You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Not Scared Of Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Not Scared Of Shadow People

 

I am very spiritually sensitive. Actually, every woman in my family seems to be sensitive. As soon as I was born paranormal things started to happen to me and the people around me.

One incident being, when I was very young my mom and I lived in a single wide trailer. Now every time my mom went grocery shopping she had a routine. She would park the car close to the house, take me inside and put me in my crib (I had a crib in the kitchen/living area so she could keep an eye on me while she cooked, cleaned, etc.) Then she'd open every cabinet and the fridge so she could easily put groceries up. Weird I know, but she opened all of the cabinets and the fridge and when back to her car to grab groceries. When she came back inside, everything she had opened was closed and I was looking at the corner of the room, giggling and reaching for what seem to be nothing.

So if you've read my previous stories you know about my encounters while visiting my family in Kansas. (Keep in mind I've never experienced 'shadow people' my entire life.) So after messing with paranormal things in Kansas, weird stuff started happening to me at home. I started to see black shadowy figures that seemed to be the shape of people. And this wasn't a one-or-twice-experience. This happened everyday. So much, to the point where I got used to it. I was no longer afraid of them.

I randomly brought this up to my parents and both of them said they'd experienced these shadow people too. Which was a big surprise to me because I thought I was the only one.

I'd see them dart from room to room. Or across the kitchen. Things like that. Sometimes while I lay in bed I'd see them walk in the hallway. And I'd only see them out of the corner of my eye. And when I noticed it and focused my attention on them, they'd disappear. They've never harmed my family or I. They have done some creepy things though. Such as, opening doors, making noises such as footsteps or small bangs.

Just recently I was sitting downstairs and I heard the baby gate that separated upstairs from the downstairs, unlatch and open. Now this is not an easy task. Sometimes I have trouble opening the baby gate, but it just swiftly opened by itself, and no one else was in the house.

So my question is, why are these shadow people showing up after I started messing with paranormal things, such as playing with a Ouija board? Can these shadow people hurt my family or I? If they're safe, then I don't mind them being in the house, I don't mind sharing my house with them. Is it normal for these shadow people to be able to move things like doors, or gates?

Other hauntings by amayanoelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amayanoelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

devilschild (4 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
You really shouldent of done the oija bored sorry for spelling but that's the start seeing things then hearing things then things moveing ghost can do that and are frendly but shadows it depends you could of open something and let evil in just be carefull and call a medom in just to cheack I wood do it but I'm still in training as don't know who to control mine yet xxx good luck hunnie xxx
amayanoelle (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
[at] uniquezvbree North Augusta SC. Its right by Augusta and Aiken.

[at] tweed They don't really bother me nor do I get negative vibes from them. I feel we just share the same home.
Larkin (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
There's a large debate about what shadow people are, or what their nature is. I imagine you could discuss it for ages really...

If they show intelligent behavior then I imagine, much like people or animals, they can have different behaviors and stuff, some good, some bad. And I assume, just like other paranormal entities, they could pose a very real threat if willed to do so.

I believe Ouija Boards are tools and that when used by the right person, who knows how to properly use it, then yes, it can be used to communicate with the dead, open portals, that sort of thing.

I personally don't like to rely on peripheral vision, simply because it's unreliable at best. The fact that shadows are vanishing almost as soon as you try to focus on it suggest it may just be an optical illusion. My cat has already scared the dook out of me a few times skulking around the house.

I also believe that a large majority of Ouija Board stories are just that, people screwing around and scaring themselves. I don't think every person has the ability to use a Ouija Board properly and as a direct result, not all Ouija Board related events are genuine.

Regardless if your use of the Ouija Board was genuine or just poor coincidence remains to be seen, but it shouldn't matter, sounds like you got some guests.
uniquezvbree (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
where in South Carolina is this? I to have had many spiritual encounters in South Carolina. They have happened all my life. Like they are following me, even when I move the same spirits are with me. I try to contact them, get there first and last name, try to do research about them but its like they never exist? Possibly just spirits who never have been human.
naialexa (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
I've been sensitive to the paranormal since I was a baby too. Just like Tweed says, if they bother demand them to leave. It works for me.
Tweed I have seen a dark red eyed entity before and they don't feel friendly.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi Amayanoelle,

Firstly I recommend trusting your gut instincts on this one. If the entities start to disrupt your life in a negative way, simply ask that they stop, establish some boundaries with them. So you can coexist peacefully. If they don't respect you, then you know you have a problem. But from what you describe, and the fact you're not getting any off feelings from them, it seems they are harmless and simply enjoy letting you know they're around.

What they are exactly is so far unclear. Shadow entities, or seeing people shaped shadows move about your place, may be simply human ghosts which, being sensitive, you're able to see.
The other kind of shadow people appear as tall, made of very dark matter which is darker than an actual shadow and apparently darker than anything ever, as well as having 'glowing red eyes'. Pretty extreme, huh. I've never seen any of these but there are many stories on here with people reporting this kind of super dark red eyed entity. The red eyed variety, from all accounts, don't do much but observe the goings on at the home. They seem to be still, with calculated movements. So the ones darting from room to room may not be this kind of super extreme dark, red eyed 'what the heck' entity.
The red eyed 'what the heck' type also seem to thrive on spiritually active places, so you may have one with you. Most people tend to believe these guys are 'evil' and 'demonic' etc. As they always evoke a sense of terror in anyone who sees them, though this most likely down to their 'what the heck' appearance. (Jesus, if I saw something like that when I least expected it, I'd probably quake in terror too!) But fear aside, I've never come across an account where they do anything bad, apart from scare the crap out of people. So the title of your story is pretty on the money in my, totally inexperienced, opinion.

The only advice I can think of is work on some boundaries if you need to and trust your gut feelings.

One more thing, well done to you for not hitting the panic button! Goes to show not all haunted places are filled with doom and gloom.
Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: