You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Glowing White Light

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing White Light

 

Have you ever been scared out of your mind before? I have and this is exactly what happened to me the night I probably will never forget. It was around eight o'clock, it was getting dark. My neighbor tripped me and I fell to the ground. I laid there as he walked away. I kept trying to scare my little sister, my neighbor, and my two little cousins all night long. So I got up from where I was laying and knocked on the window.

They knew it was me so after a while I got bored of knocking, then ran back to lay down in the damp grass. I got up and walked over to go inside, when I saw this bright glowing white light, across from me, run as fast as it could go across my grandparents field. What ever it was, it had a glowing white body with an old styled hat with a bow tied round it. After I saw it, I was in shock, so I kind of just stopped. After realizing I had just seen the supernatural, I ran for the basement door crying. I told my grandfather and he said he had seen a ghost once when he was younger, which he had lived in the house next door (being my great grandmother's) for years.

I was so freaked out, I don't go back out that way during the night, I stay on the other side of the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Desiree, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

janeebgood (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
Seen that white light figure, too. I don't know what it was. I'm not sure if it was a ghost. I was looking for answers here. Unfortunately I can't find any.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I agree with Whitebuffalo on this one...lol.
Seems it was a night for everyone trying to scare everyone else. But why did the neighbour trip you in the first place? Because you were scaring people?
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Karma, Sweetie. Pure and simple karma Desiree. My Grandmother, when I was young, used to say "Ask and you WILL receive, so be extremely careful what you ask for..." I never really understood that until I got much older. It makes me wish I had spent more time listening to her words of wisdom and less time thinking she was a nut case! Seems she could have helped me out a lot more growing up than what I allowed. Thank you for your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Do you have any idea of the hostory of the land? I aagree with Shane, sometimes those who try to frighten others end up seeing or experiemcing something terrifying and unexplainable. Having so much fear that you won't go back into the yard only punishes you. Take the fear and go back to the yard. Tell 'them' that you are not afraid and they should cross over. Say a prayer and wear a cross. Fear often only feeds them and makes their power to stay visible stronger.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Never fails to surprise me when someone is out to frighten others and the only one ending up frightened is the one trying to do the frightening. Thanks for the story Desiree.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: