You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In My Previous House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Previous House

 

We moved into a double wide mobile home. We saw a pile of trash at the back of the property and went to see what it was and we found some books on devil worshipping.

To get to our closet we have to go in the bathroom to get to the closet. A few days after we moved in, I picked up my boyfriend's jeans on the floor and put them in a laundry basket in our closet. A few minutes later I heard a noise coming from the bathroom so I went in there and the jeans were laying on top of the bathroom counter. I brushed it off thinking maybe I didn't put the jeans in the basket.

The next day I seen a man out of my corner eye and I turned quickly but no man was there. Later that day I was cleaning house and I heard a baby cry but thought it must be on the television.

A week after we moved in my boyfriend's son, his wife and their 3 year old daughter came to see us and their daughter was pointing at a doorway and she was screaming like she was scared but we brushed that off too.

A few days later my boyfriend went to take a shower. After he turned the water on he came back in the living room for something and went back to the shower and there was a glass in front of the shower door. Now I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together and thinking we have a ghost.

The next morning my boyfriend went to work at 3 am in the morning and after getting him off to work I went back to bed and all of a sudden I heard a baby crying. The TV wasn't on this time, so I got up to investigate and when I didn't find anything I went back toward my bedroom and I heard kids laughing and I froze when I heard it. I got scared and told my boyfriend what happened after he left work and told him we gotta move, I'm not living with ghosts.

When our rental lease was up we decided to move. On moving day I was in the house packing up loose ends and my boyfriend yelled telling me to come outside so I did and then I returned to the packing. I was the only person in the house and all of a sudden I felt something hit my head and I turned around and saw it was a cigarette lighter so I thought my boyfriend is messing with me. So I went outside and told him I didn't appreciate him throwing his lighter at my head and he said his lighter was with his cigarettes in his truck so we went to look and his lighter was gone. We walked into the house together to show him the lighter that hit me and it was gone and when we turned around the lighter was on another box.

When we started to leave I looked up and saw a child in the window.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cthdunn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
sarahs357 - if you would like to share your experience as its own story, please do so. Posting it as a comment on someone else's story tends to derail the advice/help from the original story.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
cthdunn,
Welcome to YGS. A child... That always saddens me a bit to hear of a wee ghostie, but much of what you describe does fit in with childish pranks. At least nothing truly bad/harmful happened. Bad enough though, right?
Rook might be on to something with his trailer theory. It certainly seems as if they garner activity.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
Rook - I strongly agree with your journal advice, as you well know.

Cthdunn - I've lived in several trailers (mobile homes) in my lifetime and currently own one now, in which my kids and I have lived for almost 7 years. We have always experienced activity, most of which is documented in my Journal. The thing about the journal is it can help you determine what could be a natural occurrence versus a paranormal one. If you aren't keeping one, please start. Even if you aren't living in a mobile home at this time, once you start keeping track of odd things, more things will come back to you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
Trailers a WORKING THEORY By Rook Dygin

Made of lightweight aluminum with walls full of 'just' enough insulation and enough electrical wiring for a 2-3 bedroom home these 'homes on wheels' become their own 'fear cage'. A fear cage happens when an area of a home or building generates and traps high levels of EMF. High levels of EMF can lead to all sorts of issues... Feelings of being watched, nausea, headaches... Tingling sensations (as if being lightly touched) hallucinations ect... All things that may be associated with a Haunting.

Having said that High EMF levels MAY also attract spirits because they are able to use the energy provided to MANIFEST... Which includes "Feelings of being watched, nausea, headaches... Tingling sensations (as if being lightly touched) hallucinations ect".

Where does that leave us? Trailer/Mobile homes are dangerous in a tornado... 😲

No, really... It leaves us at the point where Journals, Video captures, multiple witnesses and Documented EMF level's, room by room... Will help determine if there is more than just 'EMF Sensitivity' happening.

Just a working theory of mine.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
Tweed - same thought went through my head, but it always does when a mobile home (trailer) story comes up LOL Thanks for the plug 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
Did the child stick their finger up?
If I was a child ghost I would totally do that.

Yours reminded me of one of Miracles haunts here:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9109

It seems very odd things happen in trailers. No idea know why, but there's loads of examples on here.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-21)
Welcome to YGS.

That's creepy!
Personally, I'm not sure if there was a ghost in that house or if it was something else trying to mess up with you, perhaps the previous tenant called some negative energy and left it behind after moving out of the place.
It would be interesting to check if the new tenants are experiencing the same as you.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear nothing unwanted follow you to the new place.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: