You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Family's Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

Our Family's Doppelganger

 

This story happened in our house... Again. We have experienced many paranormal things here, things that cannot be explained. There was this event which we hear falling things, or when the TV suddenly changes channel or turns off by itself before our own eyes. Sometimes things go missing, then we would find them in the parts of the house we couldn't think of putting those things in.

But there is this one paranormal event that is very common here. Seeing our family members' doppelganger.

First to experience this was my older brother. When he was about to go to the CR, he saw our mom standing inside, staring at him. She was wearing all black - black lipstick and long black dress. Well, that was unusual because my mom doesn't like that kind of fashion, so my big bro got shocked. He just went outside without saying a word. He got more shocked and scared at the same time because he saw my mom outside, busy hanging clothes. That was when he realized he just saw a doppelganger in the CR.

Next was my big sister. She was about to step in the CR (again) when she saw my big bro brushing teeth. And with that, she just decided to go to the living room instead while waiting for my big bro. But before she even reach the living room, she saw my real big bro walking towards her. She checked the inside of the CR only to find out that the doppelganger was gone. She was so scared that time because we were all aware of the doppelganger in our house because my big bro also saw it days prior to this event.

The last one to saw a doppelganger was me. Dinner time, I am preparing plates. I was about to get rice when I saw my sister standing with her back in front of me. She was not moving. She just stood there where the rice was located. I thought she was already preparing the rice, so I turned around and decided to rest. When I turned around, I saw my big sis came out of the CR. She noticed my shocked expression and asked me what was wrong, and I said I just saw her in that part of the kitchen. As I looked around, the doppelganger was already gone.

What's the explanation regarding this? What's the purpose of these doppelgangers? Is it true that if you saw your own doppelganger, you will die?

Thanks in advance!:)

Other hauntings by Bela_10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bela_10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachin (4 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
aren't dopplegangers suppose to be exact copy? But how come your mother's dopple ganger is different?

Anyways, its good to know that it has stopped now.

Regards,
Rachin
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
[at] loneybone Hi! Thanks for the information. 😁 Wow, so doppelgangers can also be real people, like twin stranger. 😊
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
Most Often dopplegangers show up to give us a warning signs that something bad can or will happen. I'm not sure if the death part of meeting your self is true but it is mentioned alot.
It is most often said that a doppleganger is suppose to be your evil twin or just that bad side of you or even an energey of you stuck in time and just know showing it's self. They also say that your doppelganger can be just miles away from you and it can go around cauisng trouble, per say going to a store and trashing the place things like that.
It's also said that they are not evil but just ghoslty beings trying to warn us of an accident or injury.
I know in this world there will be people who look like us and there not ghost or omen there actual people. You may actually find someone out there who look like you. It's said that there are at least 3 to 7 look alikes in this world like you. My brother actually found a picture on the internet of girl who looked just like me. We had the same skin color the same colored hair I'm a little on the chubby side and so was she, we had a similar winter hat. How alarming? As far as the dopplegangers being showed at your house Maybe you've always seen them because maybe they want to use you as way of telling your sibblings to be careful that something can happen. Well good luck hopefully you don't see your self.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
That's very nice Bela... I am glad you all are safe now... Thanks for replying... 😁 😁
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
sheetal,

We had, actually. But it was not the "cleansing" most of the people here talk about. My father is a pastor so we just prayed the house over. It's been 3 years now that we don't experience paranormal stuff at all. 😁

---Bela---
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi, Bela... Thanks for replying... I think you need to perform cleansing before the things become worse.

Stay blessed dear 😁
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Good day, sheetal!

Yes, our house has bad history. It was built during Spanish Colonial (1800) and some people say many soldiers died here during World War II. The people who turned over this house to us also experience many paranormal things like hearing footsteps with chains attached to it.

Thank you for reading! God bless you. 😊

---Bela---
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
holychants7,

I'm also confused regarding paranormal stuff especially the doppelgangers. Some doppelgangers speak to the person who see them, but some just stares without any expression, just like my experience.

I am so willing to wait for your stories. 😁

Thank you so much! My friends used to call me "Bela" (single "L") even before the Twilight got released. ❀
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi, Bela really a creepy incident... Do your house has any bad history? I've never heard any story of doppelganger like this
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi dear,

I am too so confused about the paranormal stuff. But I have to admit that the more I give such stuff a read the more I am fascinated by it.

I have encountered many things small and big, though not on regular basis. I think the spirits just say a hello when they pass by me πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and don't bother to come back to check on me. I mean I have only had random encounters and not those sort of real hauntings. Not waiting for one either.

I hope we find answers some day.

My regards to you Bella. (I am fond of that name since Twilight1)
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hello holychants7!

Thank you for reading my story and for dropping by to leave a comment. ❀

I also have so many questions regarding doppelgangers. Until now, I am so eager to find explanations both spiritual and scientific. I strongly believe in spirits, demons, and angels for I am born in a Christian family, but I am still looking for explanations, just like you. 😊

---Bela---
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hi there, bloodshoteyez!

Thank you for reading. I'll speak English for the sake of other readers. 😊 I also thought that doppelgangers copy every details of the person, but as I search for other experiences similar to mine, it's the other way around. Yes, some doppelganger used to copy every little details of a person, but some just copy the physical features, not including the clothes.

It is really a mystery. Every time my family see a doppelganger, it's just a matter of seconds before the real person appears, going to the exact place where the doppelganger was in.

Well, that was indeed a scary story of your friend. 😲 Thank you again, kabayan, for spending some time to comment. God bless you! 😁

---Bela---
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
WiniPu4
That was indeed a good advice. Rook always helps. 😊

I want to know why does the doppelganger exist? If a spirit can scare the hell out of you just by itself, why does it have to take a form of people you know to scare you.
I know the doppelgangers exist and this has happened to one of my friend. So not doubting the story. Just curious.

Bela: Good account though and really scary!
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hi Bela,

This is a very well narrated true story. When I read about doppelgangers 3 years ago, I was really fascinated and intrigued about them. Not to argue with your statement but I know doppelgangers are exact doubles of the person to the last detail, color of the clothes, hair etc. I guess this is new information for me about these entities.

There is that mystery why the person being copied is not always aware, or does not come face to face with his or her double. I heard a story from a friend that while her room mate is sleeping, her exact double was sitting on the bed and watching another room mate while she was sleeping (the doppelgangers expression? I don't think it was angry, it was just calmly watching by) I hope a member here will give you insight about this one.

Anyways kabayan I hope you get every help you need in this site:-) Good day to you
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hello WiniPu4/Lynev!

Thank you for reading my story. 😁 We already did a lot of blessings and prayers to this house since my father is a pastor. This story happened 6-7 years ago, and after that, there were still lot of paranormal things happened. It was only 5 years ago (I think) that these paranormal events stopped. These entities finally get tired of bothering us.

But if any events will occur again, I will surely share it in this site. 😁 Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. ❀ I will share my other experiences, here in this site. Thank you!

---Bela---
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Greetings:

I think it may be time for a good old fashioned house blessing/shielding. None of this sounds like an entity that is helpful, especially the creepy part where it was dressed as a "Morticia Addams" or a Goth version of your own mother. You can always get a clergy member from your faith to bless the house. I was raised Catholic and would go to a priest trained in this. There are any number of blessing/shieldings to be found on the web for whatever faith you believe, if you would like to try it yourself before involving a religion. I; myself, pray regularly for protection to the God of my faith.
There is a member here, named Rookdygin that is experienced with these things and has a generic cleansing/shielding method that many here have found very helpful. It is found on his profile page under "About me":

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

He even offers his assistance, if possible. So, you can contact him through this site if need be.
Please be aware that these ceremonies may need to be performed periodically, and might need to be done a few times initially if there is something particularly resistant or resentful. It might not be entirely happy with being evicted. I wish you the best with this unnerving situation.
Please write another story to update us if anything eventful occurs. There are indeed those here that are experienced with this and can help.

Blessings,
Lynev

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: