You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Glowing Red Eyes In The Backyard

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Red Eyes In The Backyard

 

My second story takes me back to Mexico at my grandpas house.

I am about 8 years old visiting my grandpa and his housekeeper in the slums of Mexico.

My grandpa has a cement and brick house with a road directly in front, and a large backyard about 30' by 60' with a large 8' tall solid brick wall around the entire back yard.

One night while sleeping in the front of the house I woke up on my cot, and I wanted to play with my bag of marbles.

I loved to shoot the marbles at each other and hear the clicks as they hit each other.

I am not afraid as I open the bedroom door, and walk down the center hallway that leads to the backyard.

There is a back patio with a roof cover and and a small outhouse away from the house and the backyard is pitch black. It is very silent outside, there is no noise from the chicken coup in the back of the yard.

The only light is coming from the patio which is make of bricks, the floor is cement.

I am the only one awake, and I begin to play marbles, I start hitting them back and forth within the space of the patio.

I go to hit a marble facing the backyard and I shoot it and miss, the marble goes rolling fast into the dark.

As I look up I see 2 glowing red eyes staring back at me, a few feet off the ground.

These eyes are demonic shaped, and glowing bright red.

I immediately jump up and run back to my room and jump in the bed, I cover myself with a blanket and fall asleep.

I can't remember if I told my parents about it, but it scared me that I never went out back at night.

Other hauntings by stewieguy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stewieguy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-29)
I think in this case you probably saw an animal. Foxes, owls, possums, rats and many other small critters have eyes that glow red in the dark.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-23)
Hi stewieguy

Firstly I'd say that you must have been a really brave kid to play marbles at that part of the night outside. Apart from the glowing red eyes were there any other distinctive features to suggest that it could be a wild animal? Certain animals eyes tend to reflect different colors in the light.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: