You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Chasing In The Henery Viii Tunnel At Fort Paull

Real Ghost Stories

The Chasing In The Henery Viii Tunnel At Fort Paull

 

My story is one of the most genuine stories I have read for many a year. Where to begin. Well, it was my very first investigation and it took place at Fort Paul near Hull East Yorkshire.

I have always been interested in ghosts and the paranormal all my life and I was really interested in doing an investigation. So, by chance, I came upon a ghost hunting group on Facebook and booked me and my friend on it.

So one Friday night in February of this year me and my friend set off for the investigation. On the way I was really nervous but at the same I was excited.

The journey to Fort Paul lasted about half an hour and when we arrived, we made our introductions and the investigation began with our first port of call: the vaults. Nothing much really happened in there but I did capture a creepy photo, but that is a story for another time.

Once we had finished in the vaults, we moved onto the Henry VIII tunnel and what happened in there still haunts me to this day.

We went inside the tunnel and me and this guy called Gaz went upstairs because when you get into the tunnel there is a semi-circle balcony, so me and Gaz proceeded upstairs and the group began calling out.

Over the course of the calling-out session, people began to antagonise the spirit present by wolf whistling at it. Little did I know at the time that I would pay the price for their mistake. At this time it was getting on and we were about to leave for another tunnel, when all of a sudden I felt something touch my left arm. So I asked Gaz if he touched me and he denied it, so I shone my torch in his direction and found he was stood out of arm's reach so it couldn't have been him.

On the way out of the tunnel we caught up with two lasses in our group and Gaz proceeded up the tunnel and out. Then me and these two lasses turned round and decided to take a picture to see if we could capture anything when all of a sudden one of them wolf whistled and said "bye bye." With that, we heard thunderous footsteps heading up the tunnel towards us.

We ran out of there as fast as our legs would carry us, screaming as we went. We went and told the rest of the group what happened, then Gaz went down to see if it would happen again but all was silent.

This record is a true story of what happened to me on my first investigation and since those events I have now joined the group and I am still investigating to this day.

But my question is this, what do you think it was in that tunnel?

Decide for yourselves and please leave a comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JamieAtkinson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hello JamieAtkinson, I felt like Argette and might have re-read your first line more than a dozen times. Because I could not make it out and as Argette said, I had a doubt if you read it or encountered it. I would like to see the pictures you have taken in the tunnel. I want to ask you, when Gaz went again inside the tunnel, was he alone or with others. You have narrated that others in the group started antagonising the spirit by wolf whistling, then when Gaz went back again, he must have felt something out there. But as Valkricry said every body would have run racing to the exit when in such a creepy tunnel if they heard footsteps coming from behind especially when you had the feeling of somebody unknown touching you. If possible, please upload the photo.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
PICTURES, COULD YOU POST THOSE PICTURES?

I'm with valkricry and Argette on this one and consider their advice very suitable.
And I do not understand the reason that prevents you from sharing those pictures that would say more than a thousand words about your story😉
Argette (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Val's tips are excellent.

But I am confused by the opening sentence:

"My story is one of the most genuine stories I have read for many a year."

Did you read it or experience it?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Hi Jaimie,
Although I found your story interesting, because you state you wish to be an investigator I am compelled to offer up some bits of advice. 1) Decide on a spelling and stick with it in your accounts (is it Fort Paull or Fort Paul? King Henerey Viii or King Henry VIII?)
2) Do not over state an event - feeling a touch on your arm is not the same as 'paying a price' which sounds ominous - like having your hair pulled, being scratched, or shoved down the stairs. I'm not down playing the shock of being touched by something unseen, it's just you want to be as factual as possible and not come off as misleading. I'll give you an example if I say "A man I didn't know touched my arm" you think trying to get my attention. Same sentence: "A man I didn't know grabbed my arm" the intent is very different. Since you were 'touched', I think something was just trying to get your attention and not being malicious. Now if your arm was grabbed... Different story.
3) Was your group the only group in the tunnels at the time? Was everyone in your group accounted for when you heared those rushing footsteps? These details add verification to your account. Without this knowledge, what you may have heard was echoes from another group hurrying to arrive OR someone hurrying up the tunnel to catch up with your groups leaving (a member of your group not wanting to be left behind.) Or maybe, assuming what touched you was a spirit, it decided to give you one good scare.
All in all very interesting for your fist investigation. (Yep - I would have been racing you to the exit hearing something/someone rushing at me!)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: