You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Could It Be The Previous Owner And His Son?

Real Ghost Stories

Could It Be The Previous Owner And His Son?

 

When my husband and I bought our house in 1999 we did not believe in ghost. Well it did not take long for us to change our minds!

The first thing that happened was the ceiling fan was on without being turned on. Then my husband heard someone talking to our youngest son while he was sleeping. Our dog was growling at something there. We have had footsteps, seen shadows; lights turn on and off, cupboards that open and shut, and the TV changed channels by itself. Our oldest son saw two guys sitting on the floor in his bedroom watching TV; he left the room and went back upstairs after they disappeared. I have seen a man and black shadows in my bedroom.

I think the weirdest thing that has happened was on morning when I returned home from working a night shift. I came home and went to my bedroom to go to sleep. It was a Saturday morning. I heard what sounded like my husband coming home. I heard the living room door open and someone walking up the stairs and I heard the bathroom door open and the shower turn on. My bedroom is right next to the bathroom, so I got up to go see my husband. I opened the bathroom door and immediately the shower stopped and when I looked there was no one there and the shower wall was wet. It freaked me out. We have had to tell our ghost at times to knock it off when it has been overly noisy and it immediately stops.

As the years have gone by it has got better. I guess it has got used to us. The last things we have seen is a black shadow which walks down the stairs and walks behind the couch and goes back. We still here walking on the porch and sometimes we hear knocking on the doors. IT STILL UNNERVES ME.

I believe it is the previous owner and his son who haunt this house. After talking to neighbors they said the ex owner used to talk of seeing his son and that is why he did not sell the house. As long as he does not hurt anyone we coexist.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cycolbur, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ColoradoGirl (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
Interesting!
I always love the stories about ghosts who do stuff, then when you talk to them to knock it off!
And when the shower started, did you feel a wind at all? That would be cool!
cycolbur (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
We have no idea what it said to my youngest son it was low speaking. I feel that he stayed here because of his son. Most of the time it is quiet but once in a while it gets noisy. I have not heard them husband is the only one. We each have had our own experiences and yes they have spooked my sons a couple of times, like when jason had a friend over and we were goen it acted up to the point they just ran upstairs and covered there heads. Carmi got spooked when the 2 were in his bedroom watching tv, myself is when the man was in my bedroom looking down at me to this day I hate to admit it I sleep with a nightlight on. It scared me so bad I could not even scream. Thank god it only happened once but I feel that they know we are here to stay.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Cycolbur--That's quite a lot of phenomena. Active buggers, aren't they! It appears, as Ghostreader Mike said, father and son are inhabiting their/your house and going about their usual routines. I wonder, though, if they're new routines or old ones, residual hauntings, as it were. Father and son must have had quite a tight bond for them to stick together. If the son accidentally hanged himself, do you think it could be that the father decided after passing to "stick around" to be with his son? Do spirits have that choice? What do you think? I am surprised your own sons aren't spooked by it all. Have they reported any of the dialogue spoken to them or has only your husband heard it, and have you (or the spirits) shared any of this?
cycolbur (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
The sounds we have heard have been footsteps, doors opening and shutting, cupboards opening and slamming shut. I heard knocking on the doors, on a door that no one can get to. I have seen a man all in white in my bedroom, I saw his body and face and he matched the description of the owner who had died there. My son saw 2 guys all in white sitting in his bedroom watching tv, and he also has seen his french door closets shake. My husband saw a black shadow figure hovering in front of our refridgerator. We have both seen black shadows walk down the stairs in back of the couch and go back upstairs. My youngest son was home one night when he and his friend had the lights go on and off, doors open and shut, tv change channels by itself. My dogs often look upstairs and bark and growl and we see nothing. They also go to the door and same thing. My husband has heard voices talking to our youngest son and our dog was laying on our son and growling. It is sometimes unnerving it startles you when you don't expect it. I hope this helps James.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Cycolburn--Thanks for the story. I admire your aplomb. Except for "freaked" and "unnerved," you reveal a great control of your emotions and rather tell your account in a straightforward manner. One thing I like about this site is how presents not only a long gamut of encounters but also of personal responses. What a marvelously diverse and global community we are.
If you'd ever care to unpack some of the descriptions of the sounds and sights you and your family have seen, and what you all make of them, I for one would look forward to reading them.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
be calm and don't be worried unless there is any harsh action in no means they will show any affect have grace on god and do your responsibilty
Scary boy
rawriwantmycooki (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
I don't hink you should be that worryed they are just like there, not that important to the point you hve to be worryed about them just respect them and they'll respect you. 😁

Thank you for sharing =) byebye,
Laura
chloe6991 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
They just sound like they are just hanging around. I don't think that they sound violent and they respect your space. Just try not to upset them.
cycolbur (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
The owner son accidently hung himself and then around 11 years ago the owner who was only in his early 40's died of a massive heart attack. My neighbors told me the only reason that the owner did not sell because of his son's ghost. The worst they have done was slam cupboards open and shut and we told them to knock it off, we let them know this is our home, we are in control. Once in a while we hear knocking on the doors or someone walking on our porch or just see the black shadows. I personally was most spooked by seeing the full body spirit of the man in my bedroom. Thank god that only happened only once.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
Hi my name is Mike thank you for sharing your story. You should find some history on the house and try to track down anyone that lived there after the father and son did if anyone besides yourself. It sounds like to me that the ghosts in your house do not believe that they are no longer living and just are going on with their everyday lives. It is good that they have not tried to hurt any of you. I would not anger them in any way if possible trouble may start. It seems that they are just your avarege ghosts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: