You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visitations From My Loved Ones

Real Ghost Stories

Visitations From My Loved Ones

 

I will start with my grandmother's passing as this is important to my recent visitations.

A week ago my paternal grandmother (my mother's mother) passed away. I learned of this through a phone call placed by my sister. She told me our mother was frantic, and to call her asap. I called a few moments later to calm my mother down. I wasn't particularly close with my grandmother as of recent years, but I still have a special place in my heart.

A little later that evening, I had decided to channel her. I needed to do so for my mother's sake. I sat comfortably in my recliner and started to meditate. She came through quite quickly, I hadn't expected her to. I can see spirits in spirit form, not in physical like you or myself. (Thinking back and reading my experiences that I've written down, I've been able to do so for some time.)

Anywho...She was in the corner of my living room, standing there. She looked at me, and started to shake her hands in a gesture. Sort of like, "Why aren't you talking back?"

I began to speak to her, and told her she needed to visit in my dreams so I could talk to her. I told her I loved her and closed my meditation. I couldn't hear her, but I knew she could hear me as she gave me a nod.

A few minutes later my husband and I were sitting in the living room and began to eat dinner. One lamp turned off by itself. Now this lamp is plugged into a multiplug, along with my TV, cable box, and other lamp. Neither of those things turned off or stalled, and I checked the knob on the lamp, it was fine. The lamps have a turn knob towards the top of it, and there's a particular clicking sound that goes along with it. The only two ways to turn it off are to either unplug or turn the knob.

So I turn it back on and go about my dinner, nothing further happens. Late that evening, I couldn't fall asleep. So of course I'm still excited that my grandmother came through, so I decided to lay down and meditate, as that aids in my slumber.

I had a regular jumbled mess of a dream nothing stood out until the very end, where I was waking up. This man comes up to me, in my personal space, very adamant and said, "Please take care of my baby." That's when I woke up.

The entire day went without incident, but that message kept nagging at me. I kept playing it through my thoughts, trying to figure out why a man I didn't know came to me with that message.

I kept seeing my grandmother pop in and out, I figured it was her, and her way of getting that message to me. While she kept popping in, also images of my mother.

That very next afternoon, I was excited to call my mom out of nowhere. I literally woke up wanting to call my mom, for no apparent reason. But this is where the other visitations came in, that next morning.

I need to add this in, because its very important to the experiences.

My late grandmother was an avid cleaner. "Spring cleaner", didn't like mess, or anything out of place. I woke up that morning with energy I can't explain. I drank my morning coffee, and began to clean my kitchen, living room, bathroom, laundry room, and finally ended up in the hallway closet. This is the place I keep all my prized pictures. I felt the need to get rid of all the extra junk accumulated during a 6 month period.

In doing so, I came across a picture of my late uncle's wife. I looked at it and decided to throw it away. No sooner than my hand with picture in it hit the trash bag, the song I was currently listening to switches too another song. The one previous wasn't anywhere near finished playing all the way through.

So I smile, knowing it was my uncle playing with me. A few moments later I came upon two pictures I didn't know I had. One of him and my cousin, his son. I put them to the side, finished cleaning the closet out, and hung the pictures up.

About an hour later, my pup Caesar needed to use the restroom. We were outside, in his usual spot under a huge bush like tree. But this particular morning he wasn't acting like his usual self. He wasn't set on using the restroom. That's the first thing he does, then will proceed to smell, sniff, and mark his territory. But he didn't, he kept sniffing, and he suddenly stops in his tracks. A female Cardinal flies by, perches on a branch in said bush, and stares at me. Instantly I knew it was my grandpa. I smiled, and said "Thanks grandpa, I needed your presence."

As I finished that sentence, Caesar turns around, runs up to an empty space of air, and tries twice to jump on nothing. His tail wagging, and he's excited. I know he sees him, and I smile. A few seconds later he stops, and goes about him morning bathroom routine.

A couple hours after this, I was excited to call my mom. On the inside of me, I was jumping for joy for no particular reason. So I dial her number. We both talk back and forth, and I told her I need to talk to you about something very important. I asked her, "Was anything particular grandma would introduce you as, or call you?"

My mother told me there were 3 names she went by: Shell, Shelly Anne (if she was upset at her), and My baby to others, such as friends.

That was my validation. I never knew my grandmother to be sentimental, matter of fact none of her family did, with the exception of my mother.

I told her about the visitations, and the message. It relieved my mother, and cheered her up.

Two days ago, I received another phone call. My sister told me she received a call from my stepdad, he seemed frustrated and upset. My sister headed over there, and they both had quite the chat. She told me, they were planning on putting my mother in a home for the disabled if she doesn't get any better. This is why I feel my grandmother's message was of importance, and urgent. Now I am currently in the middle of a battle with the family.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
While I'm in that state of waking up, I can either go straight back to sleep or just lay there, and meditate. Ive been able to do that for years.

I usually lay there, and meditate. When I open my eyes I am fully awake, with high energy.
Lol my husband always asks me how long I've been up.
I tell him the same thing all the time, I just woke up.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Red,
I do the same, fall asleep while I'm meditating. Whether it be in the middle of the day for a nice nap, or evening before I head to bed.
I enjoy falling asleep while I pray also, it helps to feel more spiritual energy around me, its very comforting.

My mother had screws put in her back years ago, unfortunatly though the surgeon did a horrible job, and her the bones in her back I believe has grown around them. So she also suffers from back pain.

She moves a certain way when she gets up, and sits down.

I have bad back problems also, from I believe pinched nerves, and back spasms.
I lay on my side as well, if I don't I end up having a stiff back for weeks, resulting in unbelievable pain.

So sitting up straight in a chair is very uncomfortable.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
I always fall asleep while tying to meditate. I think it was Tweed that told me that was fine. It puts me in a much more relaxed state.

I have to lay on my side though because of the screws right under my skin. Sometimes when I get woken up I have to sit for a minute because I get this weird feeling like my spirit is trying to catch up to my sitting up. That's the best way to explain it.

Regards Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Calamity,

Hope this helped.
If you need more help with meditation, feel free to ask.
I will definitely try to help you.

Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Calamity,

Sorry I didn't read your post!

Like buthaya has stated, beginning meditation is sometimes difficult.

But the more you practice, the better you get.

Start by sitting in a comfortable position, in a chair, with a pillow behind your back.

Close your eyes, and inhale through your nose. Count to 6 and slowly exhale through your mouth, while counting to 5.

While inhaling, imagine the air your inhaling is the healing and comforting breath running throughout your body.

Then when you exhale imagine that breath as the black, negative energy exiting your body, and returning to the earth to be recycled as good energy.

If your mind wanders off, just start again.

Once you finish the relaxing breath, you can relax, and imagine a place of comfort, anywhere you want it to be.

Think about good things you want to do there, people you miss, and love being there.
Or just you enjoying that place.

Once you have finished with that, slowly bring yourself back to your current position and body.
Slowly open your eyes, and breath once more.

Hehe then smile.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Buthaya,
Thank you for the meditation help.

I will try this one as well.
I find quite a few different meditations that help with different things I am trying to accomplish.

One for a good nights sleep, and energy.
Another for protection,etc.

I absolutely love meditation, and the qualities of good energy it brings, and gives.

Spiritwaiting
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Calamity,
I am late to comment on your request on meditation, but hope you read or anyone else find this helpful. I am a Buddhist so meditation comes as a part of our religion. In here I describe one type of meditation you can do without any religious problems.

Metta Meditation - This is good for anyone. It will help you to get good sleep and if you are a person to see nightmares or dreams, I can assure you this meditation will help you to stop them (not instantly. Takes a week or two). I know that because it helped me.

Metta is about love and kindness. To practice this meditation you need to start by loving yourself. First you need to sit in a place you feel comfortable and relaxed. Close your eyes and take one or two deep breaths to feel relaxed. You don't need to do take deep breaths all the time you meditate. Let go of other thoughts (I know it's hard. Even during the time you meditate a random thought might enter your mind. If it did, just start again. There is nothing wrong with that. It just our mind resist to stay in one place. More you meditate more you find hard to concentrate. Don't stop. After a while you will not have any diffculty.).

This meditation about loving yourself and others. Start by loving yourself. While your eyes are closed, mentally repeat, slowly and steadily, the following or similar phrases:

" May I be happy. May I be well. May I be safe. May I be peaceful and at ease".

Don't just repeat like a robot. You have to allow yourself to sink into the intentions they express. After sometime doing this you can concentrate on others. It can be someone you love or hate. I do it for every living being in this world. Mentally repeat:

"May you be happy. May you be well. May you be safe. May you be peaceful and at ease".

You can do it any time you want. I do it every morning and night. To meditate, it is important to be in a Silence place so you can not get distracted easily.

Please note that this is not a religious post. I hope this is helpful to anyone interested in meditating. There are many types of meditations, it can help you to see ghosts too. I'm not going to say how to do it. I like if you don't see them.
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
spiritwaiting,

I am sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry about the difficulties with your mother. I'm taking care of my mother (I'm sure she's quite a bit older than yours though!) and I know how emotional and difficult it can be. Just know this stranger is sending some positive vibes your way.

My question (s) to you is/are about meditation. I have wanted to begin but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Do you have any advice?

Also congratulations on your new puppy!

Sincerely,

Jane
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
An update from this story...
Last Thursday my sister and I decided to hang out on her one day off. She wanted to show me her newly rented home and two brandnew puppies.
On the way there, while in the car I felt urged to tell her what had happened.
She immediately picked her phone up and went through it. Without saying anything, she hands me the phone, and on her screen, is a 3 message convo. It was with my late uncles wife, whom we haven't heard from in over 15 years.
My sister told me she ended up calling her and they talked about my uncle, and the situation that occured so many years ago. And she needed all of us to know she had nothing to do with any of it.
Now heres the kicker!
All this happened on the same exact day that my experiences happened! Talk about validation, and awesome syncronicity!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: