You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lake House

Real Ghost Stories

Lake House

 

My Dad is an appraiser here in Tennessee. He doesn't actually buy any of the houses he appraises, but one day a few years ago he came across an old house by a Lake for our family to spend quality time in. Nothing seemed weird at first until we asked my older sister and her boyfriend to stay over. The next morning she had quite a story to tell. She told us during the night she began to feel something pressing on her chest when she opened her eyes nothing was there. Right after that she heard her boyfriend run in to tell her he saw an old woman at the end of his bed staring at him. When she told us of course we all didn't believe her. Later on we got a visit from the neighbor next door. (Take note that he was very old) We invited him inside and he began talking. A few discussions later he began to tell us the history of the house. He told us it was built in the late 1800's by a steamboat captain then years later he lived there with his Mom and brother. One very disturbing story he told is when he and his brother were playing in the Barn. He said his brother went to climb up the ladder to the second story of the barn but fell backwards and cracked his skull and soon passed away. A lot of time passed and we haven't been to our lake house, but just recently we got news that the old man next door died from natural causes. After attending his funeral that winter my Mom took a picture of the house in the snow. She looked at the image, and she noticed a tall human like figure staring out of the window. The strange thing is the old man had ginger hair when he was young, and guess what color hair the figure had in the picture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FruitTart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Hello FruitTart, apart from what your sister told about her experience and her boy friend's, no one else has experienced anything paranormal. Without further information, it is quite hard to comment except the history of the house as narrated by the neighbour. Like sheetal and Griff, I also would like to see the picture. Will you please upload it?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
Hi FruitTart, I will echo Sheetal, would you be able to upload the picture / pictures for us to see?

Thanks for sharing 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
Interesting story Fruit-tart... Will love to see photos... If you can upload them. 😁 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: