You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Haunted Book Shelf

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Book Shelf

 

We just moved to north carolina and the house me and my family moved into was built back in the early 1960's. It was back in the woods where a battlefield used to be and also a graveyard. I was about 9 at the time. There was this old fireplace in the living room and beside it was a old built-in book shelf with attached books that pulled open into a hide-a-way room, like a panic room.

Me and my family were watching a movie one saturday night in the living room, but we still had 1 lamp on so we could still see each other. We heard a squeak and the room from the bookshelf was exposed. I got so scared, my mom told me that it was probably open and my dog pushed it open even more.

Getting ready for school on sunday, me and my mother were watching tv around 7 o'clock and one of the books from the bookshelf came flying across the living room in mid-air, hit the wall and dropped. I about peed in my pants. We don't know what happened and ever since then, weird things were happening around that house.

One night, we had those shades that when you pull them, they roll up because we were in the process of ordering new ones. One night, in my room while I was asleep, they suddenly popped up. I was taking a bath and I always shut the door but when I was drying off, I saw it was locked, which I didn't do. I got locked in the bathroom and we had to call the landlord because my parents couldn't get me out.

I am 16 now and I believe in ghosts, weird things happen to me and I see things. But thank god we moved... into a brand new house!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morgan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-03)
Travis, I think you may have got your wires crossed there my friend.

There's two separate instances the author is writing about.

1."One night, we had those shades that when you pull them, they roll up because we were in the process of ordering new ones. One night, in my room while I was asleep, they suddenly popped up."

2. "I was taking a bath and I always shut the door but when I was drying off, I saw it was locked, which I didn't do. I got locked in the bathroom and we had to call the landlord because my parents couldn't get me out."

Cheers

Mack
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
WTF! 😆

I know this one is old but boy it's frigging fake

One night, in my room while I was asleep, they suddenly popped up. I was taking a bath and I always shut the door but when I was drying off

Dude u must be a sleepbather 😆 😜
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I am wondering if perhaps someone who was forced to hide out in the panic room was still there, Morgan. It seems like most of the activity in the home was around that bookcase. The shade in your bedroom I can not really say much about as we had some shades once that just because they were old, they used to pop up on their own. The "stopper" or whatever it is really called just wore out and prevented them from staying down.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Sounds like maybe some type of poltergeist activity as usually they like to move items and manipulate items. They thrive off of fear and anxiouness. Tell 'it' you are not afraid, tell it to leave in the name of the Lord, place a cross in the rooms of your house, especially the bed rooms, if this falls within your belief system.

From some of my research, it has been noted that sometimes the poltergeist activity will fizzle itself out in about 3 months.

God Bless!
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
+3
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Pretty Intresting... My house has those shades and they pop up too... I think its a ghost playing tricks on me... They tend to like jokes 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: