You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Shadow Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Shadow Figure

 

I'm fifteen years old, I live in Western Australia and I have no idea if I'm going crazy or there is another presence in my house.

So it began about last year when I woke up in the middle of the night. I had a really strange urge to check on my parents- as if something was wrong. So I got out of bed and walked to my parents' room. But what I saw I couldn't explain. About a metre from their bed there was a... Figure, it was thin and tall, resembled the shape of a person somewhat- but it was also just a shadow.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but I was paralysed with fear. I felt like I couldn't move, but I also couldn't drag my eyes away from this thing. It didn't move, but it seemed to reposition itself strangely, as if it was turning to look at me. Then it disappeared. I was finally able to move and I quickly ran back to my room and into bed.

As I was laying in my bed I saw the figure just standing against the wall in my room, and the moment I saw it, it seemed to charge towards me. I wanted to scream but once again I was come over with the feeling of not being able to move or talk or anything. Luckily it disappeared the moment it touched my bed.

The next morning I was still terrified, so I decided the check on my parents just in case. They were fine but the moment I stepped into their room I got goosebumps all up my arms. My cat didn't enter my parents' or my room for a few days after that incident.

Since the first incident I began to notice small things every few weeks, like a shadow in a reflection dashing past so fast.

Now last night I woke up in the middle of the night once again. But this time I was just freezing cold. I heard footsteps (and it wasn't my cat, because the footsteps sounded more human) around my room and these extremely unusual sounds that I just can't decipher. I tried to pull my blanket up but as I tugged it felt like someone was holding onto the other end, stopping me from being able to move it. I was terrified and cold.

The next morning everything was fine, and when I questioned my family about it they said they didn't hear anything.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nfoj00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FireFaerie13 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
This... This is too eeriely close to what I experienced (and have been trying to muster the courage to write about here).

I've been reading stories on here to see if anyone has experienced the same thing.

I truly do not know what it was, but I had the same feelings. Overwhelming urge to get up and check on something, seeing a thin shadow man... My cat being bothered by it and most of all: being paralysed. With fear? I don't know. But I could not move or take my eyes away from it.

My question to you; did you feel as if this figure/being continued to stay in your life for years after or only the few smaller things here and there?
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-20)
Two things you have said resonated with me: that you felt paralyzed with fear and that the figure seemed to charge at you. I experienced similar sensations in my shadow-person encounter, which you can read about, if interested, by clicking on my name. I am still puzzled by what happened to me so many years ago, and I'm always looking for people who have had similar experiences. Thanks for posting.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-13)
Hey Nfoj00, thanks for clarifying my question. I'm sure fellow users of this site will now be able to assist you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Nfoj00, thanks for getting back to us.

There's been a lot of stories on here involving tall shadow figures scaring people in relatively new or renovated dwellings or neighbourhoods. It gets me wondering if these tall shadow figures are connected to the general area in a protective capacity. Also wonder if these scary encounters are largely a case of mistaken identity.

Think of it this way, humans are the most destructive species on the planet. If you're a nature spirit you probably want to quell what must be perceived as senseless destruction. A newly built neighbourhood or home often includes demolition of previous homes and surrounding habitat or gardens. For a nature spirit all this probably means hell on Earth. Soo, what to do?

Well, you'd probably want a quiet word with whomever is responsible. But you're a shadowy tall stoic ghostly entity and all these dudes in bulldozers apparently can't hear or see your protests. Bit frustrating all that. Sooo, what do you do?

Maybe, once the dust settles and with that machinery gone, you attempt to have another quiet word with the humans. Except by this time the land has been severely plundered and you're perhaps just a little bit pissed off. But wait, here's a bunch of humans. They sleep here too. Well, if they're sleeping here they must be the same humans who operated that machinery a while back...

...Meanwhile, on YGS, some poor person reports a gut wrenching shadow person encounter.

I could be completely wrong and this is opinion only. It seems to me the adage 'give back to the land what you take' could be a running theme with the type of entity you're describing. There's a bunch of other shadow figures which are perhaps semi-manifested human ghosts. But the tall lanky ones crop up a lot in forests, nature reserves and the like. Or in the homes of redeveloped or altered locations where they nearly always stand around and stare whilst giving off a sense of dread. Which isn't very nice, yet at the same time could be a case of mistaken identity.

Look into cleansing/shielding. Here's the link to Rook's page, he has a great method:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
If my nature spirit theory holds merit you won't exactly get rid of them because they're not really 'evil', only misunderstood. But your home will likely give off a non-threatening vibe to this shadow figure.😊
Nfoj00 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hey Tweed, I'm not sure if this counts as a disturbance to the property but there has been a lot of renovations in my area- the neighbour rebuilt their house, we got a deck kind of thing built outside and I think a few other houses on our street were built. I suppose this all did happen around last year, but I don't think there was any current changes.
Nfoj00 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hey PB, I'm not quite sure how to properly reply to comments so I hope this works, but no- I don't believe anything too major has happened between the two events- aside from the random shadows and reflections. This is probably why I also found this so strange, because I didn't think it was normal for spirits to disappear for a year without any major disturbances.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hi NfoJOO- Like I had said in a previous post about I am far from a expert... I had an experience with a shadow man when I was fifteen years old that experience terrified me, but as I have over the years learned more about the paranormal it hasn't been to bad. I never had known of a shadow person who makes a room cold which leads me to think this could possibly be a human whom has hid their identity, the more fear you produce during these experiences the more they draw from your energy. Maybe something happened on the property or house, try to do some research about the history of the land that you live on. Keep us posted
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hi Nfoj00, thanks for sharing.

Bit of a strange question here. Has there been any change to the property or near by properties in recent times?

Sorry this figure scared you, charging at your bed like that. Not exactly friendly. 😕

It's cool you had an instinct to check on your parents. Seems like this individual is pissed off and blames them. Hazard a guess 'it' was reading them somehow or perhaps attempting to manipulate their dreams. I don't know, but following and charging at you seems like at attempt to keep you away, stop you from interrupting something.

I ask about changes to properties because I'm wondering if it's a kind of nature spirit upset about disturbances to the property, land or general location.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Scary experience really, nonetheless I have a question for you because i'm kind of confused. You said something about the activities starting last year and after that it occured in just few weeks then you went straight to the night before you posted this story. My question is simple, 'Have you not experienced a major incident since last year up until the start of this month?' Pls ensure you give feedback to enable members of this site assist you as I can't say I have a lasting solution for your problem.
With Respect...PB!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: