You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Experience At A Cousins House

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Experience At A Cousins House

 

I have 2 older sisters, and we were younger we were staying over at a cousin's home for around a month during our school vacation break. I was around 8-10 years old at the time, and my sisters in their late teens. The 3 of us were sharing a bed in the guest bedroom which did not have a working light. I slept in the middle, with my sisters on either side of the bed.

My sister at the edge of the bed suddenly woke us up in the middle of the night, she was terrified. Let's call her sister P. Sister A and I woke up wondering why she was insisting that there was a spirit which walked past her and into the room. We did not really believe Sister P at first and did not understand why she was so spooked. Sister A and I actually thought that it was some sort joke at first. However Sister P was adamant and just so so terrified.

It was midsummer, nights were very hot and sweaty. My sweat on my body suddenly turned ice cold. I felt the presence in the room, at the end of the end near a dresser. It was pure evil, I could feel it. I was so scared. I started talking to Sister P about it and we both agreed. Sister A, who is the eldest and the least believing, also started feeling the same. I felt that it was a male presence, but a strong male. It felt stronger than a human male, something larger than human.

I do not know what that spirit was, except that it was evil. We felt it so strongly, without seeing it. We also heard its footsteps in the room. It was the most scary encounter I have ever had.

We found out those family members whom we stayed with were not the best people years on. They dabbled in the occult. I know have no contact with them now as it is my choice.

I am a pure religious God-fearing person, and although I believe firmly that no spirits can cause me actual harm, what scares me is the unknown. Why did that evil spirit come to us in that room that night like that? Why do we have these encounters, and others don't?

Please send your advice.

Much appreciated.

Regards to all who have encountered anything scary, that now even well in our adulthood we can never forget about it.

Written by Sister K.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-22)
Dear KS, thank you for sharing your story! As to the "why" you mentioned you were 8 - 10 and you sisters were older, right? If either or both of your older sisters were in puberty, they were the right age for spirit beings to use for energy - almost like batteries. Many hauntings seem to have an adolescent in the home for this reason.
KS (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-06)
And yes, that family still lives there. I really wonder why because to me they must have had way more paranormal experiences than what I know, judging by how strong that spirit it there. If it was me, I would've sold that house so fast lol. Or at least made an effort to do some sort of blessing/cleansing prayer etc.
KS (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-06)
Hi all.

I don't think we could ever substantiate rumours of that nature, unless we are witness to those evil acts taking place, which if of course not possible unless we are in that home when it is taking place.

But there is plenty of reason to believe that it is true.

My aunt who lived there who is the mother of those cousins passed on at just 55 years old. She was unnaturally sick for a long time. I think 55 is quite a young age.

I have another aunt who had a similar experience when staying over at that house. She went to the bathroom at night for a midnight pee break. She saw a male shadow on the bathroom door and thought that it was a male family member... But it turned out that it wasn't. She did not share too many details about it but she was really traumatized by that experience. I think that it did that to her to scare her. Or to make its presence known to her.

I don't have any contact with those family members for years as their behavior is not suitable to being around. I find them jealous vindictive and feel like they will use whatever evil powers they have on others to benefit themselves with no conscious.

I believe in God and God alone. I will not associate myself with something that makes me feel uncomfortable just for the sake of family.

I personally believe in distancing ourselves from the occult or any thing spooky for lack of a better word. These things can just cause an unnecessary nuisance in our lives.
Rajine (14 stories) (769 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-05)
Hi KS

Reading your story and comment I'm really shocked at the lengths some people will go to gain wealth, I think it's a good idea that you and your family cut all contact with these people, unfortunately we can choose our friends but not our family.

I'm just wondering if you or your sisters eventually did tell your parents about your experience? I can imagine what large family gatherings are like with those family members around (assuming they are invited)
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-05)
Hello RS and thanks for sharing your story! Plenty of people have these kinds of encounters, this site alone is full of them. Some people have worse encounters, some rather light. You are not alone.

Is that family still living in the same home as when you stayed with them? You mentioned hearing rumors about the family, were any of them substantiated or were they all just that, stories?

I think what you girls experienced that night was purposely trying to scare you. Some darker spirits actually try to elicit fear from those they encounter and feed off from it. Fear is a strong energy and those entities with malicious or evil intentions resonate with that kind of energy, rather than a higher vibration like love. It sounds like your other cousin had a similar encounter that same night, but since she didn't seem to be bothered that much by it, it was more of an annoyance to her, then it might have targeted you and your sisters, since it didn't get what it wanted from your cousin.

There could be something in that house that is influencing the family's behavior, that's why I wonder if they still live there. I would definitely honor your feelings, if it doesn't feel right then by all means, steer clear of that side of the family.

Hopefully this helps, Good Luck!
KS (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-04)
Dear lady-glow.

Thank you for your comment.

I tried to keep my story brief, but let me add on some details.

My sisters told me not to speak about the encounter with anyone, especially with those cousins and also to hide it from our parents. We decided to just cut our stay short and ask our parents to take us home early.

I was the youngest so I listened to my sisters.

The next morning when we met with one of my cousins in their living room area, she complained that the devil was dancing on her roof all night. Those were her actual words. She did not seem very spooked and said it in a way which implied that they are used to it.

A few years on, we heard plenty of rumours about those cousins of mine.

Some of them being:

That they have dabbled in the occult in order to gain more wealth.

That they have used the occult to kill their mother (my aunt) in order to gain her wealth in inheritance.

That a cousin of mine who lived there at the time allows her young daughter who was a little girl at rhe the time (younger than me) get raped every night by a spirit in exchange for wealth in that house.

That family went from being nice to us to really horrible to us in a matter of a few years. Not by any of our actions. We were told that they are very envious of my sisters and I as we grew up.

That is why I chose to completely cut all contact. I am still scared from all that I have known and felt and I do not want to be close to all of that stuff.

I don't wish anyone bad at all, but I would rather be completely away from all of that stuff as much as I can as I used to be scared as a child that whatever it was that we had in that room would follow me home and worry me there.

I hope this answers your questions.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-04)
Welcome to YGS.

Hello KS.

In my opinion, it's difficult to answer your questions based on the little information provided by your narrative.

"Why do we have these encounters, and others don't?"

I'm not sure if by the above sentence you're implying that you and your sisters had more than one experience of this nature, and if you asked other people if they had encounter this entity.
Did you talk to your cousin about this spirit? If such was the case, what did s/he say?

Are you aware if your cousin and their family were already dabbling in the occult when you girls were there?
Did they ever mention their home being haunted?
How long have they lived there?

I know you were very young when this happened and, probably, discussing the paranormal with adults would have been out of the question, but perhaps now you have learnt more about your relatives' life style.

I would consider one of two possibilities:

If they were already dealing with the occult, that they attracted a negative presence to their home and this entity was either curious about you and your sisters, or making sure to make its presence known to you.

Or the house was occupied by this presence before they moved in and it influenced your relatives behavior. Perhaps they began trying to communicate with it, and things escalated after that.

All the above it's just my opinion.

Praying for them and sending them light wouldn't hurt your relatives, even if you don't keep in touch any more. It's hard to say if they are in such situation by choice or if they are victims or something sinister.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: