You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hit With A Book In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Hit With A Book In The Dark

 

I think I was about 13 years old when the following event happened to me. It was on a winter night and I had just gotten into bed and covered myself with my heavy blanket. I had my door shut as I always had so my cats wouldn't wake me up at night by walking all over me.

I was just laying there on my side where in front of me I could see my cupboard, waiting to fall asleep.

After laying there a little while and I just gotten a little sleepy, I saw from the left corner of my eyesight a strong colored red book (which I had noticed was weird since it was dark in my room and the color was so clear and strong - like a black and white picture with only a red color in it). I could see the side of the book because it was slowly moving into the center of my sight horizontally and had golden page edges.

I could see a hand holding it so, a wrinkly hand that seemed kind of creepy and I could feel myself freezing, almost not able to move even if I wanted to. In a matter of seconds the book sort of disappeared and suddenly I felt a big loud and painful bang on my head. It felt like the book's hard cover that hit my head so strongly and my head was beaming with pain. I can remember also hearing the bang of the book against my skull.

I was so scared that I got under my blanket completely and breathed deeply and my heart was racing. I felt that my body was in total shock as well as I was overwhelmed. I could feel the presence of this being around me - whatever it was, and until I could calm myself down and somehow try to give myself any excuse of what it was - I didn't get out of under my blanket. I was never so awake and aware of everything around me in my life. It took me a few minutes to convince myself to get my head out of the blanket, also because it got so hot and hard to breath under the heavy blanket.

This 'thing' wasn't there anymore and I don't recall ever seeing it ever again since this incident, even though I had a similar experience 3 years ago, that I was hit by something not so explainable where I was at a memorial for fallen soldiers. In this incident I closed my eyes (also winter, wearing a heavy sweater) and something sort of punched me strongly on my side - two people were far away from me so it couldn't have been them.

I don't deal with these things usually but the experience with the book left me with lots of questions, none of them answered over the years. I did speak about this with some close friends of mine and none of them could give me a satisfying explanation, neither could I find something similar to this on the internet.

I know I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating this and this site seems like a good place to share this, so if you can give me an idea of what this was I'd be so grateful!

Thank you so much for reading this!

-Lacy-Dawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lacy-Dawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lacy-Dawn (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
I don't recall seeing any title (it could've been helpfull though...). The book appeared with the hand, I've never had or seen this kind of book in my life.

Prateek-Soni, it never happened to me... Have you written about it?
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
I am also curious to know what the book was and whether or not you owned it. Please let us know.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Lacy-Dawn - did you by any chance see what the title of the book was? And was the book one of yours or did it just "appear" along with the hand? Maybe being hit over the head with the book was some kind of clue to something you are/were supposed to do 😉
prateek-soni (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
thats what always happens to me when I'm kind of sleepy and lying straight. Somthing always pull my blanket and I can't speak and move that time and I also see some monks following me everytime and only I can see them is this happens to you?
Cooldude6919 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Wow cool story really enjoyed it I hope the ghost dosent through anything else

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: