You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strangest Ghost Story With Proof Or Not

Real Ghost Stories

Strangest Ghost Story With Proof Or Not

 

This is one of those stories that has proof, or rather lack of proof which is the proof. Just read further to understand. Also this is one of those stories that makes one wonder just who is the ghost here, given all the paranormal strange things me and my family has experienced over the years. But there has never been proof until now, even though it's really a lack of proof here that proves something is very weird that's going on. So let's begin the story.

I sat up my Sony handheld camcorder on a wall mounted shelf facing the door. This is all the way on the other side of the room, by the way. So it's set to record, and facing my door. No idea why I really did this, I just like to record sometimes, at random time, of random things. So after I set up the recorder, I went out of my room by opening that door and closing it behind me that the cam is pointed at.

Since my daughter had said she wanted to go to the store to get some drinks. I said to her are you ready to go, but she said no, not yet, that she needed time to get ready. I said ok just let me know when your ready to go.

I went back to my room, opened the door, closed it and sat at my computer to watch a movie I had saved. I watched maybe 3 to 5 minutes with the sound turned up on the movie. By the way my Sony camcorder records sound as well as video. I then turned the movie off, went back to my door. Opened it went out, closed it and walked in my daughter's room just as she was coming in her other door, her room has two doors.

She said someone is at the front door. I said who, she said I don't know, a man. I thought it must be the man coming to fix our internet, given the internet and phone had went off the night before and we called it in. I went to the front door, and he said he needed to see the battery box to our fiber optics, which by the way is in my room. We went to my room, I opened the door, we went in, I closed the door since my electric wall heater was on. He looked at the box and its green light was on. He said well that looks ok.

We left the room the same way, went outside and he looked at the fiber optics box outside and then after a bit of checking it with a meter he said it's getting no power from the inside battery box. We went back in, back into my room through the same door, and he took the battery fiber optics box apart and said it's not working right, that he needed to replace it. We left my room, went back outside and he went to his truck to get a new box.

We went back into my room and he put the new box in which took maybe 10 minutes at the most to put in. We then went back out of my room, back outside as he checked the light in the fiber optics box outside to be sure it was working. And it was, so the internet and phone then was back working. Now remember all this time I had my camcorder facing the door inside my room which would see anyone opening my door or coming in or out my door.

Me and my daughter went to the store shortly after all this and by the time we got back my camcorder's battery had died as it was still filming. I took the recorder and put it on charge then copied the video from the camcorder to my computer and started playing it.

It showed it had filmed 37 minutes until it stopped because the battery had drained. But as I watched the 37 minutes of video, all I see is my door. No one is coming in my door nor going out of it. I hear my fish bubbler running in my aquarium on the video. I see my pants hanging on the wall as one leg is in the video and it's moving since I had my fans on. I even hear in the video my electric wall heater cutting on and off at times as it makes a loud racketing from the fan on it. But there is no one, no people, no person going in or out of my door. There is no way this could not have been recorded all the times I went in and out of my room, along with the phone repair guy who put a new fiber optics battery backup box in my room to replace the old one.

So how could no one show up in the video, nothing by my door? I have no idea but this is a true story. And I have the video to prove it or rather, if you prefer, the video that has no proof that proves it because it should have recorded me and the repair man going in and out of my room several times.

I even remember one time while he went to his truck to get something I left the door open as I went to the bathroom to take a quick pee. But as I said no people are on video, just my door, and the sounds of my aquarium bubbler doing its thing, and sounds of the wall heater coming on and off.

So you tell me, who is the ghost here? It makes me wonder sometimes lol.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stevensrd1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Steven...if you had by chance pressed the 'pause' button, wouldn't everything have stopped? No noise from the aquarium or fans and no movement from the trousers? This really is a weird one!
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Spooky! Parallel universes and all that. I'd try recording again to make sure it wasn't operator or camcorder error.
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
If you don't have a timer with the date and time of the video, you can't be sure if what you are seeing (or not seeing) coincide with the time of the recording,

My suggestion is for you to try it again and be very mindful of the time and duration of the video, 😳

Also it could be that the recorder is not working properly, try recording the cars going by or something that can prove it actually records 😜,
Be well.
Whodat (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Are the date and time displayed on the recording? That would tell if you had accidentally watched an earlier video instead of the one from that day. I used to have a camcorder I recorded with all the time and sometimes I would push the wrong button at the wrong time and then get confused later on.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hi stevensrd1, welcome to YGS. It could be that it paused through as Rook suggested but it is quite difficult to say. Like Val suggested, if you had tried to recording again in the same place, perhaps you might have known. Still strange experience and encounter. No quantum theory works here Manafon1. Only it is quite intriguing. And in all the paranormal activities, if you ask for proof, it is quite difficult. That is what makes this subject quite interesting and yes, believable.

By the way, when did this happen and if it had happened recently, why don't you just try recording again like Val suggested and test the results.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-24)
Another thought... How close is the pause button to the record button? Is it possible that after starting to record the pause button was also pressed... Causeing 37 minutes of 'paused' video to be 'captured?

Respectfully,

Rook
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-24)
I was wondering if it's possible you hit "play" instead of record and what you then watched was from an earlier random recording session? Some recording miscue seems more plausible than you and a repairman not being picked up on a camcorder. Of course the theory of multiverses or other quantum weirdness could be at play. Aussiedaz would be the person to chime in here 😊.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-24)
That is just plain weird! Have you tried recording again and see if you get the same results?
Chandu2001 (1 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-10-24)
Strange... Are you, your daughter and the fixer all ghosts?... 😜 😜 😜 just kidding... Stevensrd1
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-24)
stevensrd1 this is something creepy you knew that you have came from that door but nothing has recorded in the camera... Really strange 😨 If I would have your place... The same question have arrived in my mind... Between does your camera has any function which can stretch the same short span video upto 37 minutes.

Do you have any other happening in your home? Does your house has any bad history?
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-23)
Pretty confusing! I don't understand what might have occured during your filming but am sure it had something to do with ghosts/spirits tampering with your camcorder

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: