You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Officer At Old Fort Henry, Kingston

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Officer At Old Fort Henry, Kingston

 

In 2010 I took my family, which consisted of my wife, our 1-year old daughter and myself, on a trip to see Old Fort Henry in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. This fort is known for ghost experiences. I have had many "ghostly experiences" in my life so maybe I'm more sensitive to things than others but that's another story.

While taking a group tour we came to a hallway leading to the fort's "Officer's quarters". My daughter started acting up in what could be best described as a refusal to enter the hallway (she was in a stroller at the time). My wife and her stayed back while I went with the group.

After seeing the living quarters of the officers (which is secured with a glass front so no one can enter) the group moved onto the kitchen area. A few minutes later I decided to leave the group to go check on the wife and daughter.

After checking to make sure things were okay with the family, I followed the hallway back past the Commanding Officer's quarters to catch back up with the group. As I passed this room I glanced back in for an extra look. Standing in front of the writing desk located in the room was a rather tall British-uniformed officer who turned and looked at me and then just faded away! Needless to say, it did not take me long to catch up with the group.

At the end of the tour I asked the guide about ghost sightings in the fort and he did mention that there have been reports of an officer's ghost, along with several others, being sighted, sometimes in the hallway through which we walked.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rusty_s1085, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
I used to live in Kingston - I loved it there, but it is a very, very haunted place. I had more ghostly encounters in my few short years living there than in all my time living elsewhere. Although I visited Fort Henry many times, I never had an encounter there, but I always had a feeling that spirits were nearby. I have also heard of others having encounters in that same hallway that you mention - it is apparently a very active spot!
Peace887 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Awesome to witness a ghost fading away and then receive confirmation from the guide of sightings. If you ever go back to Fort Henry you must let us know if you see him again.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
Hi Rusty, that is very cool! Did the officer look at you with any sort of expression? I'm wondering if he looked equally startled to see you.

Also, is this the first time you've seen an apparition like this?
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi rusty_s1085... Thank you for sharing your story... I really love to read stories about haunted places...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
A few years ago I went to Ontario with my family and visited Fort Henry, although not of paranormal nature, I had a scary experience.
I walked to the wall surrounding the fort and peeked to the other side only to see a guy peeing on the outer surface of the wall! 😠

Like they say: sometimes the living are worse than the dead!

Thanks for sharing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hello rusty_s1085, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience of sighting a British Officer. Quite an experience that was and I think you are blessed with sighting paranormal. Well, others in this site, who have visited Fort Henry, Kingston, might be able to share their experiences with you and it could shed us more light. And its a nice thing that you have asked the tour guide, which ultimately supported your sighting.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: