You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Man Of Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Man Of Shadows

 

This strange occurrence has be happening since I was around 8. When I was 8 me and some friends would talk about ghosts and monsters, you know being 8 years old and all, but one day I was walking home from school and I thought I saw someone following me. My house was only a few minutes away from the school so it didn't take me long to get home. When I got home I told my dad someone was following me. He went outside and we walked down the block and we didn't see anyone, so I shrugged it off and thought I imagined it. Ok so fast forward about 2 weeks later it was around dinner time at my house and I remember coming inside and going to wash up in the bath room and I went inside and closed the door then I washed up and I saw a shadow in the corner of the room. It scared me and I tried to run out of the room but it felt as if I was being held back. I grabbed the door knob but it was locked, and I never locked the door. I finally got outside the and I started crying. My parents asked what was wrong and I told them I saw the person who followed me from the school in the bath room. They looked around and they didn't see anyone there. They told me I was imagining it and to stop worrying about it. I started calling the thing the shadow because every time I saw it, it looked like a shadow. Well after that nothing happened for awhile. It had been about 2 years and I had completely forgotten about it. So it was my birthday and my parents and I went to Dollywood with my friend. We had fun during the day and at night my friend and I stayed up after my parents had gone to sleep and we were watching cartoons on TV. My friend fell asleep and I was about to and I did but I felt something shove me and I opened my eyes saw the shadow just staring down at me. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes again and started praying in my head asking God to make it go away. When I opened my eyes it was gone. Well fast forward a couple months and I was starting the 5th grade. Then I started seeing the shadow everywhere. It's like it stalked me wherever I went. I ignored it for awhile but then things started getting weird you could say. Things around the house would be moved around while the house was asleep and we would hear a loud thumping sound. My dad, the first time he heard the thump, went downstairs with a gun because we thought someone had broken into the house. No one was there. So this continued for around 3 years and we eventually grew accustomed to it. My parents knew there was something in the house with us. I was then thirteen, and I had seen the shadow a lot more over those 3 years. One night my bed room door just came open. I was really freaked out because there was literally nothing there. I didn't see the shadow. I didn't see anything. After that I started going to church again. I hung a cross in my room on my door and one above my bed. I guess t stopped whatever was happening because the loud thumps downstairs stopped. My door hadn't opened again. I didn't see the shadow for awhile. Now every once in awhile i'll see the shadow again but that's it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NCrules01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Hello:

If this entity does return and makes you feel uncomfortable, you can always do a house blessing/shielding which the member who commented before me (Rookdygin) has been kind enough to share with us in detail on his profile page. Many here attest to it, and you can access it by clicking on his name and looking under "About me".

Kind Regards,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
I think I am going to say Poltergiest with this one... It started when you were younger... Tried to scare you the one time by 'sitting' on you... But instead of 'freaking out' you said a prayer... Not the 'energetic reaction' the 'spirit' was looking for.

Then as you grew older... It was able to 'maintain' itself from your 'energy' levels as you went through puberty... But things reached a point with your Faith and your energy levels did not meet its needs anymore so it 'left'.

Thanks for sharing and Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: