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
You should check out the books by Mary Summer Rain. She describes dealings with these inter dimensional and malevolent beings that match your description.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
Thanks for getting back to me Jane, so similar, this is fascinating. I wonder what these ghostly beings are up to when they're spied by young children.
JaneWest (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
To eyecandy, there was no one that they could think of that was like that, the only person I could think of is my Grandmother whom I've never met, but they have. They were very young though, around 3 and 6, so they didn't know her that well.
JaneWest (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
I wanted to reply to Tweed that the way you described the pale color is one of the words that used to describe this thing, so what I'm saying is that your description matches my siblings quite well. I believe you saw similar or the same thing.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
Hello Jane and welcome to YGS!

Firstly you said it was a 'crystal man' could you give a little more detail or find out from your siblings a bit more about his appearance?

Reason I ask is because I saw something, which may be similar, when I was very young. It wasn't a red eyed shadow person either. The man I saw was a pale colour and looked something like a very large stick figure. He sort of glowed slightly in the dark. I felt very calm about it too.
Not sure if we're talking about the same entity here or not. But the feeling of calm is a detail which intrigues me.

Here's another story which reminded me of yours. Except these siblings felt scared by what they saw.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21450

Thanks for sharing your siblings experience, I love stories like this!
eyecandy (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
It sounds as if it was possibly a guardian. Has someone past away recently or possibly years ago that your brother and sister were close to?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: