You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Kid Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Kid Experiences

 

Before I even get into my story I strongly and firmly believe children are more sensitive to paranormal than an adult was. I think probably all children at some point had an experience and either forget it or suppress it. For me I remember I could never sleep on Halloween night. There was something about it, the energy perhaps, that prevented me from sleeping. Any way, here are a few experiences I remember having as a child. Hope you enjoy them.

One Halloween in particular I remember very vividly. I was laying in bed unable to sleep as I normally am on Halloween and my attention was drawn to my door. I happened to glance in the space above my door (it was probably about 3 feet of wall) and there was a shadow of a skeleton above my doorframe. There wasn't anything in my room and there was nothing on my ceiling that could explain the shadow or make it appear. I remember being frozen in fear and unable to get up or call for help, but after closing my eyes a few times the shadow eventually disappeared. I couldn't of been any older than 7 or 8, but still at 29 I still remember that image very vividly. It wasn't the full skeleton. The legs were cut off, so it was mostly the skull, rib area and pelvis. I don't know or think that played any significance, but I vividly remember seeing a skeleton unexplained on the wall.

I don't remember if this was the same night or later down the road, but in my bedroom I had a wooden highchair my grandfather made me for my dolls. I remember looking over at night and it took the shape of a black cat. Other things in my room would take forms of other things too as if I was in a scary version of Alice in Wonderland. The cat was black with long whiskers and had huge white eyes that seemed to see right through me. Just like the first episode I remember being unable to move just being frozen in shock... Or fear perhaps.

Lately I've had a lot of my childhood memories come back and many of them did involve something paranormal. I will share my experiences as I remember them and I always appreciate feedback.

Other hauntings by chria29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chria29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-11)
Chria29,interesting. I haven't known as far as my experiences with shadow figures/people,to be bad. I know they linger, and are scary to those who aren't used their presence. But I will say everyone's experiences are different. Thanks for writing your account. Very interesting 😊
Xakie (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
...thank you for responding Miracles51031 and I will or should have some of my stories up by tomorrow... It is just from my experiences I just thought they are all evil are there actually good ones? So well I might be wrong I guess me being an empath makes it difficult to see different views do you think that the bad ones are just attracted to me? Well anyhow thank you so much Miracles51031! Be sure to read my stories or experiences! 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Xakie: Please do share your experiences, as many of us have particular interest in shadow people. But, I'd like to ask you to do so by submitting your accounts to the site. Please read and follow the submissions guidelines (you can find them by clicking the link at the bottom of the page). Bear in mind that too many spelling and/or punctuation errors will get your story returned, unpublished.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Hai chria29... Your story remind me of the same figure I saw when I was about 10 or 11... The same skeleton figure... Did anything happen in your family after the sighting?...the reason I ask is because one week after I saw the skeleton, we got news one of my relative has pass away... I always saw the skeleton figure as a sign something sad going to happen as every time I saw the skeleton we will get news someone in our family (close or distant) or friends pass away or sick... I agree with miracle they are not evil...

Xakie... Since you said you have had three incidents please share with us your experienced with the shadow figures...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Xakie - because the ones I've seen have not given any indication they even cared I was there. They did not emit any bad energy nor did they try and scare me to death. I am not the only one who has experienced benign Shadow Men. There are many stories on here that say the same.
Xakie (8 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
...So question Miracles51031 what makes you think there not all evil I really want to know why what has happened to you to make you think That...? 😕
Xakie (8 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
...Shadow people are very much so evil. They will deceive you into thinking otherwise. I have had three incidents with shadow people. They are lost ones but lost for a reason. They project other emotions like sorrow to get you to feel empathy to them like I stated before they are lost because of an act they committed and it is never a good act. Sort of like spirits bound to a place however these shadow people are those who refuse to accept what they have done and are trapped. They will try anything to get others to experience there pain they want to see you suffer like them not anything else to consume you. Please for the good of all yourselves refrain from as much contact with them as possible. The reason I know this is I have had three encounters where the shadow people attached to me and I feel for the fake emotions they put out and it took me 8 years to get rid of the first one STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE DANGEROUS! Okay and I do know this is right I am an empath so that was how I found out just how evil they were yeah the fake emotions tricked me but once you get through all that its nothing but evil please for your own safety stay away from them so I am going to give you my opinion Miracles51031 yes they are and not trying to start anything but can you show me or tell me any incidents that prove otherwise cause I would be so interested as to know why you think that... And there is a difference between visitors and shadow people...
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Wish-Not

The story I shared about the cat I think might of just been my kid mind messing with me although I still can't explain how or why it happened.

As for the other story of the skeleton I remember the moment so vaguely it could of happened last night. I wasn't imagining it and there wasn't anything in my room that could project the shadow.

Thanks for your opinions though. It's always good to have all possibilities analyzed.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
WillowWaly - I have come to the conclusion that for some people seeing ghosts/spirits can be a bit like racism. When someone sees a black shadow, automatically it is considered negative/evil/bad. Yet a white mist, for instance, is likened to a guardian angel/good ghost. Just because a ghost appears to us in black form doesn't make it bad.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Miracles, that was refreshing to read. I think there is a bit too much jumping to 'IT'S EVIL!' in paranormal circles, no matter what the phenomenon (shadow people, ghostly apparitions, poltergeist noises, Ouija board stuff, etc.). Sure, maybe it IS evil; but maybe it isn't. Why make instant negative assumptions at the outset? It influences everything else you see.

I'm afraid of several things; but I also have anxiety disorder. Lol. My rational brain knows VERY well several of those things are not harmful, much less evil, in reality! The fact that this-or-that thing makes *me* uneasy does NOT mean it's evil, negative, what have you. In a larger sense, I think this principle applies to paranormal-y stuff too.

In spite of folks speaking with great authoritah on the subject (and I've known plenty of those, for a quarter century plus), none of us really know what the deal is. We should keep our minds cautious but open. At least in my opinion.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
chria29- As I read your story I had a thought. Bear with me, it is hunting season here in AR. There is a period of time as the woods wakes in the morning that the light is just finding it's way into the woods. My 'mindset' is DEER! I am able to make the oddest shapes look like deer. I'm positive I am seeing one only to find it is not when it is light enough to see the difference. There is the same type of period as the sunlight leaves the woods. My point is, it was my mind was so set on DEER that I was fooled often.
You said it was Halloween night, maybe the previous days activities had your 'mindset' on such things.
Just a thought.
Thanks for sharing. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
chria - I know you addressed this question to Xakie, but I'm going to give you my opinion. No, all shadow figures are not evil.
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
[at] Spockie
That's awesome that someone else has had a similar experience as me. I wonder what it means? I saw the skeleton on Halloween night so I'm not sure if that has some significance to what I saw or not.

[at] Xakie
Are all shadow figures evil? I had a presence of a shadowy "mist" in my last apartment and although I felt like the energy was sad/full of pain I didn't sense actual danger.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
That's very interesting about the skeleton, because when I was a little girl, about five years or so old, I saw the shadow of a skeleton on the wall, too.
Xakie (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
...You will most likely remember much more when you grow up don't be afraid of them I still have some incidents even now. Especially with the shadow people take my advice and STAY away from them they are a dangerous type of ghost. They can attach to you and cause harm...
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Hello chria29 --
My goodness nearly every story I read on YGS brings back some memory of my own. Nothing like you just wrote about, but something you said at the outset:

That children have experiences that they forget. I had a ghost of sorts (a visitor I had in my bedroom when I was a child) say exactly that very thing to me, that we ALL have a visit (from a guardian angel) and that we (most all) for whatever reason soon forget. I've found that troubling for over 60 years. How could anyone forget, but apparently it's true. Maybe our lives get too tangled and too detailed and such visitations just simply get pushed to the back burner... And all too soon forgotten. Seems a waste doesn't it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: