You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visitation

Real Ghost Stories

Visitation

 

I'm not sure if my experience falls into this category or not.

Begin 2015, my husband was hospitalised with heart problems - the first of what was to be many hospital admissions. The morning after his admission as I was getting up, I had one foot on the floor and was about to stand when all of a sudden his father walked into our bedroom. I looked at him and asked in amazement what he was doing there. Looking exactly the same as I'd last seen him, only younger, without saying anything he smiled at me, walked over to the bed and took my hand, as he placed his hand in mine he simply disintegrated before my eyes. My father-in-law passed away in 1972. When I told my husband what had occurred that morning he simply said "oh that was dad coming to say everything would be alright" and we left it at that. I now know differently, in 2016 my husband was diagnosed with stage four bowel cancer that had metastasized - lungs - bones - liver. He passed away late June 2017 after battling the disease for exactly one year and one day. The visitation was I'm almost certain of it, was to prepare me for what was to come.

A few days after my husband's funeral, I received a notification from his MOB to mine, saying go to messenger that there was a message for me - of course there was nothing there, all in all there have been 8 of these notifications since his passing, the last call being on the 8th of December 2017. Please be aware I am neither psychic or clairvoyant - these experiences have not frightened me in anyway whatsoever but if anything, help a little in my mourning process.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, inez67elena66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

inez67elena66 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
Thank you all for your comments its reassuring to know that I've have been taken seriously. As I recall no words were spoken. When my father in law placed his hand in mine I didn't feel anything physical and he disintergrated what seemed like all at once. It happened so quickly. An amazing experience. With regards to the mobile calls from my husband after his passing, there have been no more I know (at least I am asuming he has moved into the light) I miss him terribly and sincerely hope he sees the candle I light for him each night. It doesn't stop me from looking out for signs that he's still near. He has come to me in dreams I've had 3 very vivid ones however lately they too are no more. Thank you all once again for your comments - they are truly helping me on this journey. There were a few other things I experienced during the last phase of his life however will put pen to paper at a later date when my pc's are once again fully operational. ❤
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-02)
Hi Inez6, my condolences for your loss. Thanks for sharing such lovely experience. Be safe and strong. We are celebrating festival of HOLI (festival of colors) in India today, so wishing you and your family and all the YGS members a prosperous and happy Holi!

Regards
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-27)
Hello Inez,

I was very moved by your story and I am deeply sorry for you loss. When you wrote "these experiences have not frightened me... But have helped a little in my mourning process" it reminded me of when I lost my father. He and I were best friends. Growing up he was always there for me. He was my support. When he passed I took it hard. I would spend many nights up alone wondering 'what's next'. Having inherited his home which was beyond my means I was inevitably forced to sell. And it was there one evening returning back to his house to tidy up things for the new owners that I encountered him... Driving along in his 1972 cadillac but only to disintegrate as he got closer to me. As my experienced, my father's appearance did a lot to calm me... It helped me to know that all was right in his world and mine.
Pinka (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Inez,

Sorry for your loss, May your husband rest in peace! Your story reminded me of my Grandd mother.

Stay strong! Sending lots of love on your way!

Pinka ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
Inez - Firstly, my condolences on the loss of your husband. I have lost quite a few family members due to cancer and it is such a soul destroying experience for all to endure.

I find it very interesting that your father-in-law appeared as a much younger version of himself. I too had an experience with my father-in-law where he appeared to be about 30 years younger than he was at the time of his passing.

You are also very fortunate to have received messages from your husband after he passed away. I always seem to "hear from" or "see" total strangers who have had no bearing on my life at all, with the exception of my father-in-law.

Treasure what you have experienced, not all are so fortunate ❤

Regards, Melda
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
I'm so sorry for your loss ❤ It definitely sounds like your husband is reaching out to you, trying to reassure you that he is Ok and to make sure you are Ok. I'm a strong believer of life after death contact; the ones we love never stop trying to show us they are still here, just in a different way.

Your experience with your father in law is amazing! Not many people get that kind of reassurance or proof. I think it's beautiful and proves you have many souls on the other side cheering you on, showing their love. ❤
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
inez - Accounts like yours are why I enjoy visiting YGS. There are many reports of similar visitations scattered about psychic literature. I was curious to know if you physically sensed when the apparition of your father in law placed his hand in yours? In reports such as yours, this seems to be a fifty-fifty proposition.

If you did sense his hand it is a particularly convincing apparition but of course, quite often, it does seem that the apparition wants to appear and act as much like a living human being as possible. So your sensing his hand would be part of that "human-like" presentation, along with his apparent solidity and his voice. As in many cases of reported apparitions, your father in law seemed completely human until he "disintegrated". Of course even if you felt your father in law place his hand in yours doesn't answer whether his apparition was physically there or if he was of a completely telepathic nature but either way he was able to convey his message clearly.

As RC wrote, "everything works out... It just doesn't always work out how we would prefer." It seems that your father in law was telling you that in the bigger picture, the one where flesh and blood are no longer essential for existence, that your husband and his son would be just fine. You had an amazing and rather rare encounter that seems to have given you at least a small measure of comfort.

One more thing. Did the apparition disintegrate from the feet up, the head down or all at once? This aspect is reported in various ways, if it's noted at all. Thanks so much for sharing your account.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
"to say everything would be alright." Yes, for some definitions of alright, I suppose.

Hi, Inez Elena, a lovely name if you don't mind me saying.

I am sorry for your loss, may your husband's memory be eternal, and want to welcome you to YGS.

I do want to add to my original statement that in the end, everything works out, I have found. It just doesn't always work out how we would prefer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: