You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sleepover Scare

Real Ghost Stories

My Sleepover Scare

 

When I was a youngster I always seemed to have seen shadows and heard voices or noises. Nothing ever scared me too bad. I was used to seeing shadows walk back and forth since I was 5. But what happened this night was not one of those times.

This specific event happened about 10 or more years ago, I am now 22. My sister and I had a cousin sleep over one night and around midnight we were talking and joking around in the living room where we were sleeping. I can't remember the conversation but my cousin was talking then all of a sudden we hear 3 knocks from my bedroom door that lead to the kitchen. My cousin stopped talking and covered her head as fast as she could.

We called my dad and told him what happened. He checked the room and said there was nothing there and that we were just scaring ourselves and that we needed to go to bed. So, being as scared as we were, we all ended up taking our pillows and blankets and sleeping in my parents' bedroom, I was closest to the door.

Everybody fell asleep before me and as soon as I start drifting I heard someone whisper my name. I immediately opened my eyes and looked toward the door. I saw someone staring at me as if they were on their hands and knees peeking around the door. As soon as I looked, they moved back behind the door and disappeared.

What I experienced that night scared me so bad that I blocked it out for years until my brother reminded me. It took me a while to remember what he was talking about but when I remembered, my eyes instantly watered. My eyes still water every time I think about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zombie_momma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zombie_momma (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-17)
It could have been anything really. As a child I would see apparitions/shadows walking through the houses and apartments I lived in. In this particular house I experience more. I had actually heard a little girl laugh in my closet once before and a couple people actually seen her. This particles experience was terrifying!

Thank you guys! ❤
SegaGK (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
I would of been horrified. Well at least you don't see it anymore c:
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Hi Zombie_Momma, have you considered investigating why you saw what you saw? Maybe your fear might decrease if you know why you had the experience. I wouldn't suggest investigating on your own as this could cause some paranormal riffs you may not want. But telling someone and looking at the history of the house, or remembering if you were going through anything at the time may help figure some stuff out. Hope this helps:) x
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
Zombie_momma, wow, I am sure that was pretty scary as kid and is still scared to think about now. I guess I'll agree with Tweed also. I'm just wondering what the thing that peeked around the door looked like?
P.S. I like your username. Hehe. 😊
naughtyghost (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
Nice and creepy one... I agree with tweed maybe the 'thing' wanted to join the fun of sleepover...
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
Whoah Zombie, the way you remembered it sounds just as scary as when it actually happened!
That must have sucked that everyone fell asleep before you did. Had a feeling you were going to say that actually. 😉

It sounds to me that whoever that was might have been a child. Someone who wanted to join in the fun of a sleep over.

By the way welcome!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: