You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Demonic Being Followed My Family Across The Continent

Real Ghost Stories

A Demonic Being Followed My Family Across The Continent

 

My cousins have been dealing with freaky things happening from the very beginning. They first lived in an old farmhouse where mildly scary things happened semi-regularly, lights flickering, footsteps, etc. At this point it was just my aunt, uncle and their oldest child who was just a toddler.

They then built a brand new house in a quiet part of town and that's when things actually got worse. By the time their oldest daughter was a young teen, they had 3 more children, who were all experiencing now terrifying things. Doors were slamming shut, they could hear whispering almost every night all around the house and the oldest daughter was seeing a large man with bird-like feet and huge wings. She saw him on a couple of occasions just briefly but described him as completely black without a face or any features, standing at the foot of her bed in the middle of the night before it disappeared.

This family is very close with God, they attend church every Sunday and have a very strong faith. But the family soon discovered this oldest daughter had been experimenting with Ouija boards and other dark things and they packed up the family and moved to Central America for a year as a sort of "fresh start" in hopes that they could return one with all this left in the past.

While they were in Central America, however, things hit their peak. The sound of furniture scraping along the floors (my cousin described it like someone was pushing a bed from one end of the bedroom to the other over and over in the upstairs bedroom above her) happened often and they had horrible smells in their home like rotting meat.

A couple of times in the middle of the night they heard very very loud whispering (she said it was loud enough to hear clearly but sounded breathy and hushed) outside their windows, speaking a strange language. Their dad speaks Spanish and although this was in a Spanish town her father confirmed that the voices were not speaking Spanish or anything similar, and there was no one outside when he investigated.

One daughter also had a door slam in her face. She was terrified and began screaming and attempted to run to her sisters bedroom for help but as she was doing so, simultaneously every single door in the house slammed shut. They didn't lock so she was able to simply open them but it was obviously quite terrifying. They had a pastor come to their home and bless it, although they said nothing changed.

After a few months of living there, the youngest daughter in the family developed a severe illness and had to be promptly flown back to Canada for treatment. After they arrived back in Canada, strange things continued happening but not quite as violent or often, just strange things off and on. Their motion-detected garbage lid lifts by itself and lights appear on in the middle of the night, etc. That was just about 10 years ago and now things are starting to get very very bad again.

The youngest child of the family, the only son, went to university and in the meantime nothing even remotely strange happened in the home. He just returned from school about 2 weeks ago and it seems like it has come back with him. He says he saw the dark bird-like man in his room at night and again on the stairs in the same week. He also says it speaks to him and tells him to do terrible things. He has never been involved in any dark practices and has a very close relationship with God so we don't know why it would attach itself to him or if that's even what is going on.

I'm very close with this family and have witnessed a lot of these things first-hand when staying at their home but I have no clue how to help or where to start. These experiences are absolutely terrifying for the whole family and after 25 years of this happening, we really want answers or even just opinions if you think you have ideas of what this could be? Why it would be doing this? Or how we could go about attempting to stop this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chill244, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Get the church involved immediately! If you're church isn't willing to help go to another and keep going different churches until you get help. Your at risk of real harm. I pray the Lord will protect you but please please please I beg of you to get the church involved immediately. The church will need evidence of the happenings though so while your trying to get the churches help find paranormal research group to conduct an investigation and to get evidence for you. Please do so immediately, 25 years is far too long and the entity only grows stronger with time and fear.

Much love and respect. May God be with you.

My email is vanessamarienixon022395 [at] gmail.com if you need help finding a paranormal group or churches I'll be happy to help find one. I've given you my personal email which I get a lot of spam to so please title the email paranormal or something recognizable. ❤ ❤
Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
sorry. Have to make an interjection here after seeing and reading Hebrews answer to Chill... About Referring to God As Jesus Christ... Because The Devil believes in Jesus Christ? NO!, The Devil DOES believe (as do all demons and malevolent spirits) in the Existence of God, (The Holy Father), IN The HOLY virgin Mother, Mary as well as giving Jesus Christ (as The Holy Saviour of Redemption) slight recognition... Because MARY, Christ, and St. Michael are the Main individuals that the Devil and his minions FEAR THE MOST... Because to call on the powers of Christ, Mary, and St. Michael means to help the person garner STRENGTH and support in the courage to believe these individuals WILL help to drive EVIL away... Maybe not forever, But will hold them at bay for a while. The Devil, in fact, does NOT FEAR GOD, The almighty Father of All... After all, the Devil, (as the fallen Angel of light, Lucifer, actually stood up to God, and vainfully refused to give recognition that God's HUMAN creations were more special and honored more than HE deserved to be. (This was WHY Lucifer was cast down out of Heaven and tossed down to rule on Earth.)
Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Oteer is correct to relay that Malevolent and purely evil spirits and disincarnate entities find particular pleasure in the antagonizing and terrorizing of very strict and Faithful loyal people in their religious practices and rituals. Since It is the Primary focus of the Devil to separate the loyal and Faithful followers from God, (Allah, etc...) If malevolent demons and spirits are successful in causing the person to lose his or her faith & r-ship with God... The bad side wins. And nothing could please the Devil more. In the Holy bible remember, the Devil received permission from God to try to break down the faith and spirit of Job, who had declared his Soul, heart, mind, and body --physical and Spirit) towards living and serving only God (& Christ) as his only Masters. Yet, with every pain, disease, illness and torture that the Devil inflicted on Job, Job's faith and Love to please God and Christ never ever wavered; and the Devil admitted his defeat to God. And never attempted to bother Job again. This is what is truly remarkable about how weak or strong one is within his or her Religion of Faith. It is also where the phrase comes from when someone says " A certain person has the Patience of Job." meaning no matter how he was tortured or for how long he was tortured by the Devil, Job never ever faltered in his Faith that God would help see him through to survive the Devil's torments.:) Here endeth the lesson.:) ❤
Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Amazing story - would love it if you did come back Chill224 and replied to some of the queries below but, thanks for sharing anyway 😊 Take care, Helena
GothamsReckoning (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-26)
Perhaps Chill is just busy, or has lost internet? Maybe they are reading and not replying? Who knows?!

Anyway, I'm not religious in the slightest. That doesn't mean to say I don't have a belief in something omnipotent, a creator if it pleases you, or as the freemasons say - The Grand Architect.

I am a historian by trade, so could possibly help with finding out about the history of the area your cousins built on. However, it is known and speculated upon that teens have a lot of kinetic energy, some even say that they are more susceptible to poltergeist activity.

I'm no expert on matters like this, but I believe anything is possible and I'm open minded.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-24)
Hi All
Isn't it a bit odd that we haven't heard from Chill yet? I would have thought Chill would have responded as they said they needed help and would participate in the discussion. I'm beginning to wonder...
In terms of Hebrews post. To me, with all due respect, that was either a massive wind up or someone who appears to be genuinely mentally ill or seriously deluded, as that post was bizarre, to say the least, in its content.
My 10 cents worth.
Regards
Mack
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-23)
Greetings, Chill.
(Everyone who's commented thus far, see paragraph 2, below).

Harsh as this may sound, everything you've tried thus far had not had an effect. Repeating the same actions -as recommended by some of the comments below- will have the same effect as before. On Rook's homepage there is a spiritual cleansing ritual which is compatible with -and not contradicted by- religious practice. Rook is a minister; it appears to me that he spent a lot of time applying his diverse knowledge to this ritual in order that it would support the religious practices (if any) of people who used it, yet be useful to those without any religious convictions too. Click on his name "rookdygin" on his comment to your narrative, scroll about halfway down the page, and read through his ritual (it should be performed on three consecutive days). While I am loathe to suggest any other options which may/would run counter to your family's belief system, this seems to be a good way to boost the seriousness of your endeavors. If, on the other hand, it is a parasitic spirit which has latched on to various children in the home, you may need to consider having a prayer session FOR your cousin.

EVERYONE:
There's something very "IndigoK" about Hebrews' well-intentioned but extreme advice. Why cover mirrors, t.v.s, computers, etc., if the Almighty has surrounded the righteous with "A Hedge of Protection" according to Job 1:10? (it's the book of "Yoav" in Hebrew). In that text, he is tormented by the "The Accuser" (translated as "The Devil" retroactively by St. Jerome because Satan had been incorporated into Christianity by that point, despite his complete absence from the Jewish texts. He used to be more like a prosecuting attorney with extensive records, which is why "the Devil" is in Heaven talking to God, despite God's inability to look upon evil and "the Devil" having been banished from Heaven... Ooops, where where was I?) "Job" is tormented by the "The Accuser" to test his faith in God, but only insofar as God will permit the torment to continue at any given time. There seems to a a strong streak of fanatical thought which doesn't wish to contemplate the "facts" of the Biblical narratives, only to draw upon the bits that support various pre-concieved notions. Let US ALL be wary of getting carried away from the purpose of this website: helping people without preaching religious dogmatism to them.
Sincere & Thoughtful Best Wishes to All,
Biblio.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
It's possible the oldest daughter did not properly close the sessions when she was using the Ouija board. I've heard of similar events happening when a session wasn't closed properly. I have no idea how it could be closed after so many years, especially without the board she used. Maybe someone on YGS can help.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Before we make Hebrew's comment the topic of conversation, remember Chill244 has asked for help with this situation. Let's not derail the comments 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
(Apologies in advance)

Hebrews,

So are you saying that TV's and Computer screens are the new mirrors? Does this extend to smart phones as well, because they have access to the same things as TV's and computers.

I must say this: While you seem to know your 'stuff' about the KJV of the Bible I think the word your looking for is Crucifix, a Crucifix is what they call a Cross that has the image or likeness of Christ on it.

Oh one last thing... The Passion of the Christ was just a MOVIE... One that I really did not care for... For all its realism... For all its 'gore' it just did not 'feel' RIGHT to me... There are some things Hollywood need not touch because they get it so wrong... But hey that's just my opinion.

Respectfully,

Rook
Rachin (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
do they follow your cousins family everywhere including office,restaurant,bars,school,etc?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Also why do they have to procure The Passion of the Christ? Won't any image of Jesus do?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Hebrews, what is Jesus Christ music?
While I respect Jesus as much as the next person. My desktop is the iconic and amusing 'God listens to Slayer' billboard photo. So yeah, can't imagine what Jesus Christ music is, would it be hymns?

Chill, hope you don't mind me asking a question to one of the responders on your story.😊

This comment from Hebrews138kjv is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

PiNkBeRRy224 (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-21)
People have to remember that when you play with the Ouija boards you open a gateway to another dimension. There are no fun facts playing with Ouija boards. Once the gateway is open then a spirit or spirits whether good or evil may get attached and follow you, could be minutes or a lifetime. How to get rid of it...? You will need a highly experienced medium or exorcists. Just remember that people who perform these rituals will not always work because the entity could be so powerful and evil that it'll cause pain. So much pain that it will or can scare off the medium or priests. Blessing the home will not work but fuel the spirit (s). And the more you're religious the more you will see evil. Its no joke. I've heard and experienced a few. I am a very logical person and work in the hospital early in the morning at 4am. I tend to hear things in the dark when I work alone in my office. I always brush it off as the heater/or vent. I can sense and feel static and white noise but that's just another story.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-21)
I was going to negative bones comment (seems like someone already did) but decided not to as it seems a genuine gesture of reaching out and offering assistance based on personal experience (says the poster) . Also, since the op states all are religious, the reference to calling on a christian deity should not be offensive.

My comment regarding the religious often being targeted is because of the reading I have done in the past. I'm a non practicing Catholic, and have long been fascinated by Saints. I have read many a story about Saints and other very religious people seemingly being under attack for their faith by dark entities. My opinion of those lower beings attacking are that they like to mock those who have faith and test them to no end, it seems to me almost like they want their victims to "beg" for help and this is what they feed off. Just my opinion.
The young son, I would be interested to find out if he had any attacks at university or if everything just stopped when he went away, and the attacks resumed when all were reunited in one unit?
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Wow this is truly chilling. Well a cleansing of the house does work it's better that they do it together as a family. The reason why it may not have worked is perhaps the priest does not live there or it may have to be repeated several times. And as far as why that thing would attach its self to him is that he his a big believer in god and the devil does not like that at all and he wants to turn everyone against him. Here is my advice to you to give to them this always works for me and makes me feel safe. When ever you feel a bad spirit or you get scared always say in loud words " The Blood Of Christ Is All powerful" say that and I promise it will keep some distance between him and that thing. They have to get together as a family get in a circle hold hands and yell "the blood of Christ is all powerful" repeatedly fallowing by prayer as well as the tossing of some holy water. And go ahead and say this prayer.
The cross of Christ be with me
The cross of Christ overcomes all
Water and every fire; The cross of Christ
Overcomes all weapons the cross of Christ is
A perfect sign and blessing my soul.

May Christ be with me and my
Body during all my life at day
And at night. Now I pray, I [NAME]
Pray god the father for the soul's sake
And I pray god the son for the father's
Sake, and I pray god the holy ghost
For the father's and god's sake. That
The holy corpse of god may bless me against all evil things, words and works.

They have to do it together as a whole family they have to say it out loud as loudest they can. And they have to demand this thing to leave to leave there home. They can also burn sage and light sandalwood incense. And tell them to buy some charcoal and grab a piece and with it draw crosses with them on all the doors and some on walls. Before they do that tell them to open all doors and windows tell them to say the prayer and the phrase then to do the burning of the sage and incense and to draw the crosses and to go around the house with holy water and a bell, ring the bell in all the corners of the house where is which negativity tends to build up, While they are doing that ringing the bells tell them to say prayer at the same time throwing the holy water and demanding all the negativity to go away. I really hope my advice helps. Please, please, please email me after they have tried this and tell me if it helped them please. Thanks I really do hope it helps tooth_rocket At Yahoo. Com
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi Chill224 - thanks for posting your cousins disturbing experiences.
I agree with Otteer, this narrative certainly has all the hallmarks of a classic poltergeist haunting.
I'm particularly (and genuinley) interested in a couple of comments you made regarding the family. One was that "... This family is very close with God..." and regarding the youngest and only boy he; "... Has a very close relationship with God..."
Are you able to elaborate on those comments in the context of the experiences they are having?
Otteer also commented that "it was not unusual for the very religious to be targeted". I find this intriguing.
Regards
Mack
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
They should reach out to their pastor (or what ever the head of their faith is). Could be poltergeist, could be many things. Have them start there. It is not unusual for the very religious to be targeted.

Thanks for sharing, I hope they get the help they need.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: