You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Being Followed By Henry?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Being Followed By Henry?

 

Oh, where do I even start? Ever since I was a little girl, I've experienced some weird things. The first time I had an experience was when I was 12. I was on my bed playing cards with my best friend when I heard footsteps creeping down the hall. I immediately thought it was my dad trying to jump out and scare me like he always used to do, so I said, "Dad, seriously? I know you're there!" My friend looks at me like, "What are you talking about?" After I say that, I see a man turn around in my doorway, heading back down the hallway. All I saw was half his body though. He was tan, broad and muscular. So I quickly jump down. Still thinking it's my dad, I run into the hallway, through our kitchen, all the way to my mom and dad's bedroom which had a closed locked door and I could hear my dad snoring behind it. That scared me so much. I didn't know what to do and my friend thought I was crazy because she saw/heard nothing!

So I've been experiencing shadows, random voices, weird random feelings for a very long time. I just got used to it. However, the older I get, the more it fades and honestly it kind of saddens me. I tried to get my "sensitivity" stronger again a year ago by attending seances and investigating haunted places but it never seemed to work so I stopped.

Anyway, my mom is also sensitive, like me, but she never told me until I was around 16. I told her the story that happened at my dad's and she said that ever since I was a baby she's often seen a man, like I described, around me and she feels that he's watching over me.

Well, this past week some strange things have happened to me. I've been getting weird feelings, almost like I'm being watched. Two days ago, I was at my boyfriend's house and his door slammed right in front of us. I tested it to see if it was just wind but it was so hard to push closed since it has sagging hinges and scraps against the carpet as it closes.

Then today, my mom randomly comes up to me and asks, "Who is Henry?" I shrug because I have no idea who she's talking about. She says, "There is a spirit following you, named Henry, I have a feeling he's not good either. He won't come in the house because I have it protected but you need to get rid of him. He's been around a while and he knows you notice him but he also knows you really don't want to notice." I'm totally taken by surprise by this and not sure what to say.

So, I came to this website searching for answers. I can't really talk to anyone because they will think I'm crazy. Heck, I feel crazy! I'm not 100% sure a spirit is following me. I just don't have experiences like I used to anymore. What my mom said is worrying me but I don't know whether to believe her or not. What do I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shortany, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
How did your mom come to the conclusion a man named Henry is following you? I agree with Val that Henry is not the shadow you saw at our dad's.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Ou you have been training to be a medium? Nice! Yes please meditate, it might give you the answers you seek. I am slowly learning the process of meditation because I am a "coming home" wiccan.
Shortany (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I failed to mention that I've been "training" to be a medium. One of the guys I attended seances with thought I would be good for it since I've always been sensitive and I wanted it to be stronger. I will try meditating tonight!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Have you tried a cleanse? Only if it's bothering you, that is. Or meditating to try to talk?
Shortany (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Yeah, I'll keep my camera near me at all times! I've talked to one of the people I used to do seances with and I've talked to my mom and both have given me some advice. I've had another door slam on me the other day and I hear foot steps in my house. (I don't live with my mom) Ugh. This is just driving me crazy.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-15)
My gut feeling, from your Mom's reaction, is that Henry is different from the one from when you were younger. As ifihadyou suggested, you really should have an open talk with your mom. Obviously she will not think you're 'crazy'.
A small possibility, is you might have picked up something while investigating or at a seance.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
LOL okay sorry that comment from lady glow was super funny... Even if she didn't intend it to be. It made me chuckle 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Have you tried to ask for help to the people you met at the seances? - surely they wouldn't think you're crazy.

I hope the one following you is NOT Henry Vlll. 😐

Good luck and thanks for sharing.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
hmm... I agree with ifihadyou on all their points... Though maybe this man is a different one than the one that used to follow you... Or maybe she suddenly thinks hes negative because he won't enter her house. Either way it should be investigated... Maybe take pictures when you feel yourself being watched... Even try to do some evp work.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Oh that sounds creepy. I would further investigate with your mom and see what "abilities" you may or may not have. I put abilities in quotation because some may think it's a hoax while others don't.

How was she able to figure out who Henry is? Has she talked to this ghost/man and what did he say? Did she find out why he's following you? Etc.

I would start by asking those questions to your mother. Then once you figured that out, you have a better understanding in what you're dealing with. She might have done a cleansing but that doesn't 100% mean that it's evil. You even said that it was protecting and watching over you when you were younger... Why did her viewpoint change?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: