You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Necklace Under The Floor

Real Ghost Stories

The Necklace Under The Floor

 

I would like to thank everyone for helping me with my past paranormal problems. This will involve both past and recent event.

I've moved out of my folks' house and got married a few months back. My wife, her little sister and I are living in my grandfather's house. He died 5 years ago. My wife's name is Sheila and her sister's name is Rebecca. They recently lost their father. He was a police officer and was killed in a robbery gone wrong. That's why Rebecca lives with us.

My grandfather's house was always a kind loving place. However, close to his death it became very depressing. We would see shadow figures hear growling and on one occasion the TV was thrown across the room.

My grandfather's ex was into the occult. She tried to get us involved in it as kids. When my grandfather found out years later he kicked her out. This was seven months before his death and before his house became terrifying. Now these are the recent accounts.

When Sheila, Rebecca and I moved in nothing happened at first. About 2 weeks later little things like objects missing. So far nothing has been found. About 4 weeks after we moved in I woke up to a shadow figure standing over my bed. One night during a bad storm Sheila woke me up cause Rebecca had told her a man was standing out her window. I got my revolver out of my locked dresser drawer. You can not walk on my grandfather's yard without leaving a footprint I couldn't find any trace of anyone, not even a footprint. I asked Rebecca what the man looked like. She described my grandfather. There's no way she could have seen him or even a photo of him. She even said the person only had one eye.

I guessed the shadow figure and the man outside was my grandfather checking on us. I also assumed because he liked messing with people, he was the one taking our stuff. I told them about my grandfather and we all had a little laugh.

About a week later the growling started again and I was getting scratched. Rebecca became afraid to sleep in her room and would regularly sleep with us at night. She kept saying a black shadow would try to suffocate her in her sleep.

About a week ago I had replace the carpet in Rebecca's room. A leak in the roof cause water damage to the floor. After I ripped out the carpet I found a small hole in the floor. I looked in it and saw part of a necklace chain. I opened the hole more and pulled out a pentagram necklace. It looked like the one my grandfather's ex would always wear. Is there a connection to the necklace and the events going on in my grandfather's house?

Other hauntings by luke77

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luke77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

joanna4ever (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-07)
Luke77,

That's terrible. Your grandfather worked hard his whole life to own a home when he was alive and now as a ghost he can't even enter his own home. That is just so wrong. Then you need to do something about it to bring justice to your grandfather (in the spirit world).

If you want to help yourself and your family then you need to be brave and get rid of this curse that's in your home.

You will need to get some incenses (any kind will work) and place it around the inside of the house while it is burning. While that is going on, you need to meditate again the way I described to you in the previous message. But this time, at the other side of the tunnel instead of thinking about your grandfather, imagine a dark figure. As you focus more into this dark figure, it will eventually present it's true form. That would be the entity that cause the problem in your home.

When you see the figure true form, you need to communicate with it (telepathically) "THAT THIS IS YOUR GRANDFATHER'S HOUSE AND YOU LOVE HIM VERY MUCH. AND TELL THE FIGURE TO JUST PLEASE GO AWAY". You need to say it bravely and mean what you say because this is not about yourself anymore...it's about your family and you love them and would do anything for them. Luke, nothing is greater than love in this world. When we love someone, we become more courageous for them.

I hope you have the courage to face negative energy in the name of love for your family.

Let me know what happened after your try it. (oh, the incense burning will bring the negative energy/entity toward you, so you can communicate with them while you are meditating.)
Hemie (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
I think it is highly likely that the necklace and the activity going on in your home are connected. The necklace could be cursed and if that's the case it could be extremely hard to break. I suggest a priest or other religious figure come in and bless the house. The necklace should be examined by a demonologist or someone who is experienced in the occult.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
I spoke with my grandfather while meditating he said he was the one standing out side the window cause what was in the house is preventing him from entering he also said the necklace wasn't the only thing that evil... Left
joanna4ever (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
There might be a connection. Even if you physically get rid of this necklace, the negative energy will still linger in your house because it's already there even if the necklace is no longer there.

Who knows what else that lady left in the house.

I know this may freak you out, but you can connect with the other side if you have enough courage to. Have you tried meditation?

One day or night when it is quiet and peaceful in the house. You need to close your eyes and imagine a bright light on the other side of a tunnel. You need to stay focus and walk into this tunnel and imagine your grandfather. You will eventually see him along this tunnel when you think hard enough and ask him questions about what you can do in the house to have peace again. He will answer your question if you focus hard enough on this light.

Let me know what happened when you try it.

-Joanna
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
I'd get rid of everything associated with the shady ex... Just seems like she at very least had ill intentions. If the grandmother was true and you are a beacon (jury's still out but it's an idea anyway) might as well not have anything hanging about that could amplify that effect. And maybe start collecting and surrounding yourself with things that have positive energy to you - everything from hanging a picture of a loved one in your room to family heirlooms to an image of something you believe in to crystals - whatever makes you feel good, like smiling when you look at it. It's not scientific but surrounding yourself with positive energy certainly couldn't hurt:)
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Under Elisabeth bed and the mirror the ex used is in the shed wanted to be clear also from what my friend told me her grandmother seems to think I'm some kind of beckon for dark energy she says its repressed emotions and some kind of ability I got
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
The necklace was directly under her bed and the mirror she used is in the shed outside
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Red

Psychometry! Thank you. That ability has always fascinated me.

Luke

I read your previous stories, and I must say you've had quite a rough couple of years. You are either lucky or unlucky; seems like these things just find you, but all things considered, you're doing a good job.

Have you taken a look under Rebecca's bed, and have you checked the corners of the room for other hidden surprises? I think it'd be prudent to let Rebecca sleep in your room until you've performed that cleansing ritual and things have died down.

On a more positive note, I believe we're never given anything we can't handle, and this is not your first rodeo (forgive the analogy). I'm including your family in my prayers.

Go with God,
Mazz
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
I gotta say I'm no authority but if what the spiteful ex did on her way out was in the way of a curse - from what I understand, many curses require the individual casting to secure something of theirs in the personal space of the intended victim... That item then functions like a wireless router (lol) broadcasting the curse into that space. So, perhaps, the ex worked her curse and hid the necklace somewhere it wouldn't be found to secure the curse to the place. That said, I'd be after getting rid of that necklace - something about deserting it in any given church seems particularly appealing to me. And, as others have suggested, a nice through cleansing/shielding to follow certainly couldn't hurt:)
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Also Rebecca said the shadow would slowly drag itself from under her bed to beside her bedside table then put what she guessed was a hand over her mouth she also noticed crimson red glows from the head she assume that's its eyes the necklace is brass about the size of of the bottom of a can of air freshener and I did not consult my friends grandmother bout the doll cause back then I didn't know about her
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
The carpet was replaced 8 months before my grand father died he was fighting with his ex then and kicked her out one month later as for the blade it looke as best I can describe is minatule sword only the guard had the ends pointing upward as for the sensitive woman she's the grandmother of a childhood friend and a supposed demonologist and the necklace has a upside down star with what looks like a small metal goats head in the center
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Luke, I have quite a few questions but most have already been asked. I do still have a couple more:

1) had the carpet under which the necklace hole been found been replaced about the time of her departure? If not, by what means was it secured to the floor and were there any signs of damage to it

2) the person you took the necklace to who told you not to come back. How did you find the person? Any idea why they would take an aggressive stance towards you, almost like shooting the messenger?

3) Rebecca thought a shadow was smithering her in her sleep. Did she offer any further detail? Such as position of the shadow? In terms of smothering was it just an inability to breathe or did she feel the sensation of physical pressure, if so where? Also, was her voluntary muscular system still fully functional at the time?

Sorry for the barrage if questions, I'm just really interested in this story.

As for psychometry, I do seem to have some sort of psychic sensitivity but only exprrienced an unusual feeling from an object once. I was very young (no older than five because my grandmother moved out of the house where she showed it to me when I was five). My grandmother (not the same grandmother I have referred to in previous posts) first showed me a family heirloom. An SS officers dress dagger. Her brother brought it back from the war. We keep it in the family as a reminder of the part a number of our earlier family members played in defeating the Nazi regime, something we are all very proud of and thankful for.
At the time, I knew nothing of the war, the Nazis or the horror of the time. But touching that dagger gave me a very deep feeling of what I would now describe as dread and revilement. Next few times I was near it I would get the same so it was shut away.

Later in life when discussing family war history I handled the artefact a number of times and felt nothing unusual. Guessing it was a sensitivity that faded with age. Sorry I'm starting to drift off topic. I guess what I'm saying is that I do believe objects can hold energies that could be paranormal in nature.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Mazz

The ability to hold an object and get a reading off of it is psychometry an ability I have. I think most if not all psychics do. It's just another tool.

Luke

I think the name of the weird looking knife you are talking about is probably an Atheme. Also if the Pentagram or Pentacle is upside down and has a face that kind of looks like a goat that's a Baphomet the symbol used by the Church of Satan. As for her cutting her hand and writing something on a mirror in a different language with her own blood doesn't sound good to me. Two questions. Did she write on the mirror right before she left? In other words while she was packing to leave because your grandfather kicked her out. Also how long after he kicked her out did your grandfather die?

I suggest you go to Rookdygins' profile page and use his cleansing/shielding method. It takes several days to complete and you may have to do it several times to get the desired affect. Before you do this give the necklace your religious leader if you are religious that is, they will know what to do with it. Take a look around the house,attic,basement,property to see if she left anything else around before you get rid of the necklace so you can dispose of it all at once. If you prefer to have the house blessed, do that, BUT keep Rookdygins' cleansing/shielding method in mind. Many members on this site have used it and have said that it works great.

Regards
Red
Oni (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Out of curiosity, what is this necklace made of? You say a pentagram. What material? Size? Is it surrounded by anything such as a ring? A pentagram is pretty vague and stereotypical "evil" [it is really only Christians that really see it as evil, other beliefs don't]. Occult, as like shamanism and paganism, use specific materials to amplify their abilities and their intent.

Anything else beyond a weird looking knife - there are numerous beliefs [shamanism & paganism done properly for example] that use "odd looking knives".

By another language any memory as to what? German? French? Latin? If she was into the darker aspect of the occult - and no, unlike die hard Christian believers the occult doesn't automatically equal satanism - the mirror raises just whom she was attempting to contact for mirrors are conduits just like those "cute" Ouija boards.

I am asking these questions for a reason because though the sensitive kicked you out - given you posted another article nearly a year ago where your mother played around with a voodoo doll... It might not be the pentagram necklace that caused her to freak out, but you.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
I took the necklace to a I guess their called sensitives she didn't even touch it and she looked terrified she kicked me out and told me to never come back she could feel the evil leaking from the necklace
flowersgrowback (5 stories) (22 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Luke77,

I'm inclined to say that any practice involving self-harm or the use of blood is taking it dangerously far but is also probably only drawing something negative.

There are lots of possibilities here. I strongly agree with previous posters who say that nothing causing you harm would be your grandfather, let alone any good spirit at all. It may not even be human.

To second another poster, yes, there are spirits who can briefly take on the appearance of a deceased loved on. They do it to manipulate you, lure you into a false sense of closeness or affection towards them. They can even mimic their voices.

It is also possible that your grandfather resides there along with one to a hand full of other spirits/entities. Sometimes these things can get quite complicated, especially if "dark" occult practices have taken place.

And thank you for sharing. Sometimes sharing paranormal experiences feels quite vulnerable. Best of luck.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
I didn't know entities could appear as people in our lives that's interesting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Mazz,
Yours makes sense also. Spirits not having enough energy, to show any sort of activity in a dormant home.
Some food for thought.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Miracles,
Same here too many to count with moving.
Hmm yeah could be a definite possiblilty. We don't notice anything until we've settled in and started to feel at home.
Hehe and you made perfect sense 😊.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
From memory about seven years ago she used a mirror cut her hand with some weird looking knife and wrote on the mirror something in a different language using her blood
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
It seemed to me like the grace period (I can't find a better term for it) was to give whatever is in your grandfather's house a time to feel you out; or maybe they needed the hustle and bustle of people to get their jumpstart - not much energy to use in an empty house.
There is a chance that your grandfather's ex's pendant might be important (hidden under floorboards in your sister-in-law's room), or it might not be. I'm with Spirit on this one; what kind of occult stuff was she into? If you can find someone who can get a feel for an object (I forgot the ability's name), maybe you can give it to them to see what they can pick up.
Go with God, (I'm Catholic, and I like to think that's a nice layman's blessing)
Mazz
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Spiritwaiting - for the longest time I wondered the same thing about activity not beginning immediately. But I've come to the conclusion maybe because moving is such a hassle (done it way too many times) and it sometimes takes a little time to get comfortable in a new setting that we don't notice the activity.

A really long, rambling sentence but I hope you can make sense of it 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Luke77,
I often wonder why if any spirits reside or visit a home, wait at least 2 weeks to start any of its activity.

I have noticed from back in my experiences, it would be at least 2 weeks or longer for activity to start up.

Now onto your experiences.
Im not sure it would be your grandfather, if scratching has occured. Any physical harm, done to our bodies, by a spirit I hope wouldn't be your grandfather.
Now if he was an angry, or maybe even volatile person in life it could very well be a possibilty.

But heres another theory...
When his ex lived there she was into the occult right?
Do you remember her activity, and the nature of what she did?
Not all occult activity is harmful or bad, just as long as the user is using it wisely.

When the T.V was thrown and scratches occured, was is during,after,or before this ex was removed from the home?

And one more thing...
Say if it isn't your grandfather, it could be an enitity taking on the looks of your grandfather, in order to become closer to you and your family.

Just some thoughts

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: