You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Becky The Guardian Angel

Real Ghost Stories

Becky The Guardian Angel

 

I was at my cousin Becky's funeral. I was standing by her casket petrified while everyone else was in the back of the room by the sign-in. I was just staring at her pale face when I heard someone whisper, "Ryan". It sounded like my cousin Becky but... How could she whisper shout to me if she was in front of my face dead in a casket? I turned around, there was no one near me the only thing that had moved was the stuffed Kermit the Frog on a stool (she loved the Muppets).

About a month after the funeral, I was in social studies reading the book when someone started playing with my hair. I hate people playing with my hair. But anyway, I didn't think much of it. I just thought it was the girl behind my seat. The hair playing continued until I turned around and asked the girl behind me why she was playing with my hair and she said she hadn't turned around. Then I realized she couldn't have done it because she is like a yard away from me. That's when I thought it was Becky because she loved hair, jewelry, clothes, and etc.

Becky still contacts me today when I'm aimlessly asking questions to the air and saying knock over this jewelry if yes or move this string if yes. She once made my phone glide gently to the floor when my friend was in the room alone with the cell phone and her apparently.

I've been told that I'm a medium because I could here Becky after she died. You can tell me what that means in the comments because I'm still pretty confused as to how I can hear that kind of stuff and on rare occasions see that kind of stuff. Let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ryan_Elizabeth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flowersgrowback (5 stories) (22 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Were you two very close when she was alive? Or were you two at least kind of cut from the same cloth, the kind of people who could understand each other?

Your story touches me. I have a cousin (male, a decade older than me) who passed in 2011 during a car accident, and he follows me around, too. We're different genders and too far apart in age to have been best buddies, but we were the family's two black sheep. We could understand each other and be sensible. Honestly, though, I think he hangs around for mine and the family's sake more than his own. Normally he just wants me to stay safe while I'm driving, stop crying, or check on his brother/parents.

I'm telling you about my own cousin because what's going on with you could be very similar. You clearly make her feel comfortable. She seems to find it easy to communicate with you.

If you were close, it'd make sense that she would come to you for a lot of different reasons. Like missing you, being afraid to leave you alone, wishing to see you grow, clinging to the warmth and love you two had in life, you would perhaps be able to understand her best, etc. Also, if you're naturally sensitive to spirits, she may have chosen you because you would be the easiest to contact or the one most likely to believe she was really there.

I'm sorry for your loss. Having a lingering loved one can be a mixture of comforting and confusing, which doesn't always help the grieving process. Take care. I hope we can provide some helpful answers for you.
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-06)
Ryan, do you frequently have experiences? Did you have experiences prior to the passing of your cousin Becky? I ask because sometimes, in grief, you unknowingly change your own frequency and are better equipped to pick up on these things. I think it is a part of the grieving process as it allows the recently passed a better opportunity to make us aware of their well being, their presence, or perhaps some unfinished business, etc.

I am sorry for your loss and hope this post finds you doing well mate.

Cheers~~Antu
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-06)
Ryan, medium? Dont know, but sounds like your cousin wants to make contact with you, or, just let you know she is ok. To be heard, you must be on the same vibration, or frequency as the spirit trying to make contact, you must have your antenna up and broadcasting, so to speak. (theory is we are made of energy, and our energy radiates at a certain pulse. This pulse is our frequency. We as humans are way low on the frequency rating... Spirits are much higher.) Some people have a natural ability to do this, they can raise up their vibrations and pick up on different things around them, maybe sights, maybe sounds maybe visual. For those that don't do this naturally, a spirit must lower their frequency, or vibration to make contact, and that is often difficult... Know that your Becky is ok, and wants you to know she is still around. What a wonderful gift you have been given!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
I'll try hard not to confuse you more but from my own research and experiences and in my own opinion, mind don't belong to body, body belongs to mind and matter along with your vocal chords is just an illusion we conform with in space and time to have our physical experiences and interactions... The true nature of communication with in our spiritual prowess is via telepathy, we are all in a sense mediums and capable of communicating with people and loved ones who have crossed over but for the most part we choose not to for what ever reason, Spoil the party, defeat the purpose or maybe for just some divine reason? In saying that there seems to be a percentage of our population who do used or who are capable of using this skill whilst on the ride of life.

Regards Daz!
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
Intersting story. How old was becky when she died?. If you don't mind me asking how did she pass away? Perhaps she found you as her favorite sibiling and she just really wants to connect with you. Maybe she needs your help to get through the light. I guess it's up to you to get her to the right resting place:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: