You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Faerie Visitation

Real Ghost Stories

Faerie Visitation

 

Not a ghost story but still a tale of spiritual entities so hope this is still relevant as I have been searching my whole life for an explanation of the following. I have submitted this event to a few sites and forums, I have read a few books on such subjects but have never read of another similar experience or received a helpful reply.

1964, I was five and would shortly be put in a Children's home. I shared the back bedroom of 125 Abercain Road Streatham with my Grandfather. His bed was in the centre of the room and my bed was against the outside wall, offering me a view of the sky in the gap between the curtain and the window. I hadn't yet been asleep and Grandfather was in his bed. The sky was a deep blue, turning darker with the dusk, completely cloudless except for a tiny round cloud in the far distance and coming from the North, yes coming for it was getting bigger as it was heading directly towards me. What's more, I could then see another such cloud far behind it and yet another behind that, a string of small round clouds heading towards me spread-out in line.

As they came closer, I could see they were being ridden as one rides a horse, by men of around fourteen inches tall, with black hair and full black beards, wearing pointed conical metal helmets. In their left hands they carried round shields and in their right hand they each held a trident.

By now the first one had reached the top of my window which was open and he pushed against the gap as if trying to gain entry. This was enough for me so I got into bed with Grandad ensuring he was between me and the window.

Now next to me, against the inner bedroom wall was a single gentleman's wardrobe. I saw that this was now draped in a patterned material and the four riders were stationed on each top corner standing to attention, behind the pelmets as if on guard, then the wardrobe door opened to reveal a Fairy girl of around three foot in height with long straight black hair, pale white skin and wearing a garment of pure white light. She was staring directly at me with an expressionless face.

As if all this wasn't enough, suddenly, what I have always described as a "cobweb of energy" appeared in the far corner of the room and the fairy with her escorts disappeared. I describe the apparition as a cobweb of energy due to its round shape and the position it occupied in the corner between the walls and the ceiling. It was comprised of circular bands of multi-coloured light that could be seen when it was dark but didn't emit light. It looked rather like a special effect from "Star Trek", but this occurred before such was filmed.

When I awoke the following morning, it was still there, when I came home from school and sent to my room, it was still there; day and night for two weeks it remained. My mother can still remember me pointing to what appeared to her to be an empty space and asking "what's that?" She, of course, could see nothing and dismissed it with the closed mind of adults by telling me how she had seen things when she had been delirious with pneumonia, but I wasn't sick. I had just returned from a normal day at school.

As an adult I have tried to make sense of all this, reading whatever books I can find on the subject, though I find accounts of people claiming to stumble upon the Fae in their natural setting. I have not read of them traveling specifically to visit a human and so wonder, why me? The fairy must have been of some importance to have her own guard.

I have read though of the Fae taking children, especially the unwanted and unchristened, both applicable to me, to be replaced by a dead changeling.

Maybe the "cobweb of energy" was a more benevolent entity, sent to protect and guard me from this fate? The likes of angels are not so keen to manifest themselves in a human form for fear of enticing worship, which exclusively belongs to God.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nambocttr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Nambocttr,
With all of the accounts on here, either were all crazy or there are other realms. I believe other dimensions, realms exist.
U brought up a good point though:).
To bad about the picture, and say if the author did disregard your story, well to bad he/she missed out on an great oppurtunity to learn more.
Your account is very interesting, and has had me thinking about it since I've read it.

Thank you again for responding:)
Spiritwaiting
Nambocttr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Over ten years since I had contact with that author, cannot remember who it is though re-reading my books might remind me which one it was. Possibly he didn't write his second book. More likely that my tale sounds so unbelievable that it was discarded.
The way I see it, either there is such a thing as Spiritual beings, and this would include God, or there are none at all.
If there are none at all, then every post on this website, every tale in such books, are all equally non-sense.
If there are such entities, then they are capable of far more unbelievable occurrences than befell me.

I am afraid I posted the picture to the author and I didn't have a scanner back then. I even went to the trouble of buying a small painting set to do it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Nambocttr,
Thank you for replying 😊.
I forgot all about grimm tales.
I am wondering also now, why the author hasnt reached out to you again.
Maybe doing more research on the subject?
I would try reaching out again, just to stay in contact.
Im sure your picture is very interesting, I would love to see it.

No ridicule here on this site, we all like to ask questions etc, to know more about others experiences and have more knowledge on whatever it is we all post.

Again Thank you for sharing and responding back:)

Spiritwaiting
Nambocttr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Hi Rook, It certainly wasn't a dream, I don't think even if I wanted to as a "sensible" adult that I could convince myself it was a dream, I think the proof being the fact I could still see the cobweb of energy for a couple of weeks after, and my Mother who can still recall me pointing up to the corner and asking her, "Whats that".

A good point re weaving a "Dream Catcher"

As for "escaping in my dreams", the notion of entities "fighting" over me, only occurred much later in life when I tried to make more sense of it, plus the dreams I had as a child were mostly nightmares involving people and modes of transport determined to kill me.

Spiritwaiting, you are correct in the notion of the likes of Disney improving the image of the Fae to be more appealing to children, I understand for instance that the Grim Fairy tales were quite horrific.
I wasn't frightened at the time though, a bit perturbed when I saw the first man on the cloud pushing against the window, but after that I was more curious, as I have said in my replies, I only surmised a logical explanation in later years, at the time I was just an observer.
The Fairy didn't smile or anything, she just looked at me impassively. As for inquires, that is why I have posted here and any other similar forum I might find, despite the danger of ridicule. I have quite a few books on the subject, I even wrote to one of the authors about it, he was thinking of writing a second book on the subject and got me to paint a picture of what I had seen, but nothing came of that. The "wondering why" is the main motivation for all the above.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
I have my 'doubts' concerning this 'experience'...I get the feeling it may have been a vivid dream, however having said that...

IF; 'Fae' actually attempted to 'contact/kidnap' you then perhaps your Guardian 'wove' something akin to a 'dream catcher' that would 'capture' their energy and prevent them from entering our realm thus protecting you from 'capture' or even seeing them again. Your age being 5 at the time, your senses were still 'open' which allowed you to 'see' them.

I am sorry that you have gone through the things you have. I can not imagine what it must have been like for you to say... "I have read though of the Fae taking children, especially the unwanted and unchristened, both applicable to me,"...but taking that into consideration we MUST rule out your imagination allowing you to 'escape' in your dreams... Creating 'beings' that not only wanted you, but were 'fighting' over who got to 'keep' you.

Thank you for sharing this interesting 'experience'.

Respectfully,

Rook
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
On a serious note...
You being 5 years of age at the time, you were young enough to see the awesome world of others without judgement. Without going this isn't real. Being able to see all of that, from what I've read in your story and responses, I will say this...
Now that you think back, Do you ever wonder why they may have made themselves visible to you?
Have you made any further inquiries about these fairies? You may find some interesting accounts on here, that could possibly be very similar to yours in some way, and could give you more answers.

Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Nambocttr,
What! This is scary.
Thankfully I haven't had any type of experiences with Fairy. Interesting to say the least.
Your encounter had me thinking over all of the animated portrayals in disney movies. And how I wish lol they were like that if I ever came into contact with one. Also had me going over, I wonder if any of the creators, of say Cinderella,etc,knew anything about the paranormal and figured, let's fancy these little creatures up 😆.Thus giving them beautiful hair, sparkling wings etc. Just my silly thoughts.
I'm not making light of your account, just my weird thoughts.
Thanks for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Nambocttr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Further to my response and Macknortons questions, I was not aware at the time I was shortly to be put in a Children's home, even on the day Mother didn't tell me, she just lead me up the path to this big house in Balham and left me there. Besides which, this sort of thing I thought was a normal part of life as she had already left me with Grandparents when I was 18 months old, then a further two relatives after Grandmother died when I was three.

Another point, this was the single paranormal event that occurred in my life until I was 28 so it's not as if I was prone to such things.

As for believing the Fae were "evil" and the cobwebs of energy had come to save me, these are only suppositions I have made in recent years, at the time I could make no sense of what was occurring, it was like watching a film I didn't understand at the time.
Nambocttr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Thanks for the replies. Regarding the question, "what happened to the Fairy girl and her guards", They just suddenly weren't there any more, the cobweb of energy arrived and the wardrobe instantly returned to normal as if the whole scene vanished.

At the time, myself and Grandfather lived with my Mother.

The household was never even remotely religious, I used to go to church alone as a child and wondered why my Mother didn't go.

I don't think this could have been a result of my mind wanting it to happen like the Easter Bunny case, The chain of events seem too flowing to be from a five year olds imagination and I certainly cannot envisage where the cobweb of energy thing would have emerged from my imagination. I remember being quite surprised to see it still there in the warm light of day after a day at school.

As for investigating it, I was five at the time, the world was still fairly new and I guess I thought it was just another aspect of it that I had not yet encountered. I did ask my Mother but people didn't take pictures the way they do today back in 1964. I was too small to reach it. I cannot remember if I did anything else.

I don't think this could have been an imaginary event as it was just as real as anything that ever happened to me, I remember it the same way as any other noteworthy event in my life, that's why I have kept the memory rather than discarding it as a childhood fantasy.

Whats the thing with Nordics and black hair?
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Nambocttr,
What a fascinating occurrence and interesting that it is still so strong in your memory.

I wish I could answer your question but I'm afraid I simply do not know what you saw.

I can maybe put your mind to rest about the possibility of the Fae taking you. If a child was born seriously ill there was a tradition among many celts that explained the illness as the child having been abducted by the Fae and replaced with a changeling. The ill "changeling" was then taken to an area frequented by faeries and left in hopes of being exchanged for the healthy child. Unfortunately and invariably the ill infant perished alone not to be replaced with the healthy child. I don't think the beings you saw were there to take you, however I could certainly be wrong.

I am sorry your mother simply dismissed the "cobweb of energy" because she couldn't see it. I too have been delirious do to illness and I know that what you are describing is quite different. I think sometimes it is just easier for adults to dismiss things they can't explain.

One question I have for you though is what happened to the Fairy girl and her guard? Did they leave through the wardrobe or through the window?

I wish I had answers for you. I did enjoy reading your post though.

Jsne
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Heck, I didn't know either so I consulted my friend Google LOL
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Well I stand corrected Miracles! Thanks... 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Chapulin - from https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t329629/
"Hair colour is the least important feature when trying to judge sub-race. Someone can be Nordic even if they are black haired and brown eyed, as long as they are skeletally Nordic.

Similarly, someone with blond hair and blue eyes isn't necessarilt Nordic, and could just as easily be a lightly pigmented Alpine or Dinaric."

I left the mistakes because it's a direct quote.
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
LunarSAge - I have never heard of nordics with black hair

Namboctt-Sorry to hear you say that you were an unwanted child, with all due respect, have you considered seeing a psychiatric?, no offense intended just sometimes our body chemistry is unbalanced and we don't notice it, like my son's psychiatric told him once "It is not YOU, it is your body the one that is causing you to act this way", 😳
Respectfully,
Claudia 😜
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hi Nambocttr - Sorry but I can't answer your questions about what you saw, or even what that was that you experienced either.

However, it's (I think) EXTREMELY unusual for something such as this "cobweb" of energy to manifest, then remain for two whole weeks. What sort of investigating did you carry out on it? Did you touch it, try and photograph it? Ask if anyone else at all could see / sense it?

Perhaps one clue was that you said you were about to be put into a children's home at aged 5. That must have been incredibly traumatic and scary for you at that time. I got the impression that you were very lonely and didn't have much love and support from your parents? Maybe the whole experience was simply an intense moment whereby you wished for something else, some other reality to comfort you at that time?

(My wife swears to this day she actually saw the Easter Bunny hopping up her street when she was 6 - because at the time she desperately wanted to believe in it)

You said you lived with your Grandfather, but you were pointing to the "web" to show your Mother. Was she visiting or living there as well?

I get the impression that you may have had a very religious upbringing? What do you mean by "...sent to protect and guard me from this fate?..." Did you think this experience was somehow evil or demonic?

And my last question / point is where you say: "...The likes of angels are not so keen to manifest themselves in a human form for fear of enticing worship, which exclusively belongs to God..."

Well, may I respectfully disagree with you there. If people choose to worship anything, that's THEIR decision, so personal responsibility is the ONLY way it can work, I think.

If Spirits / angels motive and desire is to entice worship, then that THEIR personal choice / responsibility. I just think it's much tidier when we can place responsibility clearly at the feet of where it belongs.😊

Thanks for sharing and hopefully with some more information, myself or others may be able to assist you.

Regards

Mack
SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Wow, I believe faeries are real, I've read about them. Apparently they look scary! This story is so interesting! I wish I had the answers you were looking for but I hope you can find your answers here!
LunarSage (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
To me it sounds almost like they were from Norse mythology, almost Viking in description. I have met Fae by accident and spent years trying to figure out where and what they were. The ones I met were Sidhe I think, tall and graceful, slender and full of life. From what you said they are unlike the few varieties I have met. Far as I can tell they live in between realities. Think of sheets of notebook paper on top of eachother, each paper a different reality. Slightly different from ours, it's the multiverse theory. To me they seem to exist in the area between the pieces of paper. As for the energy, it maybe the small Fae made it? Or maybe you have a guardian Angel of some kind watching over you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: